Domain Empire

Appraisal Scam Sticky Thread

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DnEbook

DataGlasses.ComTop Member
Impact
I think perhaps the newbies section needs a sticky thread regarding the appraisal scam that seems to be happening quite regularly

Regards

Rods

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Rods,

I think that is indeed a great idea and I'll see if I can write up a posting and make it a sticky in the newbies area. I agree I have seen a huge uptick on members getting scammed with the appraisal scams. Give me a bit of time and I'll have one up in no time in that section.

Keep the ideas coming!

Blake

•••
May as well make it a List of Common Scams - obviously the Appraisal scam is up there as the most common but the GoDaddy scam is hugely common.

The "GoDaddy click here scam"
The "We want to sell you a domain we don't own scam"
The "We own the TM give us the domain scam"

•••
Sorry for the delay in response and action...I plan to write up a sticky on the appraisal scam here shortly. Also thank you for the suggestions defaultuser I will also elaborate on those as well. I'm trying to either pass along all suggestions or implement them when I can ;)

Blake A. Worthington

•••
maybe include the 'letter scam' ...... we will re-register your name for 5 years for only $145

Amazingly i get one or two of these letters a year which obviously works on 'averages' ...... send out enough of them and someone will fall for it

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back