Dynadot

Most Expensive Web Hosting

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
What is the most expensive webhosting you know
is it www.web.com ?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Rackspace.com is pretty high. They've been charging a lot for the longest time now so you know they are still getting good business

•••
I would hope that these high priced web hosting companies offer the very best in web hosting out there! IMHO

•••
dbkooper said:
Rackspace.com is pretty high. They've been charging a lot for the longest time now so you know they are still getting good business
expensive webhosting is sometimes worth for it such as their service .So people still like to choose though their high charge .

•••
Rackspace.com is wonderful great customer service
They called me like 10 times so far !!!

•••
rcep said:
Rackspace.com is wonderful great customer service
They called me like 10 times so far !!!

Do you mean you are their client and you get support via phone? Is this convenient?

•••
lol they just need clients i was just curious by emailing them about an issue here they are calling me daily :)
but they are a good host good quality but expensive you can make them decrease your price alot
they removed the 600$ setup fees and decrease the costs of monthly payment from 600$ to 200
moreover i was able to get most out of it they gave me 600GB hd 2
you just have to know how to make use of bargains :P

•••
Well, simply because something is more expensive does not necessarily make it better. HOWEVER, the hosts that charge more are making more per customer and generally can afford better hardware quality, better support, and better overall service. Rackspace comes to mind as well as some of the other providers out there. You'll even see some specialized and local hosts charging in the $50+ account range for what most used to the cheap hosts would deem a "small" account.

I realize I went in a wide loop that went into the off-topic gray area, but expensive can be a very relative term.

Most of these cheap hosts are making cents to possibly tens of cents profit per account, so they're dealing completely in bulk. They operate solely on the numbers, and that's probably the best way to put it. You're going to have cheaper hardware, cheaper support, and lower quality service in the end. For some folks this is completely sufficient, and this is why the low prices continue to exist. However, for most folks out there, they're bouncing around from host to host. Consequently, even employee turnover is rather high (and then, of course, you see the I'm looking for a support tech. for $200/month threads).

•••
That is quite strange thread for me. Or you think that expensive host id good and quality web host?

•••
~ServerPoint~ said:
That is quite strange thread for me. Or you think that expensive host id good and quality web host?
no one is saying so many expenive hosts are like other hosts
But sometimes when you get an expensive serverss you are paying for what you expect to get.

•••
Yes, not all expensive hosts are good hosts. But those like racksapce are always one step ahead.

•••
Sometimes the highest isnt the best. Some companies just straight out rip you off. Never want to down that road again....

•••
enlighten me

How is the below pacakge :

30 GB Linux Web Space + 500 Domains Hosting + 1000 Pop Accounts + 100 mysql = Rs 12000 per month ie. $ 285 per month.

The amount almost comes to $3420 per year. The customer have to pay $285 even if the hosting accounts are over. the same amount every month. no discounts.

Can u express your thoughts on the above package whether it is costly, or cheap or ok ok or ??

It will help e a lot.

Thanks.
SHweta.

Note : - from 30 GB, hardly 1 gb can be utilised as all the website would be in text.and very small business website.

Last edited:
•••
Quality and decent web hosting can't be cheap.

•••
shwetarose said:
How is the below pacakge :

30 GB Linux Web Space + 500 Domains Hosting + 1000 Pop Accounts + 100 mysql = Rs 12000 per month ie. $ 285 per month.

The amount almost comes to $3420 per year. The customer have to pay $285 even if the hosting accounts are over. the same amount every month. no discounts.

Can u express your thoughts on the above package whether it is costly, or cheap or ok ok or ??

It will help e a lot.

Thanks.
SHweta.

Note : - from 30 GB, hardly 1 gb can be utilised as all the website would be in text.and very small business website.
i wont get this package when it comes to me
it can be good quality though

•••
•••
Most expensive ... think it's HostGator.

•••
webqualityhost.net
U.S.$37.95 for 2gb / 12gb bw
with only 4 mysql databases

•••
Rackspace is obviously goog, but they dont provide shared hosting :)

Some of my friends (web designers) charge their customers something like $50 per month for hosting, even though they do it with a reseller account which doesnt cost that much for all the accounts together :)

•••
rcep said:
no one is saying so many expenive hosts are like other hosts
But sometimes when you get an expensive serverss you are paying for what you expect to get.
That is affrodable web hosting not expensive. Price in any case must be reasonable

•••
Dreamhost.com provides expensive hosting services.

•••
I think the price perspective when choosing the web hosting plans will be depending on the user themselves because the hosting plans have to meet their requirements on the hosting plans.

The users are willing to play the price although is high because they know the value they will receive from the price they paid.

Web Hosting that are more expensive than the others, maybe they are using the reseller hosting to "resell" again for new subscribers.

Cheers to all!

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back