IT.COM

AdSense closes account for no reason

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Is this common practice for google?
I had my account for about 4 months. I was getting average clicks,nothing major. Then they close my account and tell me I was clicking on my own links and that I was faking clicks. They would not respond to my numerous support emails. Has anyone had this problem with them? If so, what happened in the end?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I am having a very similar problem with google. They shut down my account a couple of days ago and are refusing to provide any evidence of fraudulent clicks. I have sent several e-mail to them asking them to and have recieved no response. I can vouch that I have not clicked the ad myself, nor used a bot to generate clicks. I asked them to provide a click IP log and they have not responded. I also asked them to let me know when I can be expecting my checks which total more than 230 bucks and have not recieved any checks or responses. I really think google tries to pull off some illegal business practices to customers who have the potential to earn too much.

In response to a lot of your comments, if google really wanted to excel in cutomer relations wouldn't it make tons more sense for them to ad an IP banning feature to adsense? Like in some of your posts you asked what would happen if someone tried to sabotage your site and the answer is google would shut down your adsense even though you as the publisher did nothing wrong and physically CANT prevent this since they dont allow the ad to be put behind password protected sites. If they really cared, they would simply say "multiple clicks that appear to be fraudulent are coming from this IP so all clicks from this IP will not count towards your total."

Last edited:
•••
xstewiegriffinx said:
I also asked them to let me know when I can be expecting my checks which total more than 230 bucks and have not recieved any checks or responses. I really think google tries to pull off some illegal business practices to customers who have the potential to earn too much...

So, it is your opinion that $230 puts you in the "I might be earning too much" category?

•••
if thats one day..I'd say maybe!

•••
<mod edit - armstrong> It quite clearly says "that have the potential to earn too much money" not ones that ARE earning too much. My site has consistantly earned more and more money each month, and the fact we're jumping up at such a high rate would mean that if we kept up even half the growth we have, by december my site would be earning around 600 dollars a month or more from adsense.

GO GO GUNG HO GOOGLE SUPPORT!

Last edited:
•••
xstewiegriffinx said:
and the fact we're jumping up at such a high rate would mean that if we kept up even half the growth we have, by december my site would be earning around 600 dollars a month or more from adsense.

So, it is your opinion that $600 puts you in the "I might be earning too much" category?

•••
www.AmCy.org said:
So, it is your opinion that $600 puts you in the "I might be earning too much" category?

B-) B-) B-)

-Allan

•••
I'm not sure how much is 'too much'. A friend of mine makes about 3k to 5k a month, and he's been consistently getting the same traffic/payment for some months now. He owns several websites, all with high traffic and quality content, so I guess there may be other variables involved in the discussed cases. I have no complaints about g. adsense program, I'm more than happy with results.

•••
xstewiegriffinx said:
GO GO GUNG HO GOOGLE SUPPORT!

So, xstewiegriffinx, you add a negative to my forum reputation just because I asked you a simple question? Your comment:

"attacking comments that are unprovoked"

You'll have to show me when and where I attacked you. I just asked a simple question! Wow. I don't think that you should participate in the forum if you are going to be unreasonably sensitive to questions posed by other members.

AmCy

•••
it wasnt a question, it was an attack much like your second one. You have to take me and everyone else here for stupid if you think its not completely obvious. Look at how allan responded and it was obviously apparent to him as well.

•••
xstewiegriffinx said:
it wasnt a question, it was an attack much like your second one. You have to take me and everyone else here for stupid if you think its not completely obvious. Look at how allan responded and it was obviously apparent to him as well.

It's a shame that you feel that way because it was just a question.

No matter. I left a nice shiny nugget for you in your reputation as well. Thanks for doing business.

AmCy

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back