discuss “Are most commenters broke?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

equity78

Top Member
TheDomains Staff
TLDInvestors.com
Impact
There has been a lot of discussion about the Uncle.com sale. Many calling it a steal, with one Namepros member commenting, "Definitely a 6 or low 7 figure domain." I do not share the sentiment that Uncle is a 7 figure domain name. But a reader emailed me and asked me a little while ago if most blog and Namepros commenters are broke? Their point was this was a public auction that many knew … [Read more...]

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
if it was such a steal why didn’t any of these domain name experts bid?

Domaining in a nutshell. :whistle:

•••
Domaining in a nutshell. :whistle:

A few people have said that, I said it's domaining discussion 101.

Braden Pollock posted he was second he stopped bidding at $65,000.

•••
I think a lot of domainers are from poorer countries so the definition of broke is relative.

Personally I think that saying all domainers (commenters) are broke could not be further from the truth.
You have the ones that truly are broke, then there is the group that has some money but is hoping for a significant payday, and lastly you have a group that is well to do and could care less if they sell a domain unless you offer them big bucks.

Personally I buy what moves me, I am willing to pay what it takes to get the domain. Within reason of course because lets face it some domainers are just so..... well, you know.... reasonable :xf.laugh::xf.laugh::xf.laugh:

Last edited:
•••
i thought that’s why have “PRO” label for? :xf.laugh:

Samer

Last edited:
•••
a reader emailed me and asked me a little while ago if most blog and Namepros commenters are broke

What is the point of this question? Reaching the bottom is one of the biggest motivators to financial success. When survival instincts and adrenaline kick in. Unless you were born with a silver spoon in your mouth or are living with your parents. Also, how would anyone know? Most people with money are careful where and how they spend it. That's quite a reach. Behave like where you want to be, not where you are.

•••
There are only a small number of domainers who can afford a $65,000 domain.

•••
Not wanting to pay 60 plus K for a single domain does not mean people are broke. Everyone has different risk tolerance especially in uncertain times. Maybe it means they are smart.

•••
Not wanting to pay 60 plus K for a single domain does not mean people are broke. Everyone has different risk tolerance especially in uncertain times. Maybe it means they are smart.

I agree, the person who asked the question was asking that of all the people that said it was an unbelievable steal. The comments in both posts on TheDomains have been quite interesting especially Braden Pollock vs Snoopy.

Last edited:
•••
I can’t think of what you would use the name for, it’s not like a product domain, or an action, or a geo.

•••
I think a lot of domainers are from poorer countries so the definition of broke is relative.

Personally I think that saying all domainers (commenters) are broke could not be further from the truth.
You have the ones that truly are broke, then there is the group that has some money but is hoping for a significant payday, and lastly you have a group that is well to do and could care less if they sell a domain unless you offer them big bucks.

Personally I buy what moves me, I am willing to pay what it takes to get the domain. Within reason of course because lets face it some domainers are just so..... well, you know.... reasonable :xf.laugh::xf.laugh::xf.laugh:

USD 10 can feed a family of 4 for a week in a poor Asian locality.

Last edited:
•••
“Are most commenters broke?" - The person who made this comment comes across as a dick - imo

And that's what it is - my opinion, just like those that gave theirs on the price of Uncle.com....

People giving their opinions on a public forum? Whatever next......

•••
So you can only know the value of something if you can afford to buy it? An absurd mentality/comment.

The houses in London are worth millions but how could I possibly know that when I only earn 45K a year?

•••
is it okay to call most people broke or poor in public these days? and even if that is true, they have a say in whatever they want & have all the right to say/do whatever they feel.

A badge on namepro doesn't mean that you can judge people.

•••
•••
I am broke but i live like a rock star.

•••
•••
Is it a trend? There are a lot of nonsense threads recently.

•••
With this mind & lifestyle, you are rich :)
I don't owe money i eat steak i party i waste money on cars and domains so i am broke.

•••
We're all only one 7-figure sale away from being a millionaire

•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
@lock Hilarious, thanks. I don't have time but couldn't stop watching until the end anyway!

•••
@lock Hilarious, thanks. I don't have time but couldn't stop watching until the end anyway!
I quickly became a fan of Uncle Roger. ( Nigel Ng ) People are down on the comedy but without people making fun of themselves each other we won't be allowed to laugh.

Last edited:
•••
•••
Back