IT.COM

$1 per day from miniwebsites

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
I've got a few unused domains. I'm thinking about building minisites on them. Let's say I wanted to get at least $1 per day per domain.

My approx. estimations (I didn't play with Adsense for a long time so I might be off):

- $0.25 per click (let's not be too optimistic) so I will need at least 4 per/day
- with CTR 5% that would be 80 visitors x 30 = 2400 v. per month
- I won't be at the first position probably, lets say 5% of people who search for that keyword will end up on my website =
1 keyword with 48000 searches per month
10 keywords with 4800 searches
100 keywords with... you get the idea

What do you think?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
"Joe/Jill" domainer is on a much quicker google trigger then the Demand Media and Ehow's of the net, which probably has reps communicating with google.

•••
I kept a few of them because they are great domains, changed hosts, bought who.is privacy, dumped the minsite and changed it into WP with an unique template for each (have a program to build nice looking templates fast), have uploaded 5 more unique articles on average and STILL after 2 months or so they are not making their way back into the index.

I have had pretty good luck with asking Google for reinclusion when I have bought deindexed domains. In some cases with well less than 5 articles and no links at all. I'm thinking that you would do better to move the domains to a new account with an alternate identity, and then apply.

On the other hand, for sites I have had deindexed (that use a particular platform), no amount of original articles or backlinks seems to help. I haven't added as many as 20, granted, but sometimes I get the feeling with Google that it's more personal than they let on.

I can't see how a common theme would hurt you either way. Think of how many people use the Wordpress default, for example.

•••
do you think they'll accept re-inclusions in bulk? :blink:

the reason I made unique templates (with logo/banner and all) is to help with the manual review I was expecting for these sites.

•••
Hey Toni, one of mine was penalized and I can't figure out why, really....except maybe for a few link exchanges from legit sites. ( less than 7) It has 100% unique content, 15+ pages and was doing REALLY well. In fact, if you search, using one of the primary keyword phrases now, you'll get some TERRIBLE results in the top 5 on page one.....whereas my site was spot on target for the term with useful content. That's crazy. There are sites that show up now with totally irrelevant content for the same search. Makes no sense to me whatsoever. I'm still there, @ #1 on one key word search, but not the rest of them.

•••
OldFrog as far as I know G. doesn't like Link Exchanges, and if they were common link exchanges it's really easy to detect, but also 3 way exchanges are not hidden, it's fairly easy to detect a network...

You are talking about a Noomle site, right?

Not sure what to tell you, but don't put all your focus one site only and 1 backlinking strategy, and especially after panda I don't know what really still works - probably quality only plus a hint of Social and Quality one way backlinks. You should compare your site to the other sites in your niches that rank better and then ask yourself: "Do they offer better value to the visitor or not?"

•••
Yes, it was an "N" site. (food). It occurred on May 12th. That's when the organic traffic dropped like a rock...after that date.

What I was trying to say, was that....if you typed in the search "XYZ". My site was # 1, and for good reason. The content for the "XYZ" search is on target, informative and 100% unique.

Now, when you search "XYZ"...the top 5 sites that show up are NOT informative, have old, sparse and out of date information ( some from 2004) and arent really telling you much about "XYZ".

Whatever change they made to the search does NOT enhance the user whatsoever. It only forces him to use another search engine, or change the search terms, in this case. As for myself, I use dogpile now, which searches 3 engines.

•••
Try to focus on getting a couple 1 way quality links to your site and maybe add a facebook fanpage, bookmark your site etc, have a look if your site might seem like MFA and change if needed - ranking in the food niche (I assume recipes) isn't too tough, you should be back up soon if you invest a little time...

•••
Well now, it seems that they tweaked it a bit more...and my site is back up on top. ( yay!) I didnt do much to the site since then, either. Maybe they were just trying to show us who's boss?

•••
I Suggest , you try work more on sorting out the keyword and atlast i suggest you all the best.

•••
I've got a few unused domains. I'm thinking about building minisites on them. Let's say I wanted to get at least $1 per day per domain.

My approx. estimations (I didn't play with Adsense for a long time so I might be off):

- $0.25 per click (let's not be too optimistic) so I will need at least 4 per/day
- with CTR 5% that would be 80 visitors x 30 = 2400 v. per month
- I won't be at the first position probably, lets say 5% of people who search for that keyword will end up on my website =
1 keyword with 48000 searches per month
10 keywords with 4800 searches
100 keywords with... you get the idea

What do you think?

Quite a lot of work ... for only 1$ per day!
Plus it's does not seem like: I'm going to write about a hobby ( so I'll get pleasure from that ) and also aiming fro 1$ per day.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back