bradr.com
  • 5 letters
  • Brandable
  • pronounceable
  • 17 year old domain

Price tag?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
A couple things... first a personal pet peeve of mine - it is NOT truly pronounceable... people pass stuff off as pronounceable all the time that isn't (for sure this is better than some I have seen).... yes, you can find a way to say it, but in normal English it is not....... this impacts the domain a LOT.

That being said, it has become somewhat popular to take a word and add just a "r" to it - largely made popular by websites likes flickr. However, the word tends to need to be a short popular or strong keyword in order to make this word... "Brad" doesn't really fit this with being either a name or small type of nail.

The 5 letters definitely helps sell it to endusers and the 17 year age if good, but only resellers/domainers care about that. It doesn't impact the real price you want on this.

Reseller: regfee to low $xx
Enduser: $xxx (possible for more, but personally I think it will be really difficult to find an enduser for this one, so I wouldn't try for too high).

Hope this helps!

•••
I agree with @svede
I have seen this domain name on expiring domains list on name.com and decided that
it's not worth buying it.
The addition of "r" to the end of the domain string reduce the value of the domain.
It's not pronounceable and it doesn't make any sense.
Furthermore, It will be extremely difficult to find an end user.

But since it is LLLLL.com domain name and is 17 years old, it has some value.

Resell price: low $xx
End user price: high $xx to low $xxx

Best of luck :)

•••
Nothing really to add to the top two guys except that please would people stop advertising these names as pronounceable...they're just not!

Also i'ts true about flickr, but in fact i believe they removed the "e" from flicker as opposed to adding an "r"...might not seem like a lot of difference but with that logic in mind, i've never heard of anyone using the term "brader" so wouldn't even work in that sense either.

I like brandables, i'm not sure why, probably easier ways of making money! But I've learnt that its all very well ticking all the boxes; pronounceable, radio test, short etc but sometimes you have to take a step back and remember that the target for these kind of domains are nearly always going to be the end user...would you call your company "bradr"? ....what service would that company provide? what product would it sell?...in fact i struggle to think of a sector or industry that I could approach to sell to...

Also age of domain means a lot less in this area of domaining I've found...end user doesn't care if its 17 years old or 17 minutes old, if it sounds good to him/her and he/she can see value with relation to their start up then they'll buy.

If you get lucky then high xx ...super lucky then maybe tip into xxx otherwise let it drop and don't waste anymore time, plenty of LLLLL.com's out there to hand-reg that are of better quality.

Sorry to disappoint and hope you prove me wrong :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back