IT.COM

An honest question?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
An honest question? Why do most domains sell so cheaply on namepros? Either all the junk gets sold here, or domainers don't want to pay. Hard to see anyone making a living if domaining here. What do you think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There nothing that says a domainer has to make a living at domaining. Plus many members are developers and are only interested in domains to have a supply for future development. Practically no one looks only to forum sales for their domain profits. But yes people do seek deals on here, so better have top quality to get more than the typical low xx trade price

•••
All the sharks swim at NP lol. Folks want a deal and most members here are looking to flip. Most domains bought here are for development or the vault. Either way it's going to cost the buyer additional money so finding deals are a must!

•••
Valid points all.

I look at domains for sale here daily.
Just in case.
I even bid on some.
But they have to be domains that I can flip fast with a small profit yet cost me as low as possible, domains I can throw up a blog on and develop onwards for again selling in the immediate future.

Now I have found, to sell domains to make a little money on, that no not here.

•••
I tend to pick up domains from the forum that are going for cheap but I personally see massive develop potential in - bar the occasional large purchase I make.

One mans trash is another mans treasure.

:wave:

•••
I pick up cheap domains here :)

I also let go some of the domains that I'm no longer interested in developing or selling. I always start them out at FREE or $1 and let them go cheaply so someone else can get a good deal, too.

Namepros is more of a "wholesale" or "reseller" market than an "enduser" market, so domains will always go cheaper here than they would elsewhere IMHO

•••
NamePros is not where you find end users to sell domains. NamePros is sort of an "insider" club where all domainers share in domains for a fair price. If you want to make money reselling domains, NamePros is probably not your target audience but it could be a great place to get deals on domains.

•••
This is not 1999 any longer. You also must remember that with the thousands of new tlds being released within the next few years dot coms might lose traction to tlds like .web .inc and .click. I for one am waiting to see how the new tlds would play out so I m not buying anything any more.

•••
Forums are the place to buy domains from flippers who sell lots of domains at low margins and then resell to end users. Forums shouldn't even be considered if looking for max return unless it is a specific niche forum targeted to the type of domain you have for sale.

•••
•••
Normally, Domain Forums are places to buy, not to sell.
Domainers all want astronomic ROI (i.e. buy for 20 dollars, sell for 500), so they are looking for real deals. "safe" deals where they know, they can resell for that price again on the same forum, if they don't find endusers.

Or if you look at the LLLL market, thats the reseller LLLL market, mostly between 10 to 15 dollars for most LLLLs. Nothing surprising.

I see new members coming up with some names they registered 1 month ago, wanting to sell them for 1000$ in a domainer forum. Sorry, but wrong place.try endusers if your names are not crap.

•••
Maybe they just sell for what they are worth ? :blink:

That means they are junk domains? B-)
I rarely have seen $xxx sale, I know some of them are going private but still there are not that much as were a few years ago :)

•••
I have bought xxx and xxxx on here! Quite a number of auctions have ended up xxx on here! NP is more of a reseller market rather than an enduser one! Great place to buy cheap!

•••
Why the fish is cheaper on a fish market?
The same is with domains :)

•••
It's a resellers market here and any other domain forum.

•••
Just a note - I rarely buy on the forums with hopes to resell to an end user.

I'm sure I'm like everyone else in that I pursue all of the end user leads I can find before I list a domain name for sale on a forum.

That being said, if I see a domain with development potential for sale here, I wouldn't hesitate to buy it.

•••
Inspecting the sales thread here, most transactions are done on "trust with fingers crossed". No escrow.

If there are no safety measures involved, you'll probably want to limit to cheapos sales so you won't cry a river if someone walks away with your domain or money.

•••
For domains with higher prices than xxx, i see a lot of threads here where people mention Escrow Services.

So nothing unusual.

---

Its not that i always try all the endusers first and if no one wants the domain, i list it here.
Sometimes i have never ever actively promoted a name and list it here.
Its also a question of time. You can't do that with all your domains, if you have another job.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back