NameSilo

Buying at 10%

Labeled as sales in Domain Buying and Selling Discussion, started by Doughnut, Mar 24, 2021

Replies:
Views:

1. jhm

jhm Glazed

If a GoDaddy Domain Appraisal states the estimate value of a domain is $10k, are you happy paying $1k?

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. noneisnone

noneisnone 444 VIP Gold Account

sometimes godaddy will value a domain 3k+ just because the same keyword sold for 25k+ in another extensions
    Example :
    Kosovo.ca (go daddy appraises at 3k) only reason because kososvo.com sold for allot of money yet i wouldn't pay reg fee for Kosovo.ca

don't go around registering domains with high appraisals hoping reseller will pick them up for 10%(or any percentage of the appraisal) before you do your research on why a domain got a high appraisal.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
  3. jhm

jhm Glazed

Just curious. I don't hold what I don't love. I've got ones that id let go for a large fraction of what any "appraisal" says, mostly as I don't believe them, or have a long term view for certain names / lack of market

4. bmugford

bmugford www.DataCube.com PRO VIP ICA Member ★★★★★★★★★★

No. Automated appraisals are largely meaningless.

I trust my own valuation more than an automated system.

Brad

5. jhm

jhm Glazed

This is the point I make. Why do these appraisal systems even exist? Not even worth 10%, even 5% of the number suggested, nobody pays. The appraisal assumes a unicorn coming over the horizon, underneath a shining rainbow, in every case. Reputable companies doing it, lack of responsibility. To this day it twists my tender nipples

Last edited: Mar 24, 2021
  6. Moneta

Moneta Established Member

This auto-value is so bad, I can sell some 5k godaddy domains for 200$ and i will be so happy :)

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice