Dynadot

news .WS Changes 2-3 Character Premium Policy. 5-20 Number .WS domains will be released tomorrow.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

.WS Registry - WebSite.ws

WS RegistryEstablished Member
WebSite.ws Staff
Impact
The .WS registry is excited to start a presence on Name Pros with this account. We will continue to update you with the latest news.

New Premium Domains Will Renew at Standard Prices

Our premium domain pricing for all 2 and 3 character .WS domains is changing. Beginning Monday, 2-22-16 (February 22, 2016), all new registrations of 2 and 3 character domains will be sold for a onetime premium rate which includes one year of registration. All renewals and transfers will be charged at the same rate as all other standard .WS domain registrations. This pricing change will be extended to all our registrars as well. So whether someone buys directly from us or one of our registrars, everyone will be able to take advantage of our new pricing.

5-20 All-Number Domains Made Available for the First Time Ever on 1-28-16.

5-20 all-number .WS domains (5N-20N) have been held back at the Registry level since we launched the .WS top level domain. We will officially make these domains available for registration on Thursday, 1-28-16 (January 28, 2016) at 8:00pm EST / UTC -5 (check time). These newly released 5N-20N domains will be charged at standard domain pricing.

Please see the below link for the complete press release that has more info about the demand coming from the Chinese domain market.

We appreciate you checking out this post!

https://www.website.ws/news/index.dhtml?func=shownews&article=new_low_character_pricing

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
they couldn't sell them before at the prices they were asking so now they try to re-market them to get you guys to buys them. Go for it!

•••
Nothing fishy here. These are being released via namejet no reserve auctions. Let the market decide.

Sorry, but it is fishy, because it was announced few weeks ago that they would be released at $1000 and $500, and now suddenly the "release" means auction and the price is up to $1200 and $600 and registration dates show 2003 on some and feb 18, 2016 on the others.

•••
•••
The .WS registry is excited to start a presence on Name Pros with this account. We will continue to update you with the latest news.

New Premium Domains Will Renew at Standard Prices

Our premium domain pricing for all 2 and 3 character .WS domains is changing. Beginning Monday, 2-22-16 (February 22, 2016), all new registrations of 2 and 3 character domains will be sold for a onetime premium rate which includes one year of registration. All renewals and transfers will be charged at the same rate as all other standard .WS domain registrations. This pricing change will be extended to all our registrars as well. So whether someone buys directly from us or one of our registrars, everyone will be able to take advantage of our new pricing.

https://www.website.ws/news/index.dhtml?func=shownews&article=new_low_character_pricing

I have been working with the .WS registry on this process as a consultant. What I can tell you is that Dynadot was selling 2 character premiums for recurring yearly fees of $995.00 and 3 character premiums for $495.00 per year before they were pulled and the policy change was implemented moving forward. My understanding is that they plan to keep that pricing except at only onetime fees not recurring ($995,$495). Don't hold me to that. When they release that info is when anything is official. I can't speak for any of the registries but that is a range to except. I think a few places will carry the premiums but again unfortunately for now it is a wait and see.

Now, see why this is fishy? They were supposed to release ALL of them. They were supposed to release them on 2/22. They were all supposed to go for a one time premium rate.

And:

- instead of ALL they release for public ONLY NL, LN
- instead of release on 2/22, on this day people find out they are pre-registered on Feb 18 2016, and ... 2003!!!
- instead of sale, they will be AUCTIONED.

This guys are fishy and I am not wasting even a dime on .ws. They will die out for second time and there is no changing back, because it is the same greedy owners with zero vision, even if they used good consultants like Domain Shane and DomainAgency.

•••
Now, see why this is fishy? They were supposed to release ALL of them. They were supposed to release them on 2/22. They were all supposed to go for a one time premium rate.

And:

- instead of ALL they release for public ONLY NL, LN
- instead of release on 2/22, on this day people find out they are pre-registered on Feb 18 2016, and ... 2003!!!
- instead of sale, they will be AUCTIONED.

This guys are fishy and I am not wasting even a dime on .ws. They will die out for second time and there is no changing back, because it is the same greedy owners with zero vision, even if they used good consultants like Domain Shane and DomainAgency.
Their post doesn't say they will be releasing ALL to the public. It says all new registrations will have the new one-time premium fee.

Which ones, that weren't already owned, would you have registered? There still are good ones available. I picked up SEO, BTC, JET and several Chinese Premiums:

luxury goods奢侈品Shēchǐ pǐnSCP
karaokeK歌K gēKGE
database数据库ShùjùkùSJK
bicycle自行车ZìxíngchēZXC
electronics电子学Diànzǐ xuéDZX
watch movies看电影Kàn diànyǐngKDY
gym shoes运动鞋Yùndòng xiéYDX

Last edited:
•••
Which ones, that weren't already owned, would you have registered? There still are good ones available. I picked up SEO, BTC, JET and several Chinese Premiums:

luxury goods奢侈品Shēchǐ pǐnSCP
karaokeK歌K gēKGE
database数据库ShùjùkùSJK
bicycle自行车ZìxíngchēZXC
electronics电子学Diànzǐ xuéDZX
watch movies看电影Kàn diànyǐngKDY
gym shoes运动鞋Yùndòng xiéYDX

I was considering couple of "hacks" for 2L and 3L, but now will just completely stay away.

•••
I was considering couple of "hacks" for 2L and 3L, but now will just completely stay away.
I understand it's frustrating missing out on a domain you may have had your heart set on. If you change your mind, you should check out the the list of available names. Maybe you'll find a diamond in the rough.

•••
I understand it's frustrating missing out on a domain you may have had your heart set on. If you change your mind, you should check out the the list of available names. Maybe you'll find a diamond in the rough.

Nothing special anyways. Again, just 2-3 that would have complemented .coms that I own the same way linkedin.com uses lnkd.in, but I'd rather go with other options for URL shortening as one lesson I have learned, if somebody does business wrong way, don't waste your time, because eventually you'll be sorry anyways.

•••
see-a-name-you-like.png

Please contact us to make an offer!

WTF?
So are they for sale, auction, BIN, make offer or what?

•••
see-a-name-you-like.png

Please contact us to make an offer!

WTF?
So are they for sale, auction, BIN, make offer or what?

They are so greedy, they can't decide which chair to choose, so for now they seat on all three, which takes a huge rear to pull off... Auction, direct make offer, registrars, plus, I guess, ambassadors...

•••
they build up the hype then pull the rug out from under the people that try to support them.
greedy.ws

I still don't understand if there is an auction or what, not that I would buy from them or any company that does this stuff.

•••
Guys-

The "make an offer" thing is obviously pre-2/22. Their premiums are available to be registered now.

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-22%20at%205.25.15%20PM-1456183671-252.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-22%20at%205.46.20%20PM-1456184797-739.png

Last edited:
•••
Guys-

The "make an offer" thing is obviously pre-2/22. Their premiums are available to be registered now.

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-22%20at%205.25.15%20PM-1456183671-252.png

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-22%20at%205.26.22%20PM-1456183671-565.png

So, what does nicked.net get for a regular LLL.ws registration now?

•••
we were talking about 2-3 character domains NOT cello.ws right?

So is there any standard pricing or an auction or make an offer or guess the price?

I'm going with what's behind door number 3 "Guess the Price" Chuck.

•••
we were talking about 2-3 character domains NOT cello.ws right?

So is there any standard pricing or an auction or make an offer or guess the price?

I'm going with what's behind door number 3 "Guess the Price" Chuck.
I was using an example of the randomly generated domains from the page which you copied/pasted the "make an offer" thing, which included some 3 character domains. (AIR.WS, AGE.WS & WAY.WS)

Screen%20Shot%202016-02-22%20at%205.52.08%20PM-1456185148-516.png

So, you can purchase "air.ws" for $600 on website.ws or through your favorite registrar. As with any other TLD, each registrar's pricing varies.

Last edited:
•••
Ok I just seen the make an offer thing which is weird anyway.

•••
They are so greedy, they can't decide which chair to choose, so for now they seat on all three, which takes a huge rear to pull off... Auction, direct make offer, registrars, plus, I guess, ambassadors...

Recons, I have a great deal of respect for you. .WS may not be for you, but I assure you no games are being played here and we are making progress expanding into the Chinese market and talking to potential Chinese partners now. This is a long term play. The owner is going to China in the near future. The past is the past. WS has great pinyin meanings and when you see the kind of deals coming down the road you will see greed is not what is driving this. Any party will be able to bid on the 2 and 3 character domains on namejet. There will be a series of auctions. The market can decide. That's what is so great about namepros we all have our opinions and are entitled to them. Time will tell. I wish you the best!

•••
Recons, I have a great deal of respect for you. .WS may not be for you, but I assure you no games are being played here and we are making progress expanding into the Chinese market and talking to potential Chinese partners now. This is a long term play. The owner is going to China in the near future. The past is the past. WS has great pinyin meanings and when you see the kind of deals coming down the road you will see greed is not what is driving this. Any party will be able to bid on the 2 and 3 character domains on namejet. There will be a series of auctions. The market can decide. That's what is so great about namepros we all have our opinions and are entitled to them. Time will tell. I wish you the best!

The respect is mutual, of course. I will stop writing regarding .ws, I hope they don't throw you guys under the bus with their attitude and will learn a thing or two in the process. Time will tell. Good luck, my friend.

•••
The respect is mutual, of course. I will stop writing regarding .ws, I hope they don't throw you guys under the bus with their attitude and will learn a thing or two in the process. Time will tell. Good luck, my friend.

Thank you!

•••
•••
Recons, I have a great deal of respect for you. .WS may not be for you, but I assure you no games are being played here and we are making progress expanding into the Chinese market and talking to potential Chinese partners now. This is a long term play. The owner is going to China in the near future.
I wonder if .ws registry will make some bulk deals with bigger investors like .link (or was it .click?)

•••
The 4L and 5N have barely been touched yet. I'm watching to see if they start going down quickly.

•••
The 4L and 5N have barely been touched yet. I'm watching to see if they start going down quickly.

4L.com and 5N.com have only recently taken off in value and mass sales, so trying to resell them in .ws is going to take some time.
.com has the appeal to end users! .ws will be bought up by domainers first then try to be resold to each other. The general public doesn't get the W. Somoa thing and they have to be marketed as "website".

I think we are getting smarter and not buying 1000's of domains just because they are available. Get a couple here and there. There will be a new tld coming out tomorrow that will compete with .ws like .online and .web

•••
The first cycle of new gtlds will be over soon, not sure how many are left to arrive but most have been released. Some good ones still coming like .web .app .shop ...

It will be years before a second round of new gtlds opens up, so what comes out now will be what we have to live with for next few years.

•••

Popular this week

• The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back