IT.COM

Bio / Implants / Microchip Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

HotKey

Made in CanadaTop Member
Impact
Microchip implants are discreet by nature. In time I think this will replace using one's phone for menial tasks, ie paying for goods in brick-and-mortar outlets, stepping onto public transit or swiping into a workplace. Any investments in this market?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/07/25/technology/microchips-wisconsin-company-employees.html

I would like to see some creative naming combinations, so post em' here. I really like the name this Swedish company has for themselves as mentioned in the above article: Biohax.

Currently I have the gTLD swipevip that may be relevant, however I'm not totally satisfied on the extension. Maybe for a company that caters implants to the corporate-type.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Only one.

BiochipSolutions in King.

•••
•••
So far a gTLD and a classic king. Both solid, high quality IMHO. Nice!

Anymore?

It is a very finite number of companies that can enter this type market, and likely looking at long-term holds for your names. I'd imagine it's best to be very discerning with your choices.

Bionic He.art

Picked up this one last night, yes I know its a hack but I couldn't resist as if you think about it a domain hack is fitting because a bio implant in and of itself is a "body hack".

•••
I would like to see some creative naming combinations, so post em' here. I really like the name this Swedish company has for themselves as mentioned in the above article:

I'd expect products in this niche to use something brandable - implants just don't sound very attractive, tags and chips sound a lot better. Implants sound surgical, like breast implants.

https://contest.techbriefs.com/2017/entries/electronics-sensors-iot/8474

Bichip is Developing and Designing glass-encapsulated RFID microchip for implantation in the human body. The chip is designed to remain permanently embedded under the skin. The implantable microchips can be read by third-party wireless scanners or modem from distance. (5-20 meters).

•••
Hi

chips, implants and other bio, micro tracking, is about "you"...

about knowing where, what, when and how, you do whatever, in your daily lives.

and the dark side of the force will be the monitor

:)

still in this area, i have

Bio-Tech.org
ImplantShop com
BarSpring com > bar code/ rfid technology or startup hatchery

imo...

•••
Hi

chips, implants and other bio, micro tracking, is about "you"...

about knowing where, what, when and how, you do whatever, in your daily lives.

and the dark side of the force will be the monitor

:)

still in this area, i have

Bio-Tech.org
ImplantShop com
BarSpring com > bar code/ rfid technology or startup hatchery

imo...
Yes agreed..there will be a dark side to this. If you don't let them in they can't monitor. When the time comes, I think the masses may embrace though, just as we have with GPS in vehicles, location services in phones..etc.

We become ignorant over time to protecting our privacy when these "technological advances" migrate slowly and steadily into our lives..

Nice names BTW.

•••
Interesting article that explains the difference between a wearable and an implant:
https://www.nextgenges.com/iot-medical-devices/

While the distinguishing line between conventional IoT medical devices and wearable / implant devices can sometimes be blurred, we consider as implant medical devices those attached to the skin or placed inside the human body, instead of devices simply worn by the patient.

Moreover, implant devices should be appropriate for various body and skin morphologies, while at the same time offering security and data protection features that render them immune to malicious parties that may attempt to compromise their operation.

•••
I believe we're only a few celebrity endorsements/installations away from this trend gaining a sizeable amount of traction!

•••
•••
•••
•••
dermchip.com
dermchips.com

Check this out - new nanochips that sit on top of skin to regenerate organs:

https://www.theguardian.com/science...-regrow-organs-with-one-touch-say-researchers

A tiny device that sits on the skin and uses an electric field to reprogramme cells could be a breakthrough in the way we treat injured or ageing tissue

BTW there is whole thread here abot IoT - if the skin connects to the outside world maybe this belongs there: https://www.namepros.com/threads/internet-of-things-iot-industry-domain-names.805962/

•••
While IoT deals with data transfer from subject to subject, bionics is more a built-in body solution technology. Nano tech is definitely part of this field, although I see nano as "movement", tiny robotics within that have a specific task.

Nano is a great keyword to consider, being so catchy I'd imagine it would be challenging to find an available name. Tagging this thread with it.

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Insidables .com
I like this name. Really gives a consumer friendly feel to a potentially stark technology. I think you got a good one there..

•••
•••
•••
implantabletechnology.com

augmentables.com

VRimplant.com
ARimplant.com

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back