Dynadot

Any PayPal VIP here on NamePros? Serious trouble because of them.

NameSilo
Watch
Dear NamePros Friends,

Is there anybody here among who is from PayPal management? I see no help with communication with their support no more.

I sold product using PayPal. Anything seemed fine. Released product after money came. Perfect deal I thought.
Then, 1 week later, PayPal informed me that the buyer asked for a refund of the money. Soon official reason was "unauthorised transaction" without any explanation what this means. Money was suddenly in kind of "checking" status. I instantly informed them that its a fraud and sent them 3rd-party proof that I released the product. I also checked and recognized that the e-mail/PP-address of the buyer vanished what indicates that there is something wrong with him. They told me fine, they will check. After 2 weeks they just told me they decided for the buyer because of his bank! Moreover: they want an additional CONFLICT SOLUTION FEE from me! >:( Since I withdraw some of the money they want some 1000 USD back from me and the funds I had left are also taken :wideyed:

I am really shocked about ll this. I wrote and wrote with them but communication is poor. And now I received letter from a money collecting lawyer who wants moneys back in 21 week.

I am the one who is the victim here but it seems PP rather supports the thief and now I am facing to be sentenced in court because of my trust in this company and their promises of "secure selling" and "seller protection".
Extremly dissapointing after being client for 12 years :xf.frown:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It's a hell for sellers on PayPal. Similar things happened to too many people. They always go with the buyers in such cases. It's probably because the banks get involved and they don't want to be blacklisted by the banks.
I don't think you have any other option but to take legal options.

•••
Don’t use PayPal to sell non tangible non shippable goods period. This is a risk and many have been burned. They always side with the buyer and they will keep your account in the red until (if) you replenish the funds. Even if it had gone in your favor they can hold funds for 6 months if they want to.

•••
is it a domain that you sold? if it was, did you sell it through a marketplace, like godaddy or sedo for instance?

•••
Don’t use PayPal to sell non tangible non shippable goods period.

Even if you're just selling to someone on here? The reputation system definitely helps mitigate any nonsense.

Otherwise yeah I'd prefer cash app or the like to handle it.

•••
Dear NamePros Friends,

Is there anybody here among who is from PayPal management? I see no help with communication with their support no more.

I sold product using PayPal. Anything seemed fine. Released product after money came. Perfect deal I thought.
Then, 1 week later, PayPal informed me that the buyer asked for a refund of the money. Soon official reason was "unauthorised transaction" without any explanation what this means. Money was suddenly in kind of "checking" status. I instantly informed them that its a fraud and sent them 3rd-party proof that I released the product. I also checked and recognized that the e-mail/PP-address of the buyer vanished what indicates that there is something wrong with him. They told me fine, they will check. After 2 weeks they just told me they decided for the buyer because of his bank! Moreover: they want an additional CONFLICT SOLUTION FEE from me! >:( Since I withdraw some of the money they want some 1000 USD back from me and the funds I had left are also taken :wideyed:

I am really shocked about ll this. I wrote and wrote with them but communication is poor. And now I received letter from a money collecting lawyer who wants moneys back in 21 week.

I am the one who is the victim here but it seems PP rather supports the thief and now I am facing to be sentenced in court because of my trust in this company and their promises of "secure selling" and "seller protection".
Extremly dissapointing after being client for 12 years :xf.frown:

Yeah paypal is antiquated trash for boomers, I think I'm going to stop accepting it on my auctions. Just cash app and venmo now.

•••
Happily it was no domain. I trade domains for clients and it would be very uncomfortable situation if this happened with a client involved. It seems my philosophy towards clients is different than PP so I would stay on the costs.
It was some BTC that I sold over LocalBitcoins. I did not see reason for caution since the buyer had 99% positive rating with some 700 trades and was on the platform over 1 year.
I did not think, that PayPal can be so full of risk for sellers. I removed this option from my payment methods at the website. I think it is very high risk in case of domains as assets trade. The domain is away and buyer can reverse the payment afterwards.

Last edited:
•••
I had a success with such cases, the buyer opened similar dispute but he forgot that I have asked photo/scan of his national ID as soon I provided it to PP I won the case.
So if you want to sell with PP ask buyer his ID + selfie by holding it in his hand, this is the best way to beat such morons.
edit: maybe you can oblige him thru paypal to return what he took if they want his money back.

Last edited:
•••
Only use PP when you know and trust the buyer.
Do not trust anyone.

•••
•••
PayPal has been doing this shit for many years, no matter what you sell. I stopped working with them like 9 years ago (for my other business - travel services) and never ever regretted this decision.

Good luck!

•••
It's way how Paypal doing biz.
it's they style.
But, do not worry, they care about very very much, and they want to protect you.

hahaha... - clowns.
we all hate them.
but you can beat them, if you do something OUT-OF-THE box.

i cant post here, what to do exactly, because local nazi - will remove it.

•••
I sold a bunch of names and there was a problem with one result buyer got all money and all names.

•••
I sold a bunch of names and there was a problem with one result buyer got all money and all names.
were they private sales or through a marketplace?

•••
private was some time ago can't recall how long a decade or more was when first started communicating with domainers being a newbie target.

•••
I had a success with such cases, the buyer opened similar dispute but he forgot that I have asked photo/scan of his national ID as soon I provided it to PP I won the case.
So if you want to sell with PP ask buyer his ID + selfie by holding it in his hand, this is the best way to beat such morons.
edit: maybe you can oblige him thru paypal to return what he took if they want his money back.

Well I do not have ID card of the buyer. Just the platform where the trade happened might have it. But I provided PayPal with the invoice that proves the transaction and even with the support chat I had with LocalBitcoins. First they made me calm saying thanks, don’t worry we will check it. And then suddenly that they decided in the favor of this thief because his bank decided so. πŸ™„ It’s kind of funny explaination. And now they use lawyer and threat to escalate (=sue, legal trouble) me. Though it was them who took my money.

Last edited:
•••
Well I do not have ID card of the buyer. Just the platform where the trade happened might have it. But I provided PayPal with the invoice that proves the transaction and even with the support chat I had with LocalBitcoins. First they made me calm saying thanks, don’t worry we will check it. And then suddenly that they decided in the favor of this thief because his bank decided so. πŸ™„ It’s kind of funny explaination. And now they use lawyer and threat to escalate (=sue, legal trouble) me. Though it was them who took my money.
If you are right in this story and have proof of what you sold, then tell them to suck your *** and you should not be afraid of any threats, let this moron appear and return the BTC he took from you, only then you will pay him back.

Not sure maybe @jberryhill can give a legal advice to you on what to do further.

•••
My non-legal advice, is to only work with banks, your business/money is safest there.

Wire transfer is king.

imo

•••
Hi, have to comment on critics, as satisfied client.
PayPal, eBay and other couple giant companies are pioneers that shaped and enabled development of modern e-commerce worldwide in spite of all national/local banking conservatism at time.
Now, in recent years they PP. extended their withdraw services for clients to bank account in many countries enabling transferring services comparable to swift locally, at low cost and that benefits for businesses and consumer society also.
They are changing Policy frequently, as are changing e-commerce and regulations, and also advancing the transparency over usual commercial services where i've never found in terms of service or contract anything straight in defining B2C as this:
PayPal is not a bank and does not itself take deposits. You will not receive any interest or other return on the funds held with PayPal. PayPal combines your PayPal funds with the PayPal funds of other PayPal users and invests those funds in liquid investments in accordance with state money transmitter laws. PayPal owns the interest or other earnings on these investments. However, the claim against PayPal represented by your PayPal funds is not secured by these investments and you do not have any ownership interest (either legal or beneficial) in these investments. These pooled amounts are held apart from PayPal’s corporate funds, and PayPal will neither use these funds for its operating expenses or any other corporate purposes nor will it voluntarily make these funds available to its creditors in the event of bankruptcy.

Last edited:
•••
For intangible or digital goods, proof of shipment or delivery means compelling evidence to show the item was delivered or the purchase order was fulfilled. Compelling evidence could include a system of record showing the date the item was sent and that it was either:
– Electronically sent to the recipient, including the recipient’s address (email, IP, etc.), where applicable; or
– Received or accessed by the recipient.

Last edited:
•••
I think it is high risked to change bitcoins via private sellers who using Paypal.

Are there really no qualified Lawyers capable of giving commentary?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back