IT.COM

Anyone else hate animated gif avatars?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Dear NP Team,

i have feature request:

- wouldnt it make the site a bit nicer and more user friendly if you ban all that animated gif avatars like on teen forums etc..

..any supporting voices welcome :)

thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Awww, thats weird, I tried to upload a really annoying one and post, WHY?

BUT, I got:
"You may not upload animated images."

•••
BUT, I got:
"You may not upload animated images."

probably available only to business members?

dear business members,
if you are against SOPA please demonstrate this by freezing your funny avatars for the whole year 2012 :) ... my eyes almost bleeding already

•••
I like johnames pimp mobile

•••
•••
and I like my Frosty ;)

Is there one in particular that is making your eyes almost bleed?

•••
and I like my Frosty ;)

it's probably all my pointing making his eyes bleed lol:lala:

•••
Frosty needs to go...It's the epiphany or something.

I do hate yours. No offense.

htmlindex's old ant walkin avatar used to really really really annoy me especially when i already had an a late night ant problem and had real ones attracted to my LCD.

Is it business members only get them?

•••
Is it business members only get them?
I don't think so, max68 has one with a ball that bounces back & forth and hes a regular member. I think it may just have to do with size and compression of the .gif .. Not sure why, but it allows some but not others (shrugs) .. that's a question for Technical support (e.g. RJ) :)

Eric Lyon

•••
and I like my Frosty ;)

Frosty is innocent one compared to scorpionagency's :)

---------- Post added at 06:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 AM ----------

yes, its soo aggressive and unfriendly. scaring me..

•••
Wow! As a business member i can finally put a .gif avatar I always wanted! :)

•••
Wow! As a business member i can finally put a .gif avatar I always wanted! :)

Yeah but did you always want a kid throwing up? lol

•••
Yeah but did you always want a kid throwing up? lol

Huh?

It's a symbolic representation of humanity reflecting on itself and, then on it's reflection, seeing if there was still a heart of life worth saving.

The bleeding represents hope. We still have a real heart and if we kill off what we see before us as our current self then we can free ourselves from today's us and move forward with a greater and keener awareness of the beauty of the world around us. We started healed and we end healed - the circle of life.

It is beauty that will ultimately save us. We got to be strong.

Then again, maybe it's just an emo kid cutting himself and throwing up blood.

•••
It's just a symbol of duality :) And as DU greatly said - the circle of life :)

Plus this guy is looking for me as a sort of zombie, and I like all that zombie, voodoo stuff :)

P.S. Don't worry about this boy on my avatar, he didn't die. I know he became adult - because I see him now grown up on the Defaultuser's avatar (even the same t-shirt) :)

Last edited:
•••
It's just a symbol of DUality :)

It does fit the voodoo doll being poked in the stomach thingy. lol Contraz on your new gifness 2moon

•••
Huh?

It's a symbolic representation of humanity reflecting on itself and, then on it's reflection, seeing if there was still a heart of life worth saving.

The bleeding represents hope. We still have a real heart and if we kill off what we see before us as our current self then we can free ourselves from today's us and move forward with a greater and keener awareness of the beauty of the world around us. We started healed and we end healed - the circle of life.

It is beauty that will ultimately save us. We got to be strong.

Then again, maybe it's just an emo kid cutting himself and throwing up blood.

wow, now there is an observation :gl:

•••
It's just a symbol of duality :) And as DU greatly said - the circle of life :)

Plus this guy is looking for me as a sort of zombie, and I like all that zombie, voodoo stuff :)

P.S. Don't worry about this boy on my avatar, he didn't die. I know he became adult - because I see him now grown up on the Defaultuser's avatar (even the same t-shirt) :)

there are two boys there so far.. one is bleeding and will surely die soon.
the other one is defaultuser because of tshirt..
then theres duality and representation of humanity reflected on itself or whatever you call it..
zombie-voodoo stuff taking invisible part in their death dance too..

you know what?..now i hate kids. i hated them before - they make noise - but that was not active hate. you made me reconsider..

•••
Hey now that i look closer at towmoons avatar, what i thought was throwing up is really being cut by a knife in the heart and bleeding. Isnt murdering avatars banned from the forum? :O

LOL i cant figure it out, ill just believe what DU tells me like usual

•••
Well I think violent and other disgusting avatar should be banned.
I think we need some guidelines for Avatar too. ;)

•••
I like the animated avatars.. looks better than those static ones and besides.. gives me something to watch when my mind spaces out :3

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back