Dynadot

£1.99 - .com Domain name registration

NameSilo
Watch

karjren

Established Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
This old link still works, I'm amazed!

•••
•••
•••
•••
Yes i chkd. But transfer out costs £10.
So of no use to me.

I thought this carry on was against ICANN rules? Perhaps I'm mistaken?

•••
Not working for outside England.

•••
I thought this carry on was against ICANN rules? Perhaps I'm mistaken?

If I understand correctly ICANN does allow a transfer-out fee. I would be ok with this if registrars with transfer-out fees (and particularly companies like Netsol, which doesn't normally have a transfer fee but sometimes runs offers for ultra-cheap domains with such a fee) are forced to display this prominently at several key places, so that people can easily know what they are getting themselves into and can be reminded thereafter... However as far as I know this is not the case. Also I'm currently having to explore registrars I've never used for cheap transfers. So it would be helpful to have a list of companies with transfer-out fees.

•••
•••
Also they take a business day to manually verify the domain name once ordered.

I registered my 2nd domain with them but they took more than 10 hours to manually verify the order and during that period, the domain name already got registered at some other registrar.

It's fine if they want to verify for 1st domain name registration, but which registrar manually verifies 2nd domain registration when account and 1st domain gets activated successfully??

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back