Dynadot

question Average monthly searches is only for .com?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

kite26

Fearless BirdTop Member
Impact
This question could seem silly, but i am just thinking, the average monthly searches that shows estibot (for example) about a domain name, is related only to .com? In other words, my .net or .info names what percentage of benefit could have for that number?.com's have a kind of priority or not?Thank you.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you're talking search engine numbers than no. That just refers to the number of times the term is being searched each month. If you're looking up the domain BlueWidgets.com and it says a search volume is 1 million, that means "Blue Widgets" or "BlueWidgets" (however it's being read) is being searched that many times.

Although you don't see as many of the other TLDs out there, not as many of them are developed and established. Google doesn't really discriminate against extensions unless it's a ccTLD like DE/IN..etc. Lots of people prefer to use COM, but you can still get INFO/BIZ/NET/ORG..etc ranked as well!

•••
People don't search for Example.com they just go to Example.com by typing it into their browser.

However they do search for 'example' and this is what you are asking about. It makes no sense to search for an address you already know. They SEARCH for keyword to find that business.

When people claim x amount of 'exact search' results, its almost irrelevant. This only gives you an idea if the keyword/search is popular, does not show you how many people visited example.com(you can use google analytics to determined how many people are directly going to example.com)

•••
This question could seem silly, but i am just thinking, the average monthly searches that shows estibot (for example) about a domain name, is related only to .com? In other words, my .net or .info names what percentage of benefit could have for that number?.com's have a kind of priority or not?Thank you.

basically yes, search results are for .com

which is why the .com in that term will/may receive type-in traffic and the other extensions won't or will receive very little residual traffic, depending on the keyword/s.

however, there are terms/phrases/websites etc that became popular in another extension.

like when pokerstars.net was popular.

I had many poker .net domains which had daily visitors, but hardly any of the poker .com names received much traffic.

many don't know how to use search engine results, so they post search result numbers with various extensions to help sell that name to the unknowing.

imo....

•••
The search volumes refer to phrases, not domains.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back