Domain Empire

A customers review of byethost.com

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

klavixs

Account Closed
Impact
A customers review of byethost.com

This hosting company im ver pleased with. they have a free hosting account which i used. it came with mysql php lot of bandwidth and space with no restrictions on anything (filesize for example) and a very easy to use control panel. well i made a site on there service that i must have programmed poorly becuase it caased high server loads which ultimatly they had no chioce but to close my account. when i saw my site down and access to my control panel lost. i submitted a support ticket to see what has happened. the following is the support ticket. one thing you should notice is the times and dates of response's. please note some information has been replaced for example my ip adress i replaced with {{my ip address}} .anything with {{ }} around it is where items where replaced.

here it is::

Subject : my control panel (vista) doesnt let me loggin and all my sites are down and they redirect to http://php0h.com/blog/
SUBMITED BY: {{my ip adress}}
my control panel (vista) doesnt let me loggin and all my sites are down and they redirect to http://php0h.com/blog/ My original domain (subdomain) is {{my sub domain}} i also use a domain on the account one being my most important and as of this last few weeks my most profitable (till everything went down) {{my domain}} all this redirects to http://php0h.com/blog/ i also cant login to the vista panel {{vista panel url}} username: {{my username}} when i try to login i get this message \" byethost.com panel We are unable to log you in with the information you provided. Please check your username and password and try again z \" i\'ve watched my email (that i signed up with) vigariously for some notice of why this is happening but nothing. for reference that email is {{my email}} i also tried using ftp ( i use it often with this account) i get a \"wrong login\" error message when trying. (yes i double checked the login info) Another possiblity i considered is i was banned but i see no reason for me being banned but if so i beg a pardon as im just an ethusiastic web design looking to make it in this world. If there is any more information i can provide to assist you in fixing the problem or identifing it (if its a tech prob) then im 100% willing to help.(im just trying to pay the bills.) Or if there any other information you require then let me know. I thank you for your assistence and time. Attentively awaiting your response,
.:klavixs:.

User/Staff Follow-ups

byethost.com
September 16, 2007, 10:29 am
hi there this is on record for the account {{my username}} {{misc information about the server}}. it was closed due to your site loading the server. solution might be a premium paid account for a greater traffic limit. regards daniel.

klavixs
September 17, 2007, 12:55 am
i would like to know if i could at least have control panel access so i can make a complete backup of my website. i beg this of you becuase i\'ve put a lot of work into my sites. and i have little backed up.i ask for access to the control panel so i make a \"website backup\" under the backup icon and backup my mysql db\'s. that is all i ask for this access for at least a week. i will most likely backup asap and i will add a comment that i have a backup. this does not mean im leaving your host ive made a good profit with one of my sites. im just worried about losing the data. if im given this access i will most likely pay for premium. as i see great value in this host for serveral reasons. one your great list of servers and second for the amazingly fast support. I ask this with great desperation as my data means alot to me.
.:klavixs:. PS. PLEAASEEE!!

klavixs
September 17, 2007, 12:57 am
also another possible solution if acess is un acceptable. is to make the backups for me in a zip file and provide a direct download link. please ive put alot of work into these sites.

byethost.com
September 17, 2007, 2:36 pm
Hi there, We have backed up your websites. Each websites\'s document root folder contains a sql dump of the respective database. backup download : {{url link to my backup}} Best regards

klavixs
September 18, 2007, 1:05 am
Thank you guys so much. i am honestly surprised and very pleased by your service. i\'ve never come across a hosting company with such speedy support response and one that is caring enough to NOT delete the data of an account closed.i\'ve had other hosting accounts where for whatever reason an account would get closed and all the data would be deleted. with no regard for the customer. i\'ve literaly suffered this many times before and i was really worried this time. cause a lot of work was put into these with no backup\'s (my stupidity of course). I am very happy with your service and in less then a month i will be purchasing a lot of hosting. and i will purchase it from you guys cause your service surpasses what i\'ve seen in the past. I am truely thankful for your guy\'s dedication. Keep up the good work! In best regards and much apreciation, .:klavixs:. PS. i\'m am apart of a lot of web developer and domain community\'s like \"namepros.com\" and i\'m going to submit this entire support thing to these community\'s in a review of your webhost ( minus the sesitive data like the link you gave). and tell them all how pleased i am by your service. I hope this brings you guys many happy new customers as you guy deserve them. Good Luck.

this is the support ticket in original form minus the sesitive data like emails etc.

notice that the response's to my questions where in less then a day the first response to my support ticket after submiting it was 20 minutes later.

i believe this to be a wonderful host and they deserve at least a look at by those here. they have both free and premium account types.

there url is
http://byethost.com

i am in no way affilaited with this company and this is my honest review of this company.

Hope this help
.:klavixs:.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good review. This will surely help others while choosing this host.

•••
Good one. I think that if you oalce it on wht it helps many other people to.

•••
Sounds to me like they closed your site for no reason so you'd pay for it.

There's no such thing as overloading the server due to bad code.

•••

I wish that were true but it's not. There's a myriad of "bad code" decisions that can be made which result in excessive MySQL connections, excessive Apache usage, and the list goes on.

•••
SQL connections without the close statement can be closed automatically with a script that the host runs, I think.

•••
BrandonG said:
Sounds to me like they closed your site for no reason so you'd pay for it.

It is very possible to overload a server with a bad php script. Even very possible to take a server offline with bad php codings.

•••
I strongly dislike Byet. I've had many bad experiences with them. I have had my site hacked before on their servers, and they told me repeatedly that in order to recover the backup, it would cost more than I could afford, and they urged me to upgrade to a paid plan.

Also, when I got a domain with them, they held it hostage for 30 bucks.

They sacrifice way too much through the pursuit of profit maximization.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back