Dynadot

0NNN.net

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

vip-ip

Account Closed
Impact
I wonder if you would you be interested in such service?..
For $10 a month you will have access to a valuable service provided by me. Every day, twice a day, I will be checking a list of all domains from 0000.net thru 1000.net and the results of my check will be posted automatically :)
Theoretically, that's 1000 names; 1000 / 365 = 2.73, that means on average 2 or 3 domains should be shown AVAILABLE for registration. However, many domainers renew their names, so some days might show none available for a couple of days in a row. But once a name comes up unregistered, it'll be your chance to grab it. I will only sell this service to 3 people, so the site will be only for them. If one cancels his subscription it will be available for another user to use. That way, you have a big chance of getting a domain name which resells for around $25-$40, because such names are very valuable. Not only do you have a chance to do so, but you actually have many names show up unregistered in a month. So, if you register, for example, 6 of them every month and sell for $25 each that's $150, minus $10 for service. Extra cash here!

What do you think? Would a service like that be valuable to you?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
i wouldn't mind a service like that....

•••
that would be a good deal but what if they all dont sell or you dont get 25 for them.

•••
ITs called a risk business ;)

•••
•••
I knows its risk businnes...^i wish it was free

•••
vip - If you are (Or are going to be) offering such a service, this should probably be moved to advertising.

If this is more of a "hypothetical", as in would anyone want the service, please go back and make the post sound a little less sales-manish :) . If this doesn't make sense, just let me know :gl:

Thanks man, I appreciate it :)

-Allan

•••
Allan,
Thanks. I might, so I thought this would be a great forum to discuss if anyone likes an idea for a service like that.
If I ever start it, I'll post a thread in the advertising thread.

Thanks for all replies, but wouldyou actually pay $10/mo?
By the way, here's a good proof that many are available:
http://namepros.com/showthread.php?p=653848

•••
Time for the obvious question, VIP :)

And don't feel badly, because I get asked this a lot in the Expired Domain forum.

But...

If it's that easy to reg and resell 4 # .net's that you're finding, why don't you do it?

As well, with 1,000's of other domainers pouring over the same lists, won't the competition keep your clients from being the first on the spot?

And won't the best 4 # .net's be grabbed by pool or snapnames or similar anyway?

All legitimate questions, and things to consider before going forward :)

I do wish you the best of luck, and am interested to hear how you would handle them :gl:

(One suggestion, charge a subscription to RECEIVE 4 #.net's, and you be the one to reg them... (Some guarantee of performance, maybe?))

Ok, best of luck,
-Allan :gl:

•••
Good questions :)
Good ones indeed, why wouldn't I register em all myself?
Well, when I have quite a few subscriptions for $10 or maybe more, that'll be the same as selling 2-3 of .NETs. So, instead of being a greedy sob, I'll share my list with others :)
As for pool and enom backordering them... well, for some reason people don't backorder names like that. Maybe they have better things to do like backorder cars.com and wish that they drop. I myself own 2 0NNN .nets, I sold one today in Live Auction.

I was just asking if anyone would be interested in this. Some of my revenue could come from ads on the page offering the list.

Also, I wouldn't say that thousands of domainers pour over the same list over and over... the only bad scenario I can imagine is if my service becomes way too popular and 0NNN.net's loose their value as mid $xx names.... but that's not gonna happen really fast, so me and my clients can make some money ;)

I hope I answered your questions. The project is only a theory so far. The service could include much more than that. If I have any ideas I'll post them here.

•••
i might do it for 7/mo but thats it...

•••
I like the "more service" idea. Perhaps expanding even to all 5#.com's that are zipcodes?

Or even all 4# avails in the major extensions? (.us, .net, .org, .info, .biz , etc.)

Good possibilities Bobby, but you're right, it does need some development :)

Best of luck to you,
Allan :gl:

•••
Or even all 4# avails in the major extensions? (.us, .net, .org, .info, .biz , etc.) is definitely not an option unless I get a dedicated server with 50+ subscriptors and TBs of bandwidth :)) lol that's a whole lot of bandwidth, twice a day.... But I like the zipcode idea!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back