Domain Empire

Bin?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
When people are selling there domains and put BIN 200. What does that mean?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
It gets misused a lot.
If you are making a straight sale there really is no need to list your price as a BIN price.

A BIN (buy it now) price is usually provided in an auction to indicate the acceptable price range.

•••
Thanks ever so much you two :)

•••
Whoops. I assumed that it was just a reserve price, but now I see it B.I.N. Buy It Now.

But then again when you think about it, a buy it now price is almost the same as a reserve price in that, that is a price that you feel it is worth! A price you are happy with

- Luke

•••
BIN is usually much higher than the reserve price..

Well,

BIN price is the price which sounds like: take me now, it's a good deal! It's yours for this money! (and when the seller gets this price, he's actually screaming: Wow! What a day! They bought my domain for such a great price :)

And the reserve price is saying: I may not agree to sell if it's not higher that this $.

I agree with HHDomains that it is misused frequently. I use it sometimes also :)
Probably sellers want buyers to feel comfortable and give them a bit of auction fireworks taste... so that would be intentional use, not misuse.

•••
As you have already learned BIN = Buy It Now.

If you need to know any other acronyms, you can always search at Acronym Finder.

Its a very helpful website and you can type in a search term and they will return a multitude of different categories that you can find the acronym you're looking for in.

Best of luck,

-Steve

•••
stscac said:
As you have already learned BIN = Buy It Now.

If you need to know any other acronyms, you can always search at Acronym Finder.

Its a very helpful website and you can type in a search term and they will return a multitude of different categories that you can find the acronym you're looking for in.

Best of luck,

-Steve

Thanks for the link :)

•••
•••
and what does it mean Bin which is right after cgi- ? :)

•••
Umm lemme gues... it's a hard one :)

cgi-Bin?

•••
gugush said:
and what does it mean Bin which is right after cgi- ? :)
vip-ip said:
Umm lemme gues... it's a hard one :)

cgi-Bin?
:lol:

The definition appears below:
Definition of "CGI-BIN" - http://www.jnawebservices.com/support/glossary.php said:
The most common name of a directory on a web server in which CGI programs are stored. The "bin" part of "cgi-bin" is a shorthand version of "binary", because once upon a time, most programs were refered to as "binaries". In real life, most programs found in cgi-bin directories are text files -- scripts that are executed by binaries located elsewhere on the same machine.

Hope that helps.

:D

-Steve

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back