Dynadot

2 letter .orgs...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DSL

Established Member
Impact
I heard if they expire they can't be registered again. I was however wondering can you renew them? Or do they have to expire? :-/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would think you would be able to renew them... Not too sure though.

•••
I think you are able to renew them as well!

•••
Re: 2 letter .orgs...

Originally posted by DSL
I heard if they expire they can't be registered again. I was however wondering can you renew them? Or do they have to expire? :-/

Yes, you cannot register 2 char .org domain name. This was immediately implemented by Pir.org since they got the transition to manage the .org domain name.

Though you still be able to renew your existing 2 char .org domain name.

Regards,
TW

•••
Originally posted by TheWatcher
Yes, you cannot register 2 char .org domain name. This was immediately implemented by Pir.org since they got the transition to manage the .org domain name.

Though you still be able to renew your existing 2 char .org domain name.

Regards,
TW

Bingo!
Nice post, 'Watcher. :tu:
Incidentally, those "existing" two-letter/character .ORG's have risen in value due, in part, to this new Pir.org "restriction/rule", as well IMHO.
B-)

•••
Right, you can still renew them and sell them. Every month though these 2 character .orgs have expired and dropped into the pool of name that cannot be re-registered.

Good investment opportunity if you can get your hands on them.

•••
How much would 2 letter org sell for about?

•••
Originally posted by wicked_gal00
How much would 2 letter org sell for about?

Currently between $600 to $800 each at reseller prices. I recently bought mine (XG, XH, and QE) for $650 each.

I expect prices to continue rising as other owners (unintentionally) allow theirs to expire.

•••
Righto ... I've seen $650 - $750+ in a "Quick Sale" (wholesale), and know they can even range up to $1,250 - $1750+ for viable Asking prices at this level (depending on lettering combos). Those were/are excellent investments (above), IMHO. I recently purchased a two CHARACTER .ORG for $250 (general "range" here is approx. $250 - $450+) that I'm now marketing around to potential End user's :$: .
Have a great domain Sunday.

•••
I may get a 2 character .org soon

•••
•••
Originally posted by DSL
I may get a 2 character .org soon

I purchased one here recently on the site, "5B.org". :)

•••
Yeah how much was that one?

•••
•••
Thats alot for a 2 chracter .org

•••
Originally posted by DSL
Thats alot for a 2 chracter .org

Perfect price, for me!
Thanks.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back