HotDomainSales

Established Member
Impact
Please appraise the value of this NNNN.

Relevant Related Sales:
  • 1996.eu 1,022 USD 2011-06 Sedo
  • 1967.com 2,201 USD 2012-10 4.CN
  • 1998.com 9,305 USD 2012-10 4.CN
Chinese relevance: 1996 was the year of 鼠 shǔ (It ranks first on the Chinese zodiac signs. It has characteristics of an animal with spirit, wit, alertness, delicacy, flexibility and vitality).

• Since 1999
  • Taken in 104 extensions worldwide (including all major gTLD/ccTLD)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Nice UK domain , I would say Mid XXXX maybe more for the right end user, I suggest you look for a UK domaining forum

Good luck :)

Last edited:
•••
Nice UK domain , I would say Mid XXXX maybe more for the right end user, I suggest you look for a UK domaining forum

Good luck :)

Very misguided advice. Right now this domain has very little value above reg fee. There are tons of NNNN's available in .co.uk, a lot of 19NN.co.uk dropped today including this one. If this domain name had any value it would've been picked up by one of the many UK dropcatchers and you wouldn't have a chance of registering it at GoDaddy, the fact it wasn't picked up by UK registrars/registrants with years and years of experience speaks volumes.

1996.uk is still available to register if you want it. (If you reside in the UK or have a service address in the UK).

Good luck!

Edit: This has not been registered since 1999, it's been since today, 10th Dec.

Last edited:
•••
Very misguided advice. Right now this domain has very little value above reg fee. There are tons of NNNN's available in .co.uk, a lot of 19NN.co.uk dropped today including this one. If this domain name had any value it would've been picked up by one of the many UK dropcatchers and you wouldn't have a chance of registering it at GoDaddy, the fact it wasn't picked up by UK registrars/registrants with years and years of experience speaks volumes.

1996.uk is still available to register if you want it.

Good luck!

Hello,

Some right some wrong, after modifying the wrong part, i'll totally agree.

Just co.uk owners are able to register the .uk extension of the same domain name.

Thanks.

•••
Hello,

Some right some wrong, after modifying the wrong part, i'll totally agree.

Just co.uk owners are able to register the .uk extension of the same domain name.

Thanks.

Good spot. I edited with (If you reside in the UK). :D

•••
Good spot. I edited with (If you reside in the UK). :D

But, residing in UK is not an obligation for registering co.uk domain names : )

•••
But, residing in UK is not an obligation for registering co.uk domain names : )

I put it next to the .uk part! To clarify, to register .uk domains one must be a UK resident OR where the registrant is overseas an address for service in the UK will be required.

There you go lol. :D

•••

1996.uk is still available to register if you want it. (If you reside in the UK or have a service address in the UK).

Good luck!

Hi Dave,

Considering that .co.uk is a very popular ccTLD and that the NNNN combination is a popular one (not to mention that it is also the birth year of millions of people worldwide as well as in the UK) I believe your valuation is incorrect, considering 1996.eu sold for $x,xxx in 2011 which was well before the boom in sales and value of CHIP Number domains.

Along with that, the combination of 1996 is registered in every single gTLD, and over 100+ TLD worldwide.

Another flaw in your post is that the domain was in fact picked up by a UK registrant (me). Along with 1990.co.uk by another UK Sole Trader today.

Also for your information the .uk extension of any registered .co.uk is available exclusively to the respective owners until 2019 due to Nominet regulations.

Before today, the domain was registered by a UK investment firm Giant Games Ltd for 16 years along with the other 19NN's that dropped today (since 1999).

Thanks.

•••
(Accidental double post)

Last edited:
•••
Hi Dave,

Considering that .co.uk is a very popular ccTLD and that the NNNN combination is a popular one (not to mention that it is also the birth year of millions of people worldwide as well as in the UK) I believe your valuation is incorrect, considering 1996.eu sold for $x,xxx in 2011 which was well before the boom in sales and value of CHIP Number domains.

Along with that, the combination of 1996 is registered in every single gTLD, and over 100+ TLD worldwide.

Another flaw in your post is that the domain was in fact picked up by a UK registrant (me). Along with 1990.co.uk by another UK Sole Trader today.

Also for your information the .uk extension of any registered .co.uk is available exclusively to the respective owners until 2019 due to Nominet regulations.

Before today, the domain was registered by a UK investment firm Giant Games Ltd for 16 years along with the other 19NN's that dropped today (since 1999).

Thanks.

That's entirely up to you. I have more than enough experience in .UK domains, and I am telling you that at present this domain is not worth much at all. Then again stranger things have happened.

I suggest you ask for an appraisal over at http://AcornDomains.co.uk/ if you don't agree with me. I wish you good luck!

Dave

Last edited:
•••
Nice domain but as Dave said, if it had any worth it would have been snapped up by a private or public catcher. Actually, it probably wouldn't have been dropped in the first place. Also, to sell, it's better to have the .uk equivalent but someone else has now snapped that up.

•••
2000.co.uk sold for around $250 in 2008
That is the only aftermarket sale I could find.
I agree with reg fee.

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back