Dynadot

.us 3 letter .us

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Are they worth renewing? How much are they worth now, one with no meaning?

Thanks
Raymond

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
1rrr1 said:
Are they worth renewing? How much are they worth now, one with no meaning?

Why don't you list the names here so it is easier to answer?

A name like xzq.us may be worth giving up for a Big Mac.

•••
i have around 50 3 letter .us, so it will make the thread too long.

•••
I would renew...even if it's poor letters. I can almost assure you your domain name, if dropped, would get snapped by someone at Godaddy. The better question might be what will a 3-letter .us be worth a year from now (since you'd be renewing for a year)?

Sure, some folks who regged big groups of names last June (during the buyout of the 3-letter .us names) are selling out many of their names at ~ reg fee now, as they've already made their money by selling some of their names at above reg-fee prices during the last year. But, once this bulk selling is through (which I think will be soon) and the names are in the hands of investors, I think the prices will grow. It'll become a supply and demand marketplace...and the supply is fixed, but I think demand will only grow.

No one would fault you for selling out cheap now, but I'd give serious consideration to biting the bullet and renewing...I don't think you'd regret it.

:) Andrew

•••
zestydomains*com said:
I would renew...even if it's poor letters. I can almost assure you your domain name, if dropped, would get snapped by someone at Godaddy. The better question might be what will a 3-letter .us be worth a year from now (since you'd be renewing for a year)?

Sure, some folks who regged big groups of names last June (during the buyout of the 3-letter .us names) are selling out many of their names at ~ reg fee now, as they've already made their money by selling some of their names at above reg-fee prices during the last year. But, once this bulk selling is through (which I think will be soon) and the names are in the hands of investors, I think the prices will grow. It'll become a supply and demand marketplace...and the supply is fixed, but I think demand will only grow.

No one would fault you for selling out cheap now, but I'd give serious consideration to biting the bullet and renewing...I don't think you'd regret it.

:) Andrew
Thanks, and it makes sense. I better do it since reigsterfly has that $5 transfer going on.

•••
I agree.. three letters can only get scarcer.. eventually .us will supplant .net and the prices will rise...

•••
dgridley said:
eventually .us will supplant .net and the prices will rise...

I agree, ley. And similarly .BIZ will supplant .COM as the preferred extension for B2Bs :)

•••
dgridley said:
I agree.. three letters can only get scarcer.. eventually .us will supplant .net and the prices will rise...
i don't believe they will supplant, but the prices should rise, by using simple economic theories...

•••
1rrr1 said:
but the prices should rise, by using simple economic theories...

Actually, .COM prices have fallen dramatically since 1998. The funny money is gone.

•••
2 or 3 letters is almost always a good idea, IMHO.
Mostly because it's a nice way for firms/companies/incs to shorten their name, and it will catch on sooner or later.
-Allan

•••
Great topic 1rrr1 I have been wondering this too, I agree with you DG the major question is will US companies who will not pay $10,000 to $100,000 for a three letter .com pay $1,000 to $2500 for .US instead? I own 20

Mole I finally got some three letter .biz bgb bfb sks ven Good Google results a lot of companies using those initials. Good OVT for a couple sks SAKS fith Avenue Symbol 16,000 ovt what do you think of these names?

•••
equity78 said:
I finally got some three letter .biz bgb bfb sks ven

3 letters are always good for businesses, ty - especially those that could not get the .COM. You may have to do some homework to locate businesses that use the initials you have, then contact them with a polite email saying that you noticed their name was so and so, and you were wondering if they may be interested in their initials for a reasonable price.

See;

http://www.usi.com

http://www.usi.biz :gn:

Last edited:
•••
equity78 said:
Great topic 1rrr1 I have been wondering this too, I agree with you DG the major question is will US companies who will not pay $10,000 to $100,000 for a three letter .com pay $1,000 to $2500 for .US instead? I own 20
Hey thanks for that. 3 letter .biz is better than 3 letter .us. Good luck.

•••
1rrr1 said:
3 letter .biz is better than 3 letter .us
I have to respectfully disagree (in general), and just to add my friendly mouthful. :)

To make a long story short: I think it depends on what audience you are targeting, what audience your potential buyers are in, and even your own potential development plans.

•••
Thanks Mole and 1rrr1, I don't know which is better I have never really seen a three letter .us sell for $$$$ like .info. info is my favorite after .com obviously, but only own 1 .com,7 .info,20.us, 4 .biz, 1 .tv.

Zesty your Portfolio kicks major booty Great Names.

•••
-db- said:
1rrr1 said:
3 letter .biz is better than 3 letter .us
I have to respectfully disagree (in general), and just to add my friendly mouthful. :)

To make a long story short: I think it depends on what audience you are targeting, what audience your potential buyers are in, and even your own potential development plans.
I guess that is true, but the wholesale value of 3 letter .biz is rising faster than 3 letter .us

•••
1rrr1 said:
I guess that is true, but the wholesale value of 3 letter .biz is rising faster than 3 letter .us
Diversify your 3 letter portfolio and in the end it really doesn't matter.

•••
eSology said:
1rrr1 said:
Diversify your 3 letter portfolio and in the end it really doesn't matter.
yes, how much do you think 3 letter .biz domains are worth wholesale right now? I want to pick some up.

Thanks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back