NameSilo

reviews Anyone Using DomBot.ai?

SpaceshipSpaceship
Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

URL Stream

Domz.comTop Member
Impact
6,553
Has anyone here tried DomBot.ai?

I really want to like it, but I’m wondering about the security side of things and how you’d rate it overall.

Thank you in advance.

Open Source

1790348202295.png



1790348271761.png
 
3
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Would like to but not available for iphone yet
@aoxborrow
 
0
•••
Upvote 0
Would like to but not available for iphone yet
@aoxborrow

I could make a mobile app, but the self-hosted version is already pretty mobile friendly and I would recommend that anyway as it is much more flexible, since you can access it on desktop browser as well. I do have plans for a sync between instances, if you wanted just mobile and desktop.

https://demo.dombot.ai
 
3
•••
Upvote 0
@aoxborrow This seems like a good idea, and congrats on the work you've done to bring it to fruition, but I'm curious why you decided to make it a free product/open-source - I imagine the adage "if you're not paying for the product, you are the product" is on the minds of a lot of domain investors worried about the privacy of their domains. Is it a beta product/untested, or do you have plans to add pricing tiers further down the line once you've amassed a decent userbase? In the meantime, how do you intend to offset's the projects inevitable costs and make it profitable and self-sustainable? You should probably also directly answer @URL Stream 's concerns.
 
Last edited:
2
•••
Upvote 0
Also, the Domain.io link in your bio redirects to Aftermarket.com, which according to this page https://aftermarket.com/sell-domains seems to do the same thing that Dombot does minus the AI features. Is this also owned by you?
 
0
•••
Upvote 0
@aoxborrow This seems like a good idea, and congrats on the work you've done to bring it to fruition, but I'm curious why you decided to make it a free product/open-source - I imagine the adage "if you're not paying for the product, you are the product" is on the minds of a lot of domain investors worried about the privacy of their domains. Is it a beta product/untested, or do you have plans to add pricing tiers further down the line once you've amassed a decent userbase? In the meantime, how do you intend to offset's the projects inevitable costs and make it profitable and self-sustainable? You should probably also directly answer @URL Stream 's concerns.

I just knew a large portion of domainers aren't going to trust their registrar API keys with anyone, which is totally reasonable. So I wanted to make a desktop app first and see how it would go, and the only way to really get trust at all is to go open source. also I wanted to collaborate with others. wasn't really planning for this to be a money making product. maybe in the future I could add some paid data feeds or DNS/landing pages, but no immediate plans. I don't think there are really much inevitable costs other than my time. and with AI doing most of the coding, it's not really that much time.
 
3
•••
Upvote 0
Also, the Domain.io link in your bio redirects to Aftermarket.com, which according to this page https://aftermarket.com/sell-domains seems to do the same thing that Dombot does minus the AI features. Is this also owned by you?
yeah I built Domain.io and sold it to Aftermarket.com, that badge was added back then. and yes it does similar things but using registrar API is so much better and more powerful, as it syncs and pulls your actual owned domains without any importing. also you can use Dombot to configure your domains (nameservers/etc), control auto-renew, etc. so it's already a lot more powerful, just doesn't have hosted landing pages
 
3
•••
Upvote 0
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back