Domain Empire

1and1.co.uk

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
I registered one .us domain with them.

Took quite a long time the application to be verified, otherwise they're ok (till now, at least).

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I have had no major problems with them so far but compared to other UK registrars, they pale into insignificance. Their prices may be cheap, but customer support and (more importantly) knowledge of what they are actually supposed to be supporting is shockingly low.

I'd pay £2 - £4 more and have my domain elsewhere personally.

•••
Never used their support. I find they are very slow, but theyre cheap, so what do you expect :P

•••
they were ok (I had hosting with them), until I wanted to switch to someone else.

then they were terrible :(

•••
I recently registered one .com domain with them, just to try. It took ca 20 hours until the registartion was done so I belive they do it manually.
Unless my memory fails, I think there was a message like "registration is now performed" right after the credit card payment. Well I´m not sure... anyhow... the order registered in their system maybe, but not the domain.

But they are cheap and the terrible problems I have read that others have had mostly deal with hosting so to have domains there will have to be only domains that are forwarded, ie no domains with forums.
I don´t know about their push support.

I found this page about transfering from 1and1;
http://www.123-reg.co.uk/1and1.shtml

•••
i've had nothing but bad service with them, there customer service is rude, they shouted at me lol, they deleted (detagged) my .co.uk domain(s ) my sites were down for like a month and i had to pay nominet 10.00 + vat to transfer my domains to another register, i would avoid 1and1 and stick with 123-reg.com or private .co.uk tag holders

•••
1and1 is simple and cheap. I've never had any issues with them either.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back