Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

LDomV

Established Member
Impact
Hello,

I am a newbie. I'm not sure if I am posting this question in the correct area or not? Please forgive me if this is the wrong area. Anyway, I recently purchased VRSuggestions.Com. Estibot gave it a $0 dollar value, Sedo appraised it at $449. I tried to find comps on Namebio "VRSuggestions" Placement - Anywhere, Extension - Any and no results. I tried "VR" and a few names came back that might be comps?

Vrplus.Com $8,250 2016-04-19 Uniregistry

Vraudio.com $8,000 2016-08-31 Sedo

vrtech.com $5,000 USD 2015-04-17 Sedo

vrart.com $5,000 USD 2015-06-05 Sedo

vrfashion.com $5,000 USD 2016-02-18 Uniregistry

vrsales.com $4,921 USD 2015-07-16 Sedo

vrexpo.com $4,595 USD 2015-01-18 Sedo

vrmaker.com $4,383 USD 2016-05-12 GoDaddy

vrexpo.com $4,595 USD 2015-01-18 Sedo

vrtechnology.com $3,688 USD 2014-04-09 GoDaddy

I took out the "VR" and typed in "Suggestions" and the following comps came back:

suggestions.com $11,100 USD 2016-09-12 NameJet

suggestionsbox.com $3,475 USD 2011-01-20 Sedo

winesuggestions.com $525 USD 2007-01-04 SnapNames

interiordesignsuggestions.com $501 USD 2016-01-18 GoDaddy

mysuggestions.com $432 USD 2013-03-30 NameJet

These are the names that I think that are possible comps? I think that "suggestions" can mean anything (i.e. idea, thought, influence, recommendations etc).

Nevertheless, I received an offer to purchase "vrsuggestions.com" and I am unsure of what to do? I've never done this before and I am surprised to receive the email.

Here is the email:

I represent an investor who is going to buy vrsuggestions.com.
The buyer is a professional investor. Your domain will be used as a part of his online project.
I located your contact information in a domain name whois lookup and understand that you own the domain name.
Are you still interested in selling?
Are you a beginner or an experienced seller?
I help clients of our hosting company to buy and sell intellectual properties.
If you have more names I can help you to sell them.....

What price should negotiations start at if or when I am ready to sell? Am I wrong to assume that this name has a retail value between $432 - $11,000?

Thanks in advance for the help.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Yes, scam.
As for the other question, common sense and gut feeling are paramount.
The domain has to make sense and unless it's a brandable or something it should have a clear purpose.
Can you see a real business concept on that domain of yours ? Who could be the possible buyer and for what purpose ? Here are some of the questions you must ask yourself before buying anything.
Welcome to NP, and fasten your seat belt, the road is tough.

•••
Sorry dude... it looks like an appraisal scam to me.

Once you reply to him, he will reply back saying he thinks your domain is worth some ridiculously high amount and ask you to get a proper appraisal but using the link he provides you with.

•••
•••
So that email is to get me to reply back so that the person can pitch me their agenda? Now I am curious to see if a link will be sent back after I reply. If so to the trash it goes! lol

Thank you and I appreciate all of your replies.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back