What’s your name?
Chairul Avif
call me Avif

Where do you live?
Jakarta - Indonesia

What’s your level of expertise?
novice, intermediate, expert, etc.
Intermediate

How much experience do you have in the domain industry?
years, experience, etc.
10 years

What would you like to specifically learn first?
how to buy a domain, domain history, best selling strategies, government policies, etc.
Best selling strategies and Branding domain name specially new extention.

Are you currently working on any projects or ideas?
Currently i work with Epik. And starting a new Project with Epik in Indonesia

What are your short-term goals in the next year?
Introduce Epik and every Epik product to Indonesia.

What are your long-term goals in the next 5 years?
Make Epik Biggest Registrar in Asia :)

What was your first domain you purchased?
afif.id :)

Why did you start investing in domains? Please tell us the story.
I'm not investing a domain name.

Experienced
What domain technologies do you most want to see evolve the most?
parking, marketplaces, news, analytics, registrars, etc.
Registrars

Do you have any predictions for coming trends?
.com and other old domain will stay. New Gtld will be down one by one. CCTld will stay at Home :)

What do you enjoy most about domaining?
Policies and Branding.

Do you have any predictions for where the entire domain industry is going?
.com and other old domain will stay. New Gtld will be down one by one. CCTld will stay at Home :)

What’s your funniest domain story?
hmm.

What would you like to delegate most when you’re domaining?
parsing domains, monitoring auctions, data mining, etc.
Trends, Growth, and Issue

What significant industry changes have affected you?
Domain Industry for sure :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hello Avif and welcome to namepros! Nice intro...take plenty of time to read and gain knowledge here.

•••
We are really excited to have Avif on the team.

He is officially on vacation until November 1 but seems to work at an Epik pace. As Avif is coming from the #2 Cloud company in Indonesia and was previously a senior manager at the .ID registry, he gets it. I also anticipate Jakarta potentially emerging as an operating hub for serving much of Asia with responsive service and support, working closely with our network operations team in other time zones.

Thanks to @franka46 for scouting Avif.

•••
•••
Great to have you on NamePros @Chairul avif and really informative introduction post! So 10 years in domaining, why so long to join NamePros? :xf.grin: Anyway, glad you are here and congratulations on your position with Epik.
Bob

•••
Great to have you on NamePros @Chairul avif and really informative introduction post! So 10 years in domaining, why so long to join NamePros? :xf.grin: Anyway, glad you are here and congratulations on your position with Epik.
Bob
Hahaha.... My focus was to growth .id domain name and I don't think namepros related for that :D . But ill join with namepross facebook fan page around 3 years :D.
anyway Thanks for nice welcome Bob

•••
g'day & welcome to Namepros

Cheers
Corey

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Hello and welcome to NamePros!:)

•••
selamat datang bro avif.
and good decision @Rob Monster to pick Indonesia.

•••
Thanks Bro. Be nice to me. Big opurtinity for me to work with @Rob Monster 😊

•••
•••
•••
Hi @Chairul avif .. and welcome to NamePros! :)

.id is one of the ccTLDs that actually seems like it could have potential beyond the scope of just Indonesia (I.D. = identification .. could be used in a similar way to .me). Are .id domains only allowed to be registered by Indonesians? Or are they available to the whole world?

Also .. which is more popular there in general? .id or .com? (or something else?)

Anyhow .. looks like Epik is going to have more staff than NamePros has members soon enough .. have fun on vacation and enjoy the new challenge! :)

•••
•••
•••
Hi @Chairul avif .. and welcome to NamePros! :)

.id is one of the ccTLDs that actually seems like it could have potential beyond the scope of just Indonesia (I.D. = identification .. could be used in a similar way to .me). Are .id domains only allowed to be registered by Indonesians? Or are they available to the whole world?

Also .. which is more popular there in general? .id or .com? (or something else?)

Anyhow .. looks like Epik is going to have more staff than NamePros has members soon enough .. have fun on vacation and enjoy the new challenge! :)

YEs absolutely, .id branding is similar just like .me. .id domain name currently are available to the world and epik is working on to be accredited Registrar :)

Btw Thanks for warm welcome

•••
•••
•••
Hello @Chairul avif welcome to namepros, I'am Yudi from Bogor - Indonesia

•••
•••
Hahaha.... My focus was to growth .id domain name and I don't think namepros related for that :D . But ill join with namepross facebook fan page around 3 years :D.
anyway Thanks for nice welcome Bob

Wow then u indeed did a great job, .id growing so well here in indonesia, even surely in asia!

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back