Dynadot

debate Are you in the "com" business?....Or

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

ThatNameGuy

Top Member
Impact
Are you in the the loan, consulting, golf, online, banking, credit, fitness, tattoo, pizza, travel, limo, restaurant, home, boat, diamond, jewelry .Business?

What I find hard to believe is the debate rages on between the "old time" dot commers, and the neuvo domainers. I've been in the domain business for less than a year, but I understand business, and the psychology of business owners far better than than domainers who have been in this industry for 20 years.

Maybe it's because I've been in the credit.business, broker.business the consulting.business, the healthcare.business, the rental.business, the realty.business the golf.business and now the domain.business that I get it:xf.wink:

Sure, about 20% of my 1,800 domains are .com's, but many of them compliment my new nTLD's wherever possible. Much to the chagrin of "old time" dot commers, new domain extensions are here to stay as long as I make it my.Business:xf.grin:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Furthermore, since all three of these domains generally involve "beer drinking", who best to develop them for, or sell them to, than Coors, Budweiser, Heineken, Corona etc.

Just out of curiosity, why have you failed to this point from selling those domains to those companies?

•••
•••
•••
•••
This platinum domain is available for purchase. If you would like to make an offer, please contact [email protected].
O_o
you have to be a donut to 'invest' in these domains. Aptly named - tongue in cheek - company name

•••
•••
•••
Wow! I'd read that, and it just proves to me the height of arrogance. This guy may be your hero, but I have just one hero that I'd put up against him any day of the week:xf.wink: I guess you can tell.....I'm

NOT IMPRESSED!!!!
Er, ok. But did you learn something about domaining?

•••
Having Linkedup with the likes of the Domain King, Rick Schwartz, Rob Monster of Epik, Mike Cyger, formerly of Domain Sherpa, Jothan Frakes, Frank Schilling of Uniregistry, the Donuts crowd, and a few others, I know now my approach and my strategy are spot on

Wow! I'd read that, and it just proves to me the height of arrogance. This guy may be your hero, but I have just one hero that I'd put up against him any day of the week:xf.wink: I guess you can tell.....I'm

NOT IMPRESSED!!!!

Whoops. I thought @Rick Schwartz was one of your linkedup's.

(Bold in first quote by me)

•••
haha, just name dropping to try and become relevant. Sad.

Last edited:
•••
Domain investors with a few years of experience will start to drop the newbie registrations and begin to acquire better quality domains. However even the best portfolios will still have many domains which sit there for years without a buyer. Developers will often register abysmal to so-so quality domains to launch a website. Domain names can be great for branding but oftentimes businesses will manage with an inferior-quality domain. Does it hurt their business? Probably but perhaps in ways they cannot measure. Will a business fail purely because they do not own the best possible domain for their market? Of course not. However most normal businesses do not own hundreds of domains. When you find yourself having to renew a hundred domains a month and needing to evaluate which ones should be dropped and still trying to acquire more domains while promoting an existing portfolio it would seem difficult to find the time to be running separate businesses. There is more money to be made by turning a domain into a successful business but most domain investors do not make that transition.

•••
There is more money to be made by turning a domain into a successful business but most domain investors do not make that transition.
But that does require a significant amount of time and effort to do it. Buying a load of decent domains, when a TLD is on sale and then putting them up for $XXX each on a few sales websites, waiting a year and dumping the "no sales" domains takes a couple hours of effort. I don;t mean just reg'ing junk, I mean putting thought into it, can likely bring you a nice profit.

Taking one domain and making it a business can take up hours every day for a long time and still does not guarantee you will make money in the end. I've been in the web design and hosting business since 1995 and know that even with a great domain, you have to put a lot into it to turn around sell it.

I think many domainers are solo operators and dont want to put that much effort into taking a domain and making a full blown business as it's overwhelming for one person to do.

•••
The way you show yourself, is like a tiny dog that has to bark to get noticed cuz he know everyone else around could get him down in just one bite.
Our vision of success is clearly different.
The way I see it, I'll think of myself as a successful person(financially) when I'm done working and others will do all the boring part for me. For now, I have only succeed in some parts, and still learning in many others.

Maybe it's because I've been in the credit.business, broker.business the consulting.business, the healthcare.business, the rental.business, the realty.business the golf.business and now the domain.business that I get it:xf.wink:

Lets face it, a guy that has to work in so many areas, and knows so much, why does he keep on changing business? What is wrong? Do failure keeps on following you? I didn't get your post, honestly.

Sorry if you feel that I was rude. I don't know you, and reading that you are successful means nothing to me, cuz I have never seen anything about you. And for all the comments I read, noone have never learn from you, or seeing any greatness on you.
But, good luck!

:xf.smile:

•••
But that does require a significant amount of time and effort to do it. Buying a load of decent domains, when a TLD is on sale and then putting them up for $XXX each on a few sales websites, waiting a year and dumping the "no sales" domains takes a couple hours of effort. I don;t mean just reg'ing junk, I mean putting thought into it, can likely bring you a nice profit.

Taking one domain and making it a business can take up hours every day for a long time and still does not guarantee you will make money in the end. I've been in the web design and hosting business since 1995 and know that even with a great domain, you have to put a lot into it to turn around sell it.

I think many domainers are solo operators and dont want to put that much effort into taking a domain and making a full blown business as it's overwhelming for one person to do.

I agree that it's almost impossible for a solo individual to turn a domain name into a successful business. I've identified two domains that I own, one a .com dealing with consumers and the auto industry, and the other a new GTLD that I own that involves the diet industry. Both of these domains and their respective business models will become online businesses of which I have zero experience. That said, I'm willing to give up 1/3 of my business for the right partner. Due to the size of both the auto industry and the diet industry, the potential is huge. Like someone said earlier, the domain name whether it be a .com or GTLD really doesn't matter. However that does pose a question, would an entrepreneur rather have a good GTLD or a bad .com? That should be a "no brainer", but who knows:xf.wink:

What I luv most about America is the opportunity we're given every day to succeed or fail. I'm guessing that's the reason so many people want to come to America, and so few people ever leave.Happy Independence Day everyone(y)

•••
I agree that it's almost impossible for a solo individual to turn a domain name into a successful business. I've identified two domains that I own, one a .com dealing with consumers and the auto industry, and the other a new GTLD that I own that involves the diet industry. Both of these domains and their respective business models will become online businesses of which I have zero experience. That said, I'm willing to give up 1/3 of my business for the right partner. Due to the size of both the auto industry and the diet industry, the potential is huge. Like someone said earlier, the domain name whether it be a .com or GTLD really doesn't matter. However that does pose a question, would an entrepreneur rather have a good GTLD or a bad .com? That should be a "no brainer", but who knows:xf.wink:

What I luv most about America is the opportunity we're given every day to succeed or fail. I'm guessing that's the reason so many people want to come to America, and so few people ever leave.Happy Independence Day everyone(y)
cool, so what sort of business do you have running on these two domains?

•••
What do you think about .co ?

•••
When I see the people posting information sipping champagne on their 150 million dollar yacht, then I am really going to listen what they have to say about the domain business! :xf.grin:

customLogo.gif

•••
what is good extension to buy for domain. .com, .org .biz .net?
buycheapfollowersinstant.org

•••
Back