Domain Empire

domain als.org

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DLG12345

Impact
I'm trying to pin down the correct value of this domain for transfer between a chapter of the ALS Association which currently owns it, and the national umbrella organization which wants it and is currently using alsa.org.

Valuations I see are all over the place, and I don't see many .orgs changing hands when I look at sale lists, and three letter domains don't seem to change hands very often to begin with.

Can anyone help me fix a reasonable number on the value?

Thanks in advance.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Even outside the medical usage, ALS are very strong letters with almost endless potential end users.
Additionally, the .ORG fit is amazing for the medical use.

When you factor in the quality and extension I would value it well into 5 figures personally.

Brad

•••
a chapter of the ALS Association which currently owns it,

Hi

so, do you own it or are you negotiator for this proposed transfer?

imo...

•••
I agree with the 5 figure range - 15k-25k would be ideal.

But it looks like a functional website already - so are you trying to acquire it or what?

•••
I agree with the 5 figure range - 15k-25k would be ideal.

But it looks like a functional website already - so are you trying to acquire it or what?

It's just an alias for als-ny.org at the moment, which is the main site for the NY chapter. I personally would have set up a redirect instead, but it wasn't in my hands. The national org is at alsa.org right now.

We're trying to transfer it from NY->national and value it fairly so both sides get reasonably equal value in the transaction.

•••

In domaining it often comes down to how much the party selling is willing to part with it... and how much the buying party values it.

If it was an open auction on Flippa or one of the other domain auction sites, I'd expect the open market would pay between $5,000 and $20,000, which is quite a range.

A fair figure and likely the best "true" value that can be had without an actual auction, in my opinion... would be $10,000... I feel it would be safe if you used that as the figure.

It would be a different case if als.org was ranking on page one of Google... at the number 1 slot, for example, it would be worth around half a million dollars!

(Rosener Valuation: $505,157.40=823,000*$1.55*12*0.33/10)

Feel free to message me to discuss domains or getting rankings... it's a passion, and I love to help people achieve their online goals.

Hope I've provided some value.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back