Yahoo domains @ 2.99

Spacemail by SpaceshipSpacemail by Spaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
Watch

namenut

Top Member
Impact
357
I just bought a couple of names @ Yahoo business for $2.99

I didn't see any other threads.

namenut
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Yes there are many threads about this (Yahoo @ $2.99)

And if you have read them, you can tell people here at NamePros are not quite fan of Yahoo :)
 
0
•••
Thanks for sharing, but I would never register with yahoo.
 
0
•••
Please note that yahoo domains for 2.99 are back they were offering that before but now they are again offering it till end of this month only for only 2.99 $ per month.
 
0
•••
What do u mean by push yahoo domain , are u planning of pushing them off some cliff ?
 
0
•••
um... alwhs.... do you know what your talking about? pushing means transfer to another person.
 
0
•••
killaklown said:
um... alwhs.... do you know what your talking about? pushing means transfer to another person.


Umm no i didnt know thats why i asked , did i do something wrong?
 
0
•••
no, nothing wrong, just thought you were making a remark... lol :P
 
0
•••
leviathon said:
Yes there are many threads about this (Yahoo @ $2.99)

And if you have read them, you can tell people here at NamePros are not quite fan of Yahoo :)


Yup,

I would never buy a domain from yahoo..
even if they would cost $1,-
 
0
•••
faisj said:
Yup,

I would never buy a domain from yahoo..
even if they would cost $1,-


Care to explain why?
 
0
•••
i wouldnt ether, i only reg my domains at enom. And i never used the yahoo messenger, email, search, or anything.
 
0
•••
a1whs.com said:
Care to explain why?

From many people I know (also from the stories from people here):

This actually happend:

- The Domain could not be transfered
- People got billed for a domain that was transfered out a long time ago
- Yahoo billed to much
- Information did not get updated
- Customer Support did not reply
- etc...

Yahoo is a great community site!
But, I would not buy my domains there...
I would better get them from a company who has it as a core business
and has a better name in the (domain) market
 
0
•••
I don't think it's true that domains can't be transferred.

I have many domains registered on Yahoo, and one of the starter site options is a "For Sale" page. Doesn't seem like they'd readily hand you that option if you couldn't transfer ownership.
 
0
•••
0
•••
That was a nice read, but I like Yahoo domains (only for the pricing). Usually I buy domains to develop them, not really to sell them even though sometimes I do. If I see domains are cheap on Yahoo I register them. So for $15 for a five year registration you can't beat that price. If I really wanted to sell a domain I'd just transfer it out, so for a total of less than $25 I have a domain that lasts 6 years, of course you can pass the amount you spent on the years left to the buyer. Just remember to cancel the domain with Yahoo after you transfer it. Always read the fine print when you deal with any company. Everyone bad mouths Yahoo and 1&1 for domains, but I've used both and never had a problem with either, because I read the fine print and I'm proactive in what I do with all registrars.
 
0
•••
Well my yahoo domain has already kicked in in like less than 5 hours so i guess they are faster than aplus.net where i got charged for a domain which was already registered by them, aplus.net is worse than yahoo so far , yahoo gave me no complaints. Hoping it continues that way.
 
0
•••
a1whs.com said:
Well my yahoo domain has already kicked in in like less than 5 hours so i guess they are faster than aplus.net where i got charged for a domain which was already registered by them, aplus.net is worse than yahoo so far , yahoo gave me no complaints. Hoping it continues that way.


There are always organisations which are worse...
 
0
•••
faisj said:
There are always organisations which are worse...


Yes i aggree and i would like to point out to people not to go with aplus.net they virtually ate my 9$ for a domain which was already registered to someone else . My monthly visa card payment is the proof of that.
 
0
•••
But then again.. I am sure some people are very glad with yahoo and never had
a problem... i am sure that could also be the case.. but as a domain trader
( and are we not all here at namepros, we could not take such a risk )
 
0
•••
i have a yahoo domain, and i have no problem with this domain, i dunnno much about domains or dns, or host, but 4 me ws very easy to learn and use my yahoo domain.
as soon as i get my host, i change my dns from yahoo, and all was right. also i used fordwarding option, standar amd masked. no problem with standard, but masked has a problem cause a yahoo banner appear at botton page.

u get 1 personalize email and other stuff.
when i had problems yahoo reply me not slow, not very fast.

so my experience with yahoo was good.

and when i change my yahoo servers to my own servers, i did forget yahoo cause i began to manage my domain in my new host cpanel ;)ç

about new offer, i did want to buy a new yahoo domain, but i cant, each time i put my credit card information yahoo told me that my information was invalid, beside this i saw my balance acount and wat happen? 2 dollars less in my account. why? cause each time you put ur credit card information, yahoo check this information taking one dollar of ur account.So i tried 4 times and i had 8 less dollar in my account, yahoo told me that it takes 1 dollar but my bank acount said 2 dollar less.

finnaly i see my money back after 2 weeks. i sended email to yahoo regarding my money. yahoo replay wasnot fast, i think its replay was unacceptable.

this was expierence with yahoo small bussines (yahoo domain)
 
0
•••
AIVikingsAIVikings

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back