NameSilo

domain Can I share my names? acousticmelody.com + more

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Christopher Thompson

Established Member
Impact
Hi guys, very new to this and was hoping to share the names of the 10 domains i have registered to get your opinions on them before i spend any more money...Can somebody confirm that this is ok? Any help would be massively appreciated.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Welcome to Namepros! Feel free to share your domains. You can also post them in the appraisal section.

Best of luck domaining!

•••
Thank you very much...Ok here goes!:
acousticmelody.com
seethegig.com (and .co.uk)
theseboots.co.uk
mydslr.net (and .co.uk)
firstflush.co.uk
newhobby.co.uk
theinspection.co.uk
thehobbylist.co.uk

If they are rubbish please break it to me gently!!

•••
Thanks for sharing. I don't have much time to research the names nor I am also not an expert on co.uk.

I have seen much worse. I like acousticmelody, but the others are probably not worth much.

My suggestion would be to really, really wait before registering domains. Make out a list of the ones you want and wait a week or maybe two.

If you are still as excited and have done your research, then register it.

Without knowing your plan (resell, develop, etc.), it's hard to tell you much more.

Also consider checking Namebio for similar names that have sold.

Best of luck!

•••
Great advice thanks 🙏..Can I ask about seethegig please? I thought that might be attractive to ticket resellers...Because you don’t think it’s worth much my mind is now thinking 2 things.... Firstly is gig a popular U.K. word but not so much in the states?(have I got too excited about a word that I use rather than thinking about other people)...Secondly is it because the ticket industry is established and upcoming touts are being cracked down on? Or am I missing something else please!?

Appreciate your time Silentptnr

•••
•••
The word gig is used here in the US. Your domain is a three word domain, and I don't feel it is "rare". There are other ways to say it. For example, seethetheater.com is available. Again, value can be subjective. SeeTheShow and SeeTheConcert are for sale at over 5k each. They might sell, or never sell. Who knows! :)

Last edited:
•••
Hello!

Welcome to NamePros!

•••
What's your thought on BeingSatoshi.com???

•••
•••
It's a unique and creative name, did you hear about Beingguru? It's same like that. It can be a blog too.

•••
It's a unique and creative name, did you hear about Beingguru? It's same like that. It can be a blog too.

Yes, it can be a blog, but the problem is...nobody pays good money for a blog name. :guilty:

There are tons of very good hobby-type blog names available for crafts/pets/sports/computers etc, but the end-users (buyers) are just regular folk who might...might...pay $50 for the name, if they really, really like the name. (The only exception would be an experienced blogger who knows they could monetize the blog and recoup the cost.)

That said, I like AcousticMelody and think it has a chance at commercial use. Would be nice to see what kind of logo Brandpa/Brandbucket etc would come up with for that name.

I guess FirstFlush could be a commode repair site, :laugh:

•••
Cheers Sharjeep, I’m not the blog guy, he hijacked me (no hard feelings!!)...Yeah I hope my 2 .coms might be worth a bit....I’ve listed them on the auctions but it seems so hard to get any attention for it....

And yes, I regretted firstflush almost instantly haha!

•••
edit

Last edited:
•••
I guess FirstFlush could be a commode repair site, :laugh:

Interestingly I didn't immediately figure this name's "toilet" connection. I was thinking of the "first flush of youth", or "excitement", or "passion" etc. That's what the owner of the dot com name seems to think too, as FirstFlush.com is a park page with dating links. So I think the .co.uk varient has some potential in that direction too!

•••
Yeah cheers canswift, dating and youths is exactly what I had in mind,then I registered it and realised the toilet links!

•••

every domain is unique
that's why they exist

•••
For a begginer the mentioned names are ok. Try selling them.

•••
Hey Namerav, is listing on godaddy, sedo and afternic enough?...they have 6 views combined in a week!...seems to be pretty dead....

I find it really confusing, I look at the auction and horrid mashes of keyboards such as gg9399.com have 60 bidders and are 5000 dollars ??? Yet nobody is looking at mine

•••
seethegig could be a good one. I could see a ticket seller or reseller using that name.

Good Luck (y)

•••
Cheers cooljub...so how would you go about selling please? Just ask for offers on sites like godaddy, or actively email sellers asking if they are interested?

•••
Cheers cooljub...so how would you go about selling please? Just ask for offers on sites like godaddy, or actively email sellers asking if they are interested?
I'm learning too, so I'm probably not best qualified to advise O_o
I have a few names listed for sale at Sedo. I'd suggest reading about their MLS programme (or Afternic's Reseller Network) for better exposure.

•••
You’re starting to see some profits?...Do you find auctions or buy now/negotiations the best way to go please mate?

•••
•••
Thank you very much...Ok here goes!:
acousticmelody.com
seethegig.com (and .co.uk)
theseboots.co.uk
mydslr.net (and .co.uk)
firstflush.co.uk
newhobby.co.uk
theinspection.co.uk
thehobbylist.co.uk

If they are rubbish please break it to me gently!!

You could submit the .co.uk's to domainlore, but you pay £5 to list at domainlore initially, but if they sell that gets refunded, with no commission, so its decent from that pov.

They are ok names, but bit of a hard sell to reseller market imho.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back