IT.COM

1st round Draft

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
Ok, who got 1st round nfl draft pick domain names? I got a handful.
:) Hopefully players will settle for buying rather than turn over to the board. We'll see.

Dok

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hey I hadn't even though of getting first round pick names. What percentage of first rounders end up being star players in the NFL? Any idea?

•••
RJ

Not certain. I based my judgement on the hopes that the majority of the new draftees would follow the course of previous players and go for the dot.coms. I plan to resell fairly quickly though. Figure I can make a decent buck off a few of the ones I got. However, I do have 4 that I have no plans of letting go anytime soon. Gonna hold out and see what happens. Would you happen to know what Lebron James gave for his name?? I heard that the deal was made but no idea what owner got for his investment.

Dok

•••
Nope, I don't know what James paid. What kind of price would you hold out for? I can see the logic in buying them. If you sold one for $500 that would cover the registration fees for the other 72 names. Anything above that is profit.

•••
Well, not sure. Never know what the name may be worth to the player. I have a couple I would let go immediately for $100 each, but would be worth alot more to someone who wishes to capitalize off search engines etc. For example, tim mcgrady (orlando magic) does not own timmcgrady.com although that name is searched on average of 30k month. His official site is t-mac.com. Noone types t-mac into a search engine though. So I'm banking on the fact that these players will want the names. I don't plan to hold out for long. Any reasonable offers would suffice. In fact, think I may list a couple on the "for Sale" board right here on namepros. By-the-way, would you happen to know the percentage of how many names are lost due to owner's FORGETTING to re-reg??? Just curious to know if that ever happens. Surely it does happen?? And then cost the original owner a ton to get back??

Dok

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back