IT.COM

Can I sell MP3 downloads online

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hi there,

I recently registered zunetunes.com and it is crying out to be developed into a nice download site. I was wondering if i could sell MP3 downloads legally? Im not up to scratch regarding legality of this practice, so hopefully someone could guide me in the right direction or suggest a script to me?

Thanks
kevin

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
All music is copyrighted and you must have an agreement with each record label to sell music. Besides, how long before MS comes after you with that domain? :)

•••
i dont think you should sell the actual MP3 i think you should sell a subscription to that section and make them free. like a VIP download vault thing.

•••
SteveAR said:
i dont think you should sell the actual MP3 i think you should sell a subscription to that section and make them free. like a VIP download vault thing.

oh yeah, thats a better way. Do you know of a script? :)

•••
kevmacmeh said:
oh yeah, thats a better way. Do you know of a script? :)

i dont have one but i plan to use vbulletin for my forum when im sure the name sticks. i saw a couple of articles saying the zune was named Xune and it sort of makes sense so i reg iXune.com and Xuneowners.com just to be safe.

im going to go withVB cause it has that feature included into the software.

heres a ringtone script you can prob modify

http://www.freeturnkey.net/scripts.html

•••
My advice...don't monetize this domain. If you do MS will come after you. It's a great domain. If you make a popular forums you will still have power and draw. It's nice to use a popular site to push new projects. And the music download thing can produce incredible trouble for you if you host ANY copyrighted material.

•••
I would make it a download site for independent labels only. that way there will be no issues.

•••
i have designed a cool logo for it until i decide what to do with it (see zunetunes.com) :)

•••
SteveAR said:

So you mean to give away pirated MP3s for free when you are a paying member???? Hmmm, let us think about this one....

(knock knock)
who's there?
RIAA.
RIAA who?
RIAA who will be biting your azz for illegally distributing copyrighted music.

•••
DNQuest.com said:
So you mean to give away pirated MP3s for free when you are a paying member???? Hmmm, let us think about this one....

(knock knock)
who's there?
RIAA.
RIAA who?

haha...

yeah, that might be not such a good idea. surely there must be a ready made site out there somewhere :)

•••
DNQuest.com said:

(knock knock)
who's there?
RIAA.
RIAA who?

well there are so many forums that do this. i have ringtones on my nextel site for people to use for free. just an idea sorry

•••
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back