IT.COM

domain bookmykid.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Earthworm9044

Impact
Looking for a couple of things, firstly ballpark on the price. I am sitting personally at around $1k based on looking at previous sales of similar domains but looking for a more general consensus on this.

Secondly, if I have underestimated the price (likely I haven't and have overestimated) is it worth holding longer term? I can see some good business use cases for it which is why I picked it up.

Appreciate any feedback, thank you

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
$25 to $99 = Reseller Value Speculation (NOT an end user speculation)

•••
I can see some good business use cases for it which is why I picked it up.
Could you explain what this can be used for? I've racked my brain and just cannot come up with a commercial use.

•••
Could you explain what this can be used for? I've racked my brain and just cannot come up with a commercial use.
It could be used for a child-talent booking website. There are tons of parents who look to manage their children’s careers; and would benefit from a platform called bookmykid.com to help them do so.

•••
Looking for a couple of things, firstly ballpark on the price. I am sitting personally at around $1k based on looking at previous sales of similar domains but looking for a more general consensus on this.

Secondly, if I have underestimated the price (likely I haven't and have overestimated) is it worth holding longer term? I can see some good business use cases for it which is why I picked it up.

Appreciate any feedback, thank you
Greetings! As stated in another comment we posted, bookmykid.com would be a great name for a kid-talent booking platform/app. There are many parents who manage their child’s career; and would benefit from a tool/resource that could help them do so safely, legally and conveniently.

The sale price of the name would be contingent on whether you intend to offer the domain in tandem with an active website/app; or whether you simply look to sale the name by itself. It might be worth looking into booking agencies for children/kids to see if they’d be interested in acquiring it.

All in all, you could reasonably fetch $x,xxx - $xx,xxx with the right buyer. If you opt to offer a website and brand package, you could likely fetch more.

Hopefully this helps.

Last edited:
•••
Greetings! As stated in another comment we posted, bookmychild.com would be a great name for a child-talent booking platform/app. There are many parents who manage their child’s career; and would benefit from a tool/resource that could help them do so safely, legally and conveniently.

All in all, you could reasonably fetch $x,xxx - $xx,xxx with the right buyer. I
But it's not "bookmychild" it's "bookmykid" which sounds awful. "kid" is informal, and the words together makes it sound cheap.
Parents do want a nice safe app, but they would also want it to sound nice as it's their child. "Book My Kid" sounds gutterish, uncaring, etc.

I don't think "bookmykid" will sell, and most certainly not for 5 figures. These are just opinions, but I don't think getting the owners hopes up is great, nor advising others domains like this are worth 5 figures as it promotes bad buying.

•••
But it's not "bookmychild" it's "bookmykid" which sounds awful. "kid" is informal, and the words together makes it sound cheap.
Parents do want a nice safe app, but they would also want it to sound nice as it's their child. "Book My Kid" sounds gutterish, uncaring, etc.

I don't think "bookmykid" will sell, and most certainly not for 5 figures. These are just opinions, but I don't think getting the owners hopes up is great, nor advising others domains like this are worth 5 figures as it promotes bad buying.
Everyone is indeed sharing their perspective here. However, we also have some professional experiences that support our belief in the value assessment provided. Notice there were contingencies referenced. (Eg: Whether the domain was being offered with a developed site/app or by itself.) We understand both.

As for your viewpoint on the use of “child” vs. “kid”, it’s definitely a matter of preference. “Child” is legacy-formal; but “kid” is definitely a widely used term. Especially in this age of “Kid” YouTube Stars etc. We understand and respect your point though. Obviously, the name might suit some tastes and not others.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Greetings! As stated in another comment we posted, bookmykid.com would be a great name for a kid-talent booking platform/app. There are many parents who manage their child’s career; and would benefit from a tool/resource that could help them do so safely, legally and conveniently.

The sale price of the name would be contingent on whether you intend to offer the domain in tandem with an active website/app; or whether you simply look to sale the name by itself. It might be worth looking into booking agencies for children/kids to see if they’d be interested in acquiring it.

All in all, you could reasonably fetch $x,xxx - $xx,xxx with the right buyer. If you opt to offer a website and brand package, you could likely fetch more.

Hopefully this helps.
Appreciate your input here - this is the sort of idea I had for it too.

•••
It sounds strange to be honest. Like some Deep Web sick app.

Last edited:
•••
It sounds strange to be honest. Like some Deep Web sick app.
Well, the “context of interpretation” for any domain name will always be specific to the interpreting party and their beliefs, lifestyle and/or experiences.

For QUAD, we CHOOSE to interpret domains from a wholesome, positive and progressive standpoint. NEVER one that’s malicious, negative or harmful.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back