IT.COM

domain ALAAP [com]

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Hey everyone!

I am holding this domain for the last few years and I am just curious right now about its worth. It is a premium domain name because alaap is a generic word in India especially in field of indian music.

Also, other extensions like .net, .org, .us is taken and alaap . org is an active website. I am also trying to run an active site though.

So what's your thought?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hold onto it a bit longer.
India's music culture is really taking off right now, the Youtube channel T-Series just became the most subscribed to Youtube channel with over 180million subscribers, which is crazy because only about 50% of Indians have internet, yet the access is growing.

Might be good for an Indian knock off of Voice.com haha

•••
Alap (also known as "alaap") - An improvised, unaccompanied prelude to an Indian raga normally lacking rhythmic pulse and meter that is either played or sung vocally. The practice of beginning musical pieces with a seemingly free-form introduction that becomes a metered ensemble performance is common to India in the alap of a raga in classical Hindustani music (Google source)

Alap - High thousands (upwards)

Alaap - High hundreds / low thousands (to the right buyer)

(In my opinion)

Last edited:
•••
Alap (also known as "alaap") - An improvised, unaccompanied prelude to an Indian raga normally lacking rhythmic pulse and meter that is either played or sung vocally. The practice of beginning musical pieces with a seemingly free-form introduction that becomes a metered ensemble performance is common to India in the alap of a raga in classical Hindustani music (Google source)

Alap - High thousands / 5 figure territory

Alaap - High hundreds / low thousands
But Alaap is the correct spelling instead of alap. 🙂

•••
alaap.png

I even typed in "alaap meaning" in Google to begin with ...still came up as "alap" with noun being "alaap"

But yeah, good luck with it

•••
Show attachment 194495

I even typed in "alaap meaning" in Google to begin with ...still came up as "alap" with noun being "alaap"

But yeah, good luck with it

I can assure you, 'Alaap' is the correct spelling and that is the way it is pronounced as an Indian.
'Alap' on the other hand is a four letter word which could have the same value as you said maybe even higher.

Honestly, for me, Alaap.com for me doesn't work much because its done in classical music and honestly, classical music in India is dying rapidly.
But I still think there is Potential.

Good luck :)

Last edited:
•••
@Yodruids Learn something new every day. Nonetheless, hope the domain has some success

•••
I can assure you, 'Alaap' is the correct spelling and that is the way it is pronounced as an Indian.
'Alap' on the other hand is a four letter word which could have the same value as you said maybe even higher.

Honestly, for me, Alaap.com for me doesn't work much because its done in classical music and honestly, classical music in India is dying rapidly.
But I still think there is Potential.

Good luck :)
Agreed on the spelling but alaap is not related to Indian classical music only. It's related to every kind of music including Bollywood. Indian classical music is the root of every music so it can't die. It has its own audience. ICM is listened to not only in India but in the whole world and due to the advent of the internet and social media, it's getting more popular cause it's not just music, it is having a deep relationship with spiritualism.

Have more to say but can't right now :D

Last edited:
•••
just checked that alaap dot in is also an active website.
Going to hold it for longer guys!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back