Domain Empire

news .WS Changes 2-3 Character Premium Policy. 5-20 Number .WS domains will be released tomorrow.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

.WS Registry - WebSite.ws

WS RegistryEstablished Member
WebSite.ws Staff
Impact
The .WS registry is excited to start a presence on Name Pros with this account. We will continue to update you with the latest news.

New Premium Domains Will Renew at Standard Prices

Our premium domain pricing for all 2 and 3 character .WS domains is changing. Beginning Monday, 2-22-16 (February 22, 2016), all new registrations of 2 and 3 character domains will be sold for a onetime premium rate which includes one year of registration. All renewals and transfers will be charged at the same rate as all other standard .WS domain registrations. This pricing change will be extended to all our registrars as well. So whether someone buys directly from us or one of our registrars, everyone will be able to take advantage of our new pricing.

5-20 All-Number Domains Made Available for the First Time Ever on 1-28-16.

5-20 all-number .WS domains (5N-20N) have been held back at the Registry level since we launched the .WS top level domain. We will officially make these domains available for registration on Thursday, 1-28-16 (January 28, 2016) at 8:00pm EST / UTC -5 (check time). These newly released 5N-20N domains will be charged at standard domain pricing.

Please see the below link for the complete press release that has more info about the demand coming from the Chinese domain market.

We appreciate you checking out this post!

https://www.website.ws/news/index.dhtml?func=shownews&article=new_low_character_pricing

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Anyone sold any .ws / had any interest yet?

•••
Where , 3L and 3N can be registered ? Will it work on website(ws) only?

•••
I just scanned all possible LL.ws and found none available.

In my random check Ja.ws was (and still is) available for 5K (I checked with Dynadot)

•••
All LL.com, NN.com, and NNN.com are gone. And as of today just a few hundred NNNN.com left. The 5Ns were released a few weeks ago and I think a total of 5K or so were initially registered but haven't checked since. The release tomorrow is LLL.com and NL, LN. Two character are $1200 and three letter are $600 initial price but renewal fee is regular fee.

Yes, talking about .WS. :)

•••
I am guessing their pricing page has a typo - I think they must mean December 22, 2015 *OR* February 22, 2016 cuz the way it is written does not make sense

http://website.ws/faq/pricing.dhtml

Domain Type....................................................................Initial Reg Fee..............Each Additional Year
4+ characters (CCCC.ws, LLLLL.ws, NNNNNN.ws, etc.).......$35..................................$35 per year
3 characters (3C) (CCC.ws, LLL.ws, NNN.ws, etc.)...............$600................................$35 per year*
2 characters (2C) (CC.ws, LL.ws, NN.ws, etc.).....................$1,200..............................$35 per year*
1 character (1C) (C.ws, L.ws, N.ws, etc.)...........................Negotiated per domain........Negotiated per domain

Initial Reg Fee (includes 1 year of registration)
*2C-3C pricing valid only for new domains registered on or after December 22, 2016. All 2C-3C domains registered prior to December 22, 2016 receive the same legacy pricing as always.

There were a bunch of 2-3 char premium already registered at legacy pricing, and any availability lookups now are not valid until release - I noticed this before the 5N release as well, they are regged under GDI so right now they all show up as taken. I could be wrong also.

I used the whois tool direct at https://www.website.ws/whois.dhtml

Like JA.WS was Creation Date: 2013-06-11, and is for sale, proly by owner, but would fall under the legacy pricing structure

Then look at a few random LL or NN and if it shows GDI, I am gonna guess these are the ones that will release in several hours. On purpose I looked at ones that would be the worst letters to see if I am correct. AEIOUV

I will check later and update out of curiosity, but $600/$1200 initial is not of interest to me

KIM this post is all my own speculation and guessing - would have been prudent for them to officially update here, oh well.

•••
$35 renewal for 4+ characters is steep if that's the case.

•••
Domain Shane blog post today says renewals will be in $20 range. So which is right?

•••
@hugegrowth - my post was pricing direct from website.ws. I have no idea if 2-3 char will be available for $600/$1200 at other registrars, when they released the 5N, they were available at other registrars. (DynaDot and Hexonet, those are the only places *I* checked that day)

Also, if they are restricting 2-3 char to ONLY direct thru website.ws, they allow transfer after 60 days, so you could chose to move it later to a cheaper renewal, https://www.domcomp.com/tld/ws

oh piffle, 4+ characters is what you said, yes I am sure 4+ chars are standard renewal wherever you have them

http://website.ws/news/index.dhtml?func=shownews&article=new_low_character_pricing
>>>
All renewals and transfers will be charged at the same rate as all other standard .WS domain registrations. This pricing change will be extended to all our registrars as well. So whether someone buys directly from us or one of our registrars, everyone will be able to take advantage of our new pricing.
<<<

Re-reading that. they should have already been released by now if it was 00:00 GMT

•••
•••
•••
Pricing varies from registrar to registrar. I have seen them from $5-$20. At the main registry, website.ws. they are more pricey.

•••
2 Letter .WS and 3 Number .WS domains will be available via exclusive name jet auctions at no reserve so the market can decide. The first auction list will be announced later today and be live for pre bidding. I will post once released.

•••
You can get it by Advanced Searching - uncheck all TLDs then choose .ws only and limit to 3 Max characters, don't put anything for the search term. This is what I got and they look live to me:

hc.ws
996.ws
ct.ws
dx.ws
887.ws
181.ws
229.ws
jk.ws
mb.ws
288.ws
366.ws
nj.ws
sw.ws
555.ws
899.ws
989.ws
686.ws
sz.ws
yz.ws
779.ws
zzz.ws
ppp.ws

•••
You can get it by Advanced Searching - uncheck all TLDs then choose .ws only and limit to 3 Max characters, don't put anything for the search term. This is what I got and they look live to me:

hc.ws
996.ws
ct.ws
dx.ws
887.ws
181.ws
229.ws
jk.ws
mb.ws
288.ws
366.ws
nj.ws
sw.ws
555.ws
899.ws
989.ws
686.ws
sz.ws
yz.ws
779.ws
zzz.ws
ppp.ws

:lookaround:

•••
•••
They don't show on Godaddy yet.

I checked some at Dynadot, reg fee is listed as $1000000, must be an error..

•••
I bought 2 a couple hours ago at website.ws.

•••
I just scanned all possible LL.ws and found none available.

They are all registered by them and reg date shows as Feb 18.

An hour ago it was saying "taken", but when doing whois it was saying reserved or similar.

It is a fishy company with fishy practices.

•••
I use Nicked.net myself. Love working with Nick and the guys

•••
They don't show on Godaddy yet.

I checked some at Dynadot, reg fee is listed as $1000000, must be an error..

Yes, they have been notified. Should be fixed soon.

•••
They are all registered by them and reg date shows as Feb 18.

An hour ago it was saying "taken", but when doing whois it was saying reserved or similar.

It is a fishy company with fishy practices.

Nothing fishy here. These are being released via namejet no reserve auctions. Let the market decide.

•••
Am I the only one who thinks this whole rollout is confusing as fuck?

•••
Am I the only one who thinks this whole rollout is confusing as f*ck?

namejet auctions is where you will be able to get 2L and 3N at no reserve. These will be recurring auctions. Select 3L can be registered as well as select LN and NL at onetime premium fees.

•••
But where can I even see which select ones are available and at what prices?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back