Dynadot

guide Backlinks from Wikipedia improves domain value

NameSilo
Watch

vikas123

Established Member
Impact
i was discussing with someone regarding selling domains and came to know that backlinks from Wikipedia improves value of domain , is this true :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Not really. Wikipedia "no-follows" all external links which means they don't pass any SEM juice through links

•••
Unless Google and/or other search engines index and use Wikipedia in their secret algorithms. I would! The well advertised fact that Wikipedia's external links are "no follow", makes them a valuable resource for evaluating target websites.

SEM considerations aside, Wikipedia links generate incoming traffic like any other external links, if not better. This adds value in itself, provided that Wikipedia's referring pages are related to the target domain's "business" (or potential buyer's business, rather)

Last edited:
•••
Yes, it does improves the value but only from SEO perspective.Not for the buyer who doesn't know anything about SEO and backlinks.

•••
so if I will post some really interesting facts and descriptions on my website and then will edit some wiki articles adding the same text there with reference on my web, it could improve my LIS¿

•••
if you are selling to someone who own a "private blog network" or a seo agency it is relevant

anybody else could care less about any backlinks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back