IT.COM

3 letters?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
What is the wholesale value of these 3 letter domains, the lowest prices witht he crappy letters.

3 letters .biz
3 letters .net
3 letters .info
3 letters .us
3 letters .com

I just want to assess how each is going to get some in the extention that I feel will get the best return!

Thanks
Raymond

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Good Point 1rrr1, after this period it will be interesting to see what happens .us has No ELEQUA like .info and ,biz Someone who will buy up and hold even the bad letters for the english market. .us limited compared to .info and .biz too a z in .us Not good but a common letter used in a lot of German Words when I have done GOOGLE searches for three letter .infos or .biz. US companies Have to come around to .us and that will raise the price for lll.us IMO. Until then price will stay lowest out of the 6 exts we are discussing here. IMO

•••
Yes, .us has the lowest value unfortunately, and that is the extention which I am holding the majority in....

•••
If you really would pay $1000+ for any meaningless crummy-lettered three-letter .com... then you should no problem finding hundreds, or possibly thousands of them at that price if you were to start emailing some of the current owners with your offer.

•••
I disagree that .us is the lowest. Again though, if we are talking about junk letters, then maybe so. But for really good letters, acronyms (and 3 letter words), I think .us is just as valuable (and in some cases, more valuable) than .biz and .info domains. Of course, it depends on your target audience, and mine is America.

I should also point out that I don't deal with 'random' 3 letter domains. I stick to well known acronyms, abbreviations and words. I passed the stage of being fascinated by 3 letters a long time ago. Just being 3 'random' letters means nothing to me now. It has to have a specific meaning to spark my interest. Nothing is for sure however, and it all depends on the market you target. Most people I deal with don't like .biz, and are barely lukewarm towards .info, but I see others who really seem to like .biz, and some who claim .info is the greatest thing since sliced bread. So whatever works for you, do it.

The bottom line for me personally.... I don't care what 'random' 3 letter domains sell for, because I don't deal with them anymore. I know that strong 3 letter acronyms, abbreviations and words in the .US extension hold great value, and that value will only increase. :)

Another thing, and it's true even with .com - 'random' 3 letter domains are often passed around from domainer to domainer, with each thinking that it's a status symbol or something. Many of those names have changed hands dozens of times between resellers. One of the biggest markets for 'random' 3 letter domains is other domainers / resellers. Take whatever meaning you want from that. It's true. :]

Last edited:
•••
RJ I think people with junk letters don't sell for $1,000 But Zesty would know he is the man when it comes to LLL. Certainly those on this forum want more than that for their junk letter lll.com

DB I agree we were talking junk letters .us Great letters are very good you are right. IMO

•••
what about
2 letter and char .org
2 letter and char .net?

Thanks

•••
From my experience, I bought a 3-letter .org at ebay auction for only $30. :tu:

I resold it, although after many tries and specials, to get an offer for $60. Considering the letters were not popular (z, p and w), it was a good fair deal, IMO.

As for 3-LLL .com's, I've seen some for high $xxx, which is also reasonable for unpopular letter combos.

I think zesty has the other figures pretty acurrate, I agree with them :)

•••
PolurNET said:
From my experience, I bought a 3-letter .org at ebay auction for only $30. :tu:
Congrats on that. There are sometimes so good deals at ebay.

•••
Thanks! Actually it was advertised by an NPer, and I didn't believe it when I saw it. It was the first thing I ever bought on ebay, and will probably be one of the only things (I don't like ebay auctions too much) :p

•••
I have to agree with -db- here on three letter .us. I own a few but the key is THEY HAVE MEANING or stand for something. Again .us would be worth much more to companies who's target audience is in America. Anyway I still believe that .us will become more popular in the future and 3 letter .us domains will be worth much more.

•••
PolurNET said:
Thanks! Actually it was advertised by an NPer, and I didn't believe it when I saw it. It was the first thing I ever bought on ebay, and will probably be one of the only things (I don't like ebay auctions too much) :p

Hi Polur,
That was me, I was the seller. I sold many "bad letter" LLL.orgs on eBay last year, started most of them at $0.99 with no reserve. You snagged a bargain at $30. The others sold for $48 to $199, much to my satisfaction. I've been buying and selling on eBay for over 5 years and I still say it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Thanks again for the buy, and congrats on the resale!

•••
PolurNET said:
ebay is ok, just sometimes transactions go sour.

•••
I found some people saling 3 letter.us at a very low price ,almost reg fee.But all of these names have 2 or 3 bad letters,and the seller don't want to renew and hold these names.I am sure after 1 or 2 month,these names will dropped and these names will be regged at once.

Rencently,I sold a few 3 letter.info at the price high $xx which have one bad letter ,I am sure the value of 3 letter.info will not less than to catch it at POOL.($60)

For 3 letter .biz,the end user of .biz name are companys,and you will find,every .biz name which will dropped have been backordered at Godaddy,and the fees for backorder is $18.95,I don't think some one will sell it at $20,maybe $25 is fair for those at least have one bad letter.

For 3 letter.net,I remember,one year ago,we can buy a name with one bad letter at $150,but now......no one sell 3 letter.net at this price.But,I don't like .net,big company will buy .com and small company will buy .biz,who will buy .net for their business?

For 3 letter.com,Some months ago,some people sell some junk letter .coms at $700-$850,but now,no one sell it below $1000.

.ORG,I like .org name,but I believe those 3 letter .org which don't have any meaning or have 2 or 3 bad letters are not usefully for end user.They only usefully for domain resellers.Price will not below $60

Bean

•••
bizbj said:
For 3 letter .biz,the end user of .biz name are companys,and you will find,every .biz name which will dropped have been backordered at Godaddy,and the fees for backorder is $18.95,I don't think some one will sell it at $20,maybe $25 is fair for those at least have one bad letter.
I don't really agree. I have seen quite a few $20 sales. I have actually gotten 4 for under $13 each in the past week

Raymond

•••
Bad letters are in the eye of the beholder. .us domains are a little more limited due to the English language. the gTLD's being useful in many languages make them somewhatmore likely to be useful. some non-english languages use x, z, y, more commonly, where these are very limited in English. I generally don't mind a single Q, since it can stand for quality, quantity, question, query, quick, Quest, etc. Add a second one or an X and you make it difficult to find or even make up a useful acronym. One exception to the X is using it for Roman numerals, which I've picked up and sold several. I still have XII.info (roman 12), XIV.info (14), XVI.info (16), XXV.info (25), LXX.info (70) that all contain the dreaded X.

•••
AdoptableDomains said:
Bad letters are in the eye of the beholder. .us domains are a little more limited due to the English language. the gTLD's being useful in many languages make them somewhatmore likely to be useful. some non-english languages use x, z, y, more commonly, where these are very limited in English. I generally don't mind a single Q, since it can stand for quality, quantity, question, query, quick, Quest, etc. Add a second one or an X and you make it difficult to find or even make up a useful acronym. One exception to the X is using it for Roman numerals, which I've picked up and sold several. I still have XII.info (roman 12), XIV.info (14), XVI.info (16), XXV.info (25), LXX.info (70) that all contain the dreaded X.
Good observation. I haven't realise that till now.

•••
I would personally rather have a 3 letter .us right now than a 3 letter .biz. .biz might be a little higher than .us at the moment (Depending on who you ask and what averages you accept), .us has a lot larger future potential.
3 letters that are pronouncable together or stand for something are always (IMHO) worth reg'ing if the extension is under $20 a year. (No .md's yet, still too expensive)
-Allan

•••
IAmAllanShore said:
3 letters that are pronouncable together or stand for something are always (IMHO) worth reg'ing if the extension is under $20 a year. (No .md's yet, still too expensive)
-Allan
hope so. I got around 5 3 letter .co.in...

•••
Hey, ecalc, a pleasure to see you again.

Indeed, it was an amazing deal, glad I was one of the few who noticed it and actually won! :D

PS: I'll keep an eye on your LLL auctions for sure, maybe another cool one will come up!

ecalc said:
PolurNET said:

Hi Polur,
That was me, I was the seller. I sold many "bad letter" LLL.orgs on eBay last year, started most of them at $0.99 with no reserve. You snagged a bargain at $30. The others sold for $48 to $199, much to my satisfaction. I've been buying and selling on eBay for over 5 years and I still say it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Thanks again for the buy, and congrats on the resale!

•••
hey Polur, you have competition!

•••
as we become more knowlegable about domains im sure our competitors in this domain world will be our close friends.

•••
ppc.us Great name Harpo IMO

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back