NameSilo

3 letter domain

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I'm picking up my first 3 letter .com next week for around 1600 off of a former company I think the letters are good better than like XDL and I can think of about 4 really good abreviations for the domain, but when I type them in on a search it seem only German companies come up. I was wondering whether this will be a good investment or not, and appreciate any feedback. I cannot give the 3 chars at this time, as most understand.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
If you pick up a good LLL.com I think it will do well for you. You can also think about trying to sell to the German companies after you do your homework. Get someone at NP fluent in German to help construct a sales letter.

•••
•••
how much will the domain's value appreciate in 3 years?

how long can you wait for roi? return on investment

are you looking to purchase for a "quick flip"?

do you plan on developing?

what else could you purchase with "$1600.00", versus one "3 letter.com"?

a. maybe 3 or 4, good "3 letter or 3 number .net's"
b. several 3 letter or 3 number .org's
c. a traffic/revenue domain

when you have answered these questions........ :)

•••
Bargain

My simple answer to you is buy it $1600 is peanuts!!!!Think of QXL.com
meaningless crap....but memorable shot and brandable. I promise ya it is a bargain at $1600 only 17,576 available YOU CAN'T LOSE!!! PM me if you dont wanna buy it because I will buy it instead.

•••
i would stick with .com investments in 3 letter domains.. that pretty reasonable depending on what the 3 are

•••
Hello DomainSlayer (and all),

For what it's worth, I don't know many folks who have ever lost money when investing in 3-letter domains...so much so that as a class, 3-letter domains in .com, .net, .org, .info and .biz are among the most "safe" domain investments out there, and tend to have exceptional year-to-year % returns.

3-Letter domains are indeed rare, short, memorable and highly desireable and $1600 is a relatively low price to pay for decent letters. In the last month I've personally walked away from several higher offers than that amount on some of my lesser quality 3-letter .coms.

I hope this helps!
:) zesty

•••
DomainSlayer,
Althought depending on letters, $1,600 might be a bargain, I doubt that it's agood price to grab a random 3-letter .com for. Assuming that people sell them for $1,800 right now, I don't think it's a very wise investment. Consider your options with the $1,600:

- 3-4 developed sites (perhaps, forums?);
- a good hosting company or two (merge them together, make money, and at 1.6k it'll pay off in as little as 8-12 months);
- put them in a bank at 5% -- not so good.

So, if you want to double your money in 26-7 years, go for it; Otherwise, I don't think that 1.6k is good for a domain name, even a 3-letter .com

•••
and VIP your experience with LLL.coms is ?

•••
equity78 said:
and VIP your experience with LLL.coms is ?
Was going to buy one for $1.2k thought it was a bargain, didn't turn out to be one :/

•••
Go for it :imho:

They are rare and the internet is getting more and more popular world wide day by day.

These will only increase in value and get harder and harder to obtain.

Good luck and keep us up-dated :xf.love:

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back