IT.COM

sales Buying at 10%

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

jhm

Top Member
Impact
If a GoDaddy Domain Appraisal states the estimate value of a domain is $10k, are you happy paying $1k?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
sometimes godaddy will value a domain 3k+ just because the same keyword sold for 25k+ in another extensions
Example :
Kosovo.ca (go daddy appraises at 3k) only reason because kososvo.com sold for allot of money yet i wouldn't pay reg fee for Kosovo.ca

don't go around registering domains with high appraisals hoping reseller will pick them up for 10%(or any percentage of the appraisal) before you do your research on why a domain got a high appraisal.

Last edited:
•••
Just curious. I don't hold what I don't love. I've got ones that id let go for a large fraction of what any "appraisal" says, mostly as I don't believe them, or have a long term view for certain names / lack of market

•••
If a GoDaddy Domain Appraisal states the estimate value of a domain is $10k, are you happy paying $1k?

No. Automated appraisals are largely meaningless.

I trust my own valuation more than an automated system.

Brad

•••
This is the point I make. Why do these appraisal systems even exist? Not even worth 10%, even 5% of the number suggested, nobody pays. The appraisal assumes a unicorn coming over the horizon, underneath a shining rainbow, in every case. Reputable companies doing it, lack of responsibility. To this day it twists my tender nipples

Last edited:
•••
This auto-value is so bad, I can sell some 5k godaddy domains for 200$ and i will be so happy :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back