IT.COM

Another scam

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Hurry up guys, let’s gather some money for this one, 4 bids already!!

bargains.com

At least he has the decency to post the real name (bargaíns.com) at the bottom of the page :hehe:

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
lol yeah he meant to deceive people, but technically he did nothing wrong as he posted the correct information.

•••
I don't quite buy that technicality angle... either way, he was being dishonest.

domain.addict said:
lol yeah he meant to deceive people, but technically he did nothing wrong as he posted the correct information.

•••
well looks like there is 4 bids already on it
i hope someone caught it

•••
domain.addict said:

Technically maybe, but its not enough for me.
You can make a mistake posting a name, a misspelling, but is obvious that this case in bad faith.
I feel sorry for the bidders.

•••
I just realized Jake is just an hour or two from me... we're practically neighbors.

And that's the second time (at least) that he's listed Barga!ns.com (tm).. I just checked his completed auctions.

He got 200$ + for won.cc.. shame, because I think it was worth more.

•••
won.cc

sure wasnt w0n or -won ?:D

•••
Here's part of his comments on won.cc:

"Origin: This domain was purchased in December of 2004 for an un-disclosed amount.

Value: This domain has an appraised value of $1,900,000 USD. We have already been offered amounts between $20000 & $25000 for the domain but wanted to give the worldwide bidding power of eBay a chance at the domain first. This is the only time this domain will be offered on eBay, so don't miss out, bid on won.cc now! Check the value yourself at http://www.houseof3d.com/objective_domain_appraisals/ "

I love the appraised value..

boldylicious said:
won.cc

sure wasnt w0n or -won ?:D

•••
lol tried flower.cc. Appraised at 240k. Not bad I'd say -_-

•••
LOL This is by far the most ridicule appraisal I ever seen
Who is his right mind will sell a 2M name for 200 bucks? you need to be very naive or stupid to believe such thing.

"....but wanted to give the worldwide bidding power of eBay a chance at the domain first."

Thanks Jake very generous of you :D

•••
Well, from the appraised value to what he accepted, he took quite a drop there! lol

I think it was worth quite a bit more than $200, even as a .cc.

domain.addict said:
lol tried flower.cc. Appraised at 240k. Not bad I'd say -_-

•••
Yeah. Jake has such a big heart, selling a name that can make him set for life, for a tiny $200. More domain sellers should take an example from Jake -_-

•••
dgridley said:
Value: This domain has an appraised value of $1,900,000 USD. We have already been offered amounts between $20000 & $25000 for the domain

Lies lies lies...

-Allan

•••
I think he would have snapped those offers up in a heartbeat.. more likely he's talking about GD's appraisal valuation, if anything.

IAmAllanShore said:
Lies lies lies...

-Allan

•••
dgridley said:
I think he would have snapped those offers up in a heartbeat.. more likely he's talking about GD's appraisal valuation, if anything.

A $ 20000 offer ,but you start with a 0.99c minimum bid ?
Boy , that is a long way to go

•••
I would have at least started with the reg fee! lol

boldylicious said:
A $ 20000 offer ,but you start with a 0.99c minimum bid ?
Boy , that is a long way to go

•••
May be it's for real?

I just heard good news. FBI will start investigation on these scammers!

•••
HI

After testing this auto system with a few very good names and giving it a very close to $0 value for the domain name I think any real automated appraisal system is just crap.... Nothing I have seen that is automated can give you a real value of a domain name.

Thanks
Tom Dahne

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back