IT.COM

AdSense is weird

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
very odd sometimes.

On my "What's New" page.. which is currently virtually nill with content... it has ads for golf clubs...

I HAVE A VIDEO WEBSITE! lol

**Note to Google, please lay off the weed**

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Something must be wrong then...

•••
•••
The problem is what you mentioned, that the page is 'virtually nill with content'.

What Adsense does when there's little content to go by is make a guess. It will see what kind of results it gets with the keywords it shows, and if it doesn't get clicks it tries some other terms. If someone on your site clicks an ad for golf clubs, Adsense is going to notice this and show even more ads for golf clubs.

•••
ok..so please, no one try to help out with golf club clicks :D

*wonders if google has a thing about telling people NOT to click lol*

•••
Originally posted by -RJ-
The problem is what you mentioned, that the page is 'virtually nill with content'.

What Adsense does when there's little content to go by is make a guess. It will see what kind of results it gets with the keywords it shows, and if it doesn't get clicks it tries some other terms. If someone on your site clicks an ad for golf clubs, Adsense is going to notice this and show even more ads for golf clubs.

How is it possible to change this and improve your ads to your audience? Take a look at the bottom of my hockey oriented forum and you'll see why I am asking. www.TheHockeyLounge.com

I get public service ads :(

•••
Originally posted by AndrewZ
How is it possible to change this and improve your ads to your audience? Take a look at the bottom of my hockey oriented forum and you'll see why I am asking. www.TheHockeyLounge.com

I get public service ads :(

I'm seeing table hockey ads on your site.

But Public Service ads are a completely different issue than poorly ads targeted. You do not get paid for clicks on public service ads. Those are only displayed before Google has had a chance to analyze the page content OR when it analyzes it and finds objectionable content.

•••
Hmm... Would you know why I would be seeing public service ads? I noticed on their FAQ that you dont get paid for them, but it still tracks them I believe.

Thanks for the help so far!

•••
A screeny taken about 2 minutes ago, for referance.

•••
Hmm... Would you know why I would be seeing public service ads? I noticed on their FAQ that you dont get paid for them, but it still tracks them I believe.

I'm not sure why it would show them to me and not you. Maybe it's tired of seeing your IP address. :)

I'm seeing NHL Tickets ads now on there. Seems to be working fine.

•••
Well, whatever. As long as its working for everyone else.

Thanks for the help Ron.

•••
90% of the time it's the charity ads on my site...

•••
•••
I figured out something realllly weird.

www.TheHockeyLounge.com will give hockey links.

www.TheHokeyLounge.com/index.php will give public service ads.

Pretty wierd. Anyone ever notice anything like this?

Yea, I had a site that did the same thing and it eventually corrected itsself.

(hey now THIS thread is showing golf club ads at the bottom of the page!)

•••
hehe... my link has infected you :P

•••
Hey LeeRyder, i just got adsense too, i get a whole range of ads on my site too, but unless i cut my profits, i cant choose what to display..

•••
Once the traffic to your site picks up, then they will change and be higher in value, trust me ;) www.anythingtalk.com our ads there used to be like "Save an elephant!", now they are like 90% computer related. They have message board, computer mods, computer gaming, and all kinds of ads like that. So just let them kick in a little, and ad some keywords to your site D-:

•••
well im pretty good at getting what typer of ads I want on the site now. my content being what it is allows for extra space on a page... and I just use that for articles I find on the net to fill in the space and essentially choose my own keywords.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back