NameSilo

Appraisal please - longleasedomain.com

Labeled as domain in Domain Appraisal, started by gardener, Jun 14, 2021

Replies:
Views:

1. gardener

gardener New Member

Hi,

I have just bought longleasedomain.com and longleasedomains.com. Hoping they will go up in value as with low or negative interest rates on the horizon I think that leasing in general will become more popular. Any suggestions regarding appraisal will be welcome.

Thanks!

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. jhm

jhm Glazed

"I think that leasing in general will become more popular."

I don't understand because leasing is essentially the only thing anyone does, as you cannot permanently buy a domain. The only thing you can do is pre-pay for an extended period, and people do that just fine with current registrars

That said ...what is the idea behind these domains, that isn't currently available?

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
  3. VadimK Iberica

VadimK Iberica Established Member

@jhm I think his idea is to use this name for the websites where people will be only leasing domains from each other, not buying.
    But man @gardener , that's never gonna work, simply because already now you can lease or rent 70% of any hi-priced domains, just talk to the owner.
    And the name is not that appealing (3 words), sorry to say I don't think that's likely that you will sell it...

Last edited: Jun 14, 2021
  4. noneisnone

noneisnone 444 VIP Gold Account

try to buy domains with existing end-users instead of having ideas what the domain could be developed into will save you allot of renewals :)

5. jhm

jhm Glazed

6. twiki

twiki Top Contributor VIP Gold Account

As per my experience, these domains have no value. Except to you, perhaps.

Domainer's domains are a hard sale. And sales are scarce. I had far better domains than these that expired.

Sorry but you picked up some bad apples here.

7. gardener

gardener New Member

Firstly thanks very much to all who gave their honest opinion of this domain name.
    My idea is that longleasedomains.com would be a website where people who have valuable domain names that they don’t want to sell but that they want to earn a good long term income from would list their domains. Selling gives a one off return but long leasing gives a guaranteed income which I believe will be more attractive in a low interest rate environment. Because the leases are long term they would be more attractive to people who want to develop a website with a valuable domain name but who cannot afford to buy one outright.

8. Future Sensors

Future Sensors 78% of human domainers will be replaced by robots Gold Account

Hi @gardener

The positive thing is that your domains are dotcoms, and that we as domainers on this forum understand the meaning without providing further explanation.

However, the addition of "long" makes the domains too weak. It seems like the better versions (DomainLease, LeaseDomains, etc) were not available to you, and you have been trying too hard to create a three-word name 'just' to own a domain in this niche. This is not uncommon for new domain investors, so don't worry and try to improve from here (y)

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice