Dynadot

domain Beyy.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sanwal

Sanwal MemonTop Member
Impact
Had quite a few offers on this domain, i got a pretty reasonable offer just a few days back, thus the need for your valuable insights.

Cheers

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's not bad. It seems to be a word on urban dictionary but not a very common one.

I don't see it selling for thousands. I'd say high XX for a reseller price and low to mid XXX for an enduser. If you got a very reasonable offer I would sell it.

•••
$0.00

This domain has no value. Take the next offer. IMHO

•••
Urban dictionary :Beyy is a word used to describe someone that a certain person likes as a freind, or something more.
Haha...You make me laugh beyy!
It not common.
But it is a LLLL.com and easy to remember.
So I guess that it range high XX to low XXX.
Good luck !

•••
I think there should be a thread on not using the Urban dictionary to value/reg names. But thats just a long standing opinion of mine. lol

Your name is sellable in my opinion xx-xxx goodluck

•••
I would take the offer and move on. While its not a bad name I think the double yy at the end kills the value.

•••
•••
I think $0 as intrinsic value

But the probability someone want it exist, good luck for that case

•••
According to Estibot, it is $740 for Beyy.com

•••
i still dont get what intrinsic value is but since it's LLLL the value can't be $0 as we all know. you can always sell it for at least $15-20

also if you come up with any meaningfull abbreviation for YY the name would start making sense like "Be Young and Yellow".. whatever :)

Last edited:
•••
Brandable, pronounceable and LLLL.com
Don't sell it for less than high $xx-low $xxx

Ignore the $0 appraisal, since you've got offers and claimed that in this thread, it is stupid to appraise the domain at $0 lol

•••
Everyone has their own opinions, and i respect all of them.
And cheers, 4pm and and erandi :)

•••
If you get an offer above $250-$350 (depending on your expectations), go for it. Otherwise i think it'd be worth hanging onto. It's not likely that a company will find this domain to be their need-to-have acronym for their company name, but it's pronouncable and catchy and potentially brandable.

I don't personally like it, but it fits the bill for some others im sure.

•••
i still dont get what intrinsic value is but since it's LLLL the value can't be $0 as we all know. you can always sell it for at least $15-20

I call intrinsic value to a value that goes
with those domains that are naturally good
options as website names. The value is based
in the potential offered for each domain

There are also many domains with low or none
intrinsic value but have value as alternative.
This value would be related to the demand, and
of course how good be as alternative

So I really didn't see any apparent advantage in using that name the reason of $0, then if you note I said the possibility of someone want it exist, although I didn't mention an amount which seemed uncertain to me but low IMO

also if you come up with any meaningfull abbreviation for YY the name would start making sense like "Be Young and Yellow".. whatever :)

But to think what the name could match doesn't mean necessarily will be picked, maybe, maybe not

---------- Post added at 03:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:49 AM ----------

Brandable, pronounceable and LLLL.com
Don't sell it for less than high $xx-low $xxx

Ignore the $0 appraisal, since you've got offers and claimed that in this thread, it is stupid to appraise the domain at $0 lol

Well I don't see it so brandable, but aside of that note that I said $0 as a value judging how good the name seem to be. Below I stated the It could sell

Last edited:
•••
I call intrinsic value to a value that goes
with those domains that are naturally good
options as website names. The value is based
in the potential offered for each domain

from what you said i can only fetch that "intrinsic value" is your subjective judgement on how good the name is for a website.

if so what differs "intrinsic value" from ol'good plain appraisal?
i wrongly thought that you used the term "intrinsic value" as a sort of objective metric for the domain. i now see it's not the case

so if you are talking of how good the name is "intrinsic value" is just another way of saying "i don't like it, i think it's worth $0"
you may see it inappropriate inattractive valueless name while others could find it highly brandable and catchy etc.. matter of taste

But to think what the name could match doesn't mean necessarily will be picked, maybe, maybe not

that could be said about any brandable name of any quality - "will be picked, maybe, maybe not"

•••
Well I don't see it so brandable, but aside of that note that I said $0 as a value judging how good the name seem to be. Below I stated the It could sell

This does not make sense. You appraise the domain at $0 value and you also say it could sell? So it could sell for $0?
Seriously, if you think "it could sell" why appraise the domain at $0? Lets "forget" the owner mentioned that he got offers.

I know the domain appraisal is made by your own point of view, but it should be based on something. Have you ever checked the current LLLL.com market?

Last edited:
•••
from what you said i can only fetch that "intrinsic value" is your subjective judgement on how good the name is for a website.

Sorry, but ask any person that don't be in the subject and tell it, hey I need your opinion, I want to make a site about recipes, so what of these names you advise me?

recipes.com
0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0.com

if so what differs "intrinsic value" from ol'good plain appraisal?
i wrongly thought that you used the term "intrinsic value" as a sort of objective metric for the domain. i now see it's not the case

Sorry, but the common sense is better IMHO. Just thousands of years of evolution

so if you are talking of how good the name is "intrinsic value" is just another way of saying "i don't like it, i think it's worth $0"
you may see it inappropriate inattractive valueless name while others could find it highly brandable and catchy etc.. matter of taste

I think there are different ways to think, tastes but intrinsic values as well

that could be said about any brandable name of any quality - "will be picked, maybe, maybe not"

Let's say any logic potential brandable, this is include, but with low probabilities IMHO

This does not make sense. You appraise the domain at $0 value and you also say it could sell? So it could sell for $0?
Seriously, if you think "it could sell" why appraise the domain at $0? Lets "forget" the owner mentioned that he got offers.

I know the domain appraisal is made by your own point of view, but it should be based on something. Have you ever checked the current LLLL.com market?

Sorry, but when I have said intrinsic value is not an appraisal, It's a guide for the owner reflects about whether is good idea to sit with the name or not, the possible marketable value is another history, all the time are sold lots of worthless domains so I considered It can sell :)

Last edited:
•••
I want to make a site about recipes, so what of these names you advise me?

recipes.com
0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0.com

seems we don't get each other's point.. did OP ask if BEYY was good for a recipes site?

Sorry, but the common sense is better IMHO. Just thousands of years of evolution

better than what? than "intrinsic value" or objective metrics?
my question was - "what differs "intrinsic value" from ol'good plain appraisal?"

do you mean that "intrinsic value" is an alias of common sense to you?

does thousand years of evolution have anything to do with intrisic value of LLLL domain?
how did you manage to translate evolution factor into your $0 appraisal?

I think there are different ways to think, tastes but intrinsic values as well

so what is intrinsic value of a brandable name after all?

Let's say any logic potential brandable, this is include, but with low probabilities IMHO

do "google" or "zynga" look more "logical" to you or they just sound better?
do they have any "intrinsic value"?

i'm asking questions because you are appraising almost every domain in this forum using "intrinsic value" magic but failing to give us any definition of what that secret technique is.. i fully understand any "i don't like it" appraisals yet i would really like to learn about domain's "intrinsic value" - the only thing i could gather is that it's smth like common sense plus thousand years of evolution melted somehow into your scientific "intrinsic value" approach..

•••
Sorry, but when I have said intrinsic value is not an appraisal,

NamePros.com > Domain Name Discussion Forums > Domain Names > Domain Appraisals
Something is wrong here.

Eric should add an other section for "Domain intrinsic vlaue" :lol:

•••
seems we don't get each other's point.. did OP ask if BEYY was good for a recipes site?

Didn't ask, but it doesn't matter by the way because I was telling that to you as an example in answer to you for saying me what I was refering with intrinsic value was a subjective view, for that reason I gave you the example that if you ask any person what I said or a similar example you will see most people will agree some domains are good for the domain game/website names and not others.

Those that are naturally good options have a value (intrinsic value) for beeing naturally good options and other that are not naturally good options have no value (intrinsic) but can have a value as alternative, a marketable value

better than what? than "intrinsic value" or objective metrics?

What I meant was throw common sense one can conclude if a domain is good or not naturally

my question was - "what differs "intrinsic value" from ol'good plain appraisal?"

Sorry, but I have been using to say intrinc value $0 as a way of saying is a bad domain. I have never said intrinsic value is $1, $2, $5, $10 etc

And the "ol'good plain appraisal" as you said, are marketable values or marketable range of values

do you mean that "intrinsic value" is an alias of common sense to you?

No, sorry, I don't mean that.

does thousand years of evolution have anything to do with intrisic value of LLLL domain?

I was applying that to say that common sense is good to note whether a domain is good option or not, and not a subjective view as you said I was having

how did you manage to translate evolution factor into your $0 appraisal?

Again, $0 intrisic means is a domain that naturally is not good option, so if you sell it will be as alternative option, buyer's mistakes, luck, a bit of all, etc

so what is intrinsic value of a brandable name after all?

Again, I haven't been applying any other number that $0 as equivalent to say is a bad domain, so brandable names would have intrinsic value if they are good options and a marketable value as well

do "google" or "zynga" look more "logical" to you or they just sound better?
do they have any "intrinsic value"?

They are naturally potential good options so they have an intrinsic value :).

i'm asking questions because you are appraising almost every domain in this forum using "intrinsic value" magic but failing to give us any definition of what that secret technique is.. i fully understand any "i don't like it" appraisals yet i would really like to learn about domain's "intrinsic value" - the only thing i could gather is that it's smth like common sense plus thousand years of evolution melted somehow into your scientific "intrinsic value" approach..

Well, I think this point has been clarified along of the thread

Sorry, but I have used the term intric value in only a few domain so far

NamePros.com > Domain Name Discussion Forums > Domain Names > Domain Appraisals
Something is wrong here.

Eric should add an other section for "Domain intrinsic vlaue" :lol:

No need, I said you to say a domain have or not intrinsic value is not an appraisal, I was using it to say $0 or no intrinsic value as to say It's a bad domain, then I used to say a possible marketable value :)

You two, have made me reflect about the use of the term, the way I used it or seemed to be used, so this debate was not in vane for me

I'll see

•••
Intrinsic value is more or less the automatic given value to one of the qualities a domain domain has, regardless of what it is used for, based simply on the fact that it IS:

It IS 4 letters, or it IS 3 chars, it IS a 5 letter dictionary word etc. It carries a certain intrinsic value based strictly on that, regardless of what those letters happen to be.

Intrinsic value is not an appraisal, but something that would be factored into an appraisal. This domain has some intrinsic value because it is a pronouncable 4 letter name. It may have value on top of that too (in this case my opinion is that it doesn't), and in appraising the domain you would take that intrinsic value into consideration.

q3j.com has no value to anybody, except the intrinsic value it has to a domainer simply due to the fact that it is a 3 char .com. In real life, it's got nothing, but you'll still find a buyer.

Although intrinsic value is not technically a complete appraisal of the domain name, it still has a place here, because it is an evaluation of the worth of the domain. If that's what the appraisers want to contribute to the thread, i'm sure the OP will welcome the input.

Shorter version: Intrinsic is the god-given value a name has that cannot be taken away, because it corresponds to letter structure, size, meaning or something other permenant aspect of the domain.

Last edited:
•••
hard to acronym this one .....$xx-$xxx range, good luck

•••
It's pronounceable but obviously one 'y' would be better than two..

I'd say low to mid $XXX

•••
Do you know what my nutty brain saw?

Be wise -Be & y's but that's just me!

•••
Oh wow, time changes fast.

Btw, an update, the offer was for 500 and i sold it for 750 in 2012. (Have a lot of free time today lol.)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back