Domain Empire

Available IDNs!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hi,
I've recently started looking into IDNs (Internationalised Domain Names), and have seen that many other people are starting to understand them and are registering them. Because of this, I thought it would be useful to start an available IDN topic, so people can provide others with the chance to register some nice names, before these are all gone as well.
I, for one, will try to keep this topic updated with lists of available words and letters in various languages.
My first list is one of single Greek words:

μετρητά.com - cash.com
υποθήκη.net - mortgage.net
υποθήκες.net - mortgages.net
χρονολόγηση.com - dating.com
ημερομηνίες.com - dates.com
μύγα.com - fly.com - registered
ενοίκιο.com - rental.com
πιστωτικέςκάρτες.net - creditcards.net
ευρείαζώνη.com - broadband.com
πόκερπαιχνιδιού.com - playpoker.com
πληρεξούσιο.com - proxy.com
κείμενο.com - text.com
ικανότητα.com - fitness.com
διατροφή.net - diet.net
διατροφές.com - diets.com
αναχρηματοδότηση.com - refinancing.com
διακοπές.net - holidays.net
πτώχευση.com - bankruptcy.com
δικηγόροι.net - lawyers.net
αερογραμμή.com - airline.com
κρουαζιέρες.net - cruises.net
απόθεμα.com - stock.com
αποθέματα.net - stocks.net
υπολογιστές.net - computers.net
φιλοξενία.net - hosting.net
οικοδεσπότης.com - host.com
περιοχές.com - domains.com
ονόματα.net - names.net
ταινίες.net - films.net
βίντεο.net - video.net
μεσοθηλίωμα.com - mesothelioma.com
τακτοποίηση.com - settlement.com
φάρμακα.net - drugs.net
ιατρική.net - medicine.net
απάτη.com - fraud.com
κολλέγιο.net - college.net
πανεπιστήμιο.net - university.net
σχέδιο.com - design.com
αλιεία.com - fishing.com
I've provided English translations of each word, so you can understand what they mean. I'm sorry if I haven't listed too many .net IDNs here, but of all of the ones here, if the .com is available, the .net is as well.
Just to let you know, I registered μύγα.com (fly.com) a couple of minutes ago. Thought it was a nice keyword ;)
Also, I'm sorry if this seems like the wrong place to post this, but I saw the available .tv list in the Dot TV forum, so thought it would be appropriate to place this here. If you have any objections, please don't hesitate in moving it.
Anyway, rep/NP$ would be appreciated if you register any of these names. I'll try to post another list of available letters/words either later tonight or sometime tomorrow.
Thanks for reading,
Harry Truman.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for the list, Harry. A couple of notes I'd like to add:

1) Greek domains without accent marks (μετρητα compared to μετρητά ) usually get more Ovt because they are easier to type. However, the "correct" version is with the accent marks. It is up to you to decide if you want with or without or both.

2) Please, please do your own research on any name anyone provides here. Ovt, Google results, Google trends, Ovt bids (if available), online translators, etc. Not every name is worth registering and there could be errors with anyone's translations.

3) If you have questions about what is considered "good" Ovt or Google results for a particular language please ask. There are many folks here who would be happy to help.

Good luck.

•••
Thank you for the feedback, it is greatly appreciated. I would just like to say that I am sorry if any of the translations are incorrect, I simply used the Altavista translator to translate the single words, then searched for them on Domainsite.
Thanks again,
Harry Truman.

•••
hairyfreak said:
Thank you for the feedback, it is greatly appreciated. I would just like to say that I am sorry if any of the translations are incorrect, I simply used the Altavista translator to translate the single words, then searched for them on Domainsite.
Thanks again,
Harry Truman.

Systrans do a fairly comprehensive introductory service but all mechanical translation is inherently suspect. Having said that, some of the so called experts can also be wide of the mark.

•••
hairyfreak said:
Just to let you know, I registered μύγα.com (fly.com) a couple of minutes ago. Thought it was a nice keyword ;)

HairyFreak, There are some pretty good names on your list.
However, with regards to μύγα.com (fly.com), this is actually the word for the insect, and not as in "fly to London". Hope you were aware of that ??

Anyway,

Good luck with the Greek IDNs - I have invested in quite a few myself.

Alex

•••
I'm aware of it now ;)
Thanks for pointing that out, shame I didn't realise that before.

•••

HairyFreak,

For most IDNs that I reg, I do a search on both Google and Yahoo. I check the number of results that come up, and also have a look at a few of the sites, to make sure they are similiar to the name I want to reg.

Another thing you can do is to do a search for images with the word you want to reg.

Its all trial and error really, but its worth doing that little bit extra checking with regards to IDNs, as, unless you know the language, you need to make as sure as possible that the name you want to register really means what you want it to mean. ( Did that make sense ?? )

Anyway, I have regged quite a few IDNs that I though meant something else to what they do in fact mean. Its all part of the fun !!

Good luck

Alex

•••
Very sound advice, Alex.

Google images can really help confirm the true meanings of many words.

•••
Thanks for the advice, I will definately do that in the future. I never thought about trying Google Images before either, but it is such a good idea, yet so simple ;)

•••
•••
I'll try to correct some of the translations or explain how the term is used in Greece

μετρητά.com - cash.com
υποθήκη.net - mortgage.net
υποθήκες.net - mortgages.net
χρονολόγηση.com - dating.com (As in "a series of events" or noting an object's date)
ημερομηνίες.com - dates.com (As in December 1st)
μύγα.com - fly.com - registered (You already know this one :)
ενοίκιο.com - rental.com (Actually it's the "rent")
πιστωτικέςκάρτες.net - creditcards.net (for combined forms I would get the hyphenated version as well.)
ευρείαζώνη.com - broadband.com
πόκερπαιχνιδιού.com - playpoker.com << This one is wrong. Poker is correct but παιχνιδιού is the possesive form of "game". It's like saying "games' poker"
πληρεξούσιο.com - proxy.com mostly used for "power of attorney"
κείμενο.com - text.com
ικανότητα.com - fitness.com Actually means "ability" (as in I'm "fit" to do this job)
διατροφή.net - diet.net Yes but not the "losing weight" kind.
διατροφές.com - diets.com Same as above
αναχρηματοδότηση.com - refinancing.com
διακοπές.net - holidays.net vacation(s) Very strong term
πτώχευση.com - bankruptcy.com
δικηγόροι.net - lawyers.net
αερογραμμή.com - airline.com (not in wide use) The plural is better but still a weak term: αερογραμμές
κρουαζιέρες.net - cruises.net
απόθεμα.com - stock.com (as in product stock)
αποθέματα.net - stocks.net same as above
υπολογιστές.net - computers.net Nice
φιλοξενία.net - hosting.net (As in taking someone in your home)
οικοδεσπότης.com - host.com The owner of the premises
περιοχές.com - domains.com Really means "areas, places"
ονόματα.net - names.net
ταινίες.net - films.net
βίντεο.net - video.net
μεσοθηλίωμα.com - mesothelioma.com
τακτοποίηση.com - settlement.com Mostly means "taking care of"
φάρμακα.net - drugs.net medicinal drugs
ιατρική.net - medicine.net The science
απάτη.com - fraud.com
κολλέγιο.net - college.net
πανεπιστήμιο.net - university.net
σχέδιο.com - design.com (mostly "drawing" but also used in "design")
αλιεία.com - fishing.com (Commercial fishing) "ψάρεμα" is the fishing that you and I do.

Good Luck

•••
Something seems to be going on with some of these.

Example:
ταινίες.net - films.net --> Punycode --> xn--kxadnou2bb (According to blue rider and domainsite)

Now, if you enter the punycode back into blue rider or domainsite it is returning the unicode as --> ταινίεσ.net.
It is changing the last letter ς to an σ

Essentially it is returning the same punycode for ταινίες.net and ταινίεσ.net

Same for
διακοπέσ.net --> Punycode is xn--ixahiug4ahz
διακοπές.net --> Punycode is xn--ixahiug4ahz

Whats up with that?

•••
mulligan said:
Something seems to be going on with some of these.

Example:
ταινίες.net - films.net --> Punycode --> xn--kxadnou2bb (According to blue rider and domainsite)

Now, if you enter the punycode back into blue rider or domainsite it is returning the unicode as --> ταινίεσ.net.
It is changing the last letter ς to an σ

Essentially it is returning the same punycode for ταινίες.net and ταινίεσ.net

Same for
διακοπέσ.net --> Punycode is xn--ixahiug4ahz
διακοπές.net --> Punycode is xn--ixahiug4ahz

Whats up with that?

Nothing to worry about. You get both versions once you reg one.

The "ς" is the "ending s (sigma)" in Greek. Same letter and sound as the "σ" which turns into the "ς" at the end of a word.
You will notice also that Overture gives varying results for the same word with the different s's at the end.

Both s's capital letter equivalent is "Σ"

•••
•••
yanni, thank you so much for the post. That is incredibly helpful and informative :)
I've added some rep for that, and thanks to all who have read and replies to this post.

•••
yanni said:
Nothing to worry about. You get both versions once you reg one.

The "ς" is the "ending s (sigma)" in Greek. Same letter and sound as the "σ" which turns into the "ς" at the end of a word.
You will notice also that Overture gives varying results for the same word with the different s's at the end.

Both s's capital letter equivalent is "Σ"

Correct.
To further illustrate that point: check out all three vesrions of the letter sigma; Σ.com σ.com ς.com , they are all equivalent to xn--4xa.com

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back