IT.COM

Best Hosting Affiliate ?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DnEbook

DataGlasses.ComTop Member
Impact
So who do you think is the best hosting affiliate ?
~
Many thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
People always give me a hard time for starting my answers with "it depends" but that's usually the case.

It depends on how you plan on marketing. If you are going to be promoting web hosts as an affiliate, then I would say, you want to make sure you have relationships with several so you can recommend a host based on a particular need.

If you are looking for a host to handle lots of sites as an affiliate marketer, then you need to focus on who provides the best service for the type of sites you build (i.e. WordPress, Microsoft, etc.)

I have come to be less of a fan of the Endurance families of hosting companies (i.e. Bluehost, Hostgator, etc.) One of my favs is WP Engine for WordPress hosting. They are solid and provide amazing service. I've been in affiliate marketing since 1999 and one thing I know is that your host matters. Down time = a loss of money if you are doing it right. They have a solid, two tier affiliate program.

My 2nd choice would probably be Lunar Pages. Of all of the remaining hosts I use, I have had the best uptime - and support - with them.

My third choice would be Dream Host. They also have a nice two tier affiliate program and also offer managed WordPress hosting.

I hope that helps.

•••
•••
Hostgator - long history of sales not being properly credited to affiliates. I speak from personal experience. Not sure if they're still at CJ or not? But if you promote them, go through their independent program - on paper, it pays less, but the tracking is reliable.

Other than that, who's your audience?

It's pretty funny - everyone promotes hostgator, bluehost, dreamhost, lunar pages because the promised payout is big. All mediocre hosts at best*, same bulls**** "reviews" on every affiliate site. A handful of the good affiliates make a killing on it, the rest get lost in the competition.

If you're ever going to talk to your buyers again, promote a hosting company that you actually LIKE.

* Since Endurance took over Hostgator the company, especially the support, has gone down the tubes. A support person actually blew away working .htaccess files on several of my sites, creating a bunch of 404 errors in an incompetent attempt to solve a problem which turned out to be (as I suggested to them when I opened the ticket) a curl / permissions issue related to accessing a 3rd party data service. .

•••
Promote a lesser-known host that you love and use. The competition is too high when it comes to the big companies, and too many spammers spoiling it. Although the payouts can be $100+, some of the larger hosts will reject so many commissions that you might doubt they are being honest...

My views are based on (previously) being a super-affiliate for almost a decade.

•••
•••
I only promote the host company that I use for all my blogs.
They are very responsive to their tickets, usually replying within 30 minutes.
They have always taken care of any problems I might have.

Last edited:
•••
We're starting to get some questionable replies on this topic. I'm leaving the thread open, BUT if you like a particular hosting company AS AN AFFILIATE, please tell us something about your experiences with them and WHY you recommend them to other affiliates. Short, generic "I like so and so" replies aren't helpful and will probably be deleted as post-padding spam. Thanks!

•••
Hostgator.. but not through their site.. through CJ.com they pays double.

•••
Pay double "on paper", credit you half in reality. Big problems with their CJ sales not tracking. Doesn't matter what the payout is, if your sales don't track you get nada.

•••
Pay double "on paper", credit you half in reality. Big problems with their CJ sales not tracking. Doesn't matter what the payout is, if your sales don't track you get nada.

oops.. this is new for me.. I never got approval from CJ but affiliate on HG..

•••
Always check out what other affiliates are saying about companies you plan to promote. The big payout numbers sound impressive, but if sales don't track, the merchant's site doesn't convert, or a suspicious % of sales get reversed, it adds up to a big zero. ;)

•••
If I were to promote a hosting service I would try to promote something reliable aspect that imo comes before the great payouts...

•••
•••
I strongly feels that most of the hosting companies can not handle affiliate programm properly..

It is 100 times better to go with experts like CJ or share a sale.. hostgator sale gets $100 on CJ while on their own site they pay only $50..

•••
@Wassercopf - see my comment(s) about Hostgator on CJ earlier in the thread. You're always best off with a program that tracks reliably and have a lot of reversals* - going through a network doesn't guarantee that. Affiliate forums are full of reports of network programs that don't track. I have first hand experience with that particular program not tracking on CJ but tracking fine in their in-house program.**

Don't be misled by high published payout amounts - $100 * 0 = $0.

*and if you want return visitors and don't want people to hate on you, recommend good services that you would use yourself.
** I don't promote them any more because they suck

Last edited:
•••
Better to recommend someone you actually use that is reliable as then your referrals will stay and you will continue to make cash. Referring someone due to just a high payout won't last if the hosting is inferior quality. I have a few referrals rebilling for quite a while now as the customers are happy.

•••
So who do you think is the best hosting affiliate ?
~
Many thanks
I would go for hostgator or bluehost. They have reputation. And have good customer support.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back