NameSilo

discuss What makes for a good brandable domain ? Showcase your brandables here

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

oldtimer

SaveThyWorld.com Let's not leave anyone behindTop Member
Impact
With thousands of startups needing a name for their new company and many more existing businesses also branching out all the time and needing names for their new line of products and services it seems that brandable domains is one of the areas that could be very beneficial to domainers both old and new and deserves to be explored further.

Below are a few points of discussion to get this thread started, if I have left something important out please let me know so that it can be added to them. If you have any tips or advice about brandable domains please feel free to share them with the rest of us.

1-What is a brandable domain.

2-How many different types of brandable domains are there and is one type better than the others.

3-What makes a brandable domain stand out amongst thousands of others.

4-What is the optimum length for a brandable domain, how long can a brandable domain be and still qualify as being a good choice.

5-What types of brandable domains are most desired by startups and existing businesses.

6-What is the best way to find brandable domains.

7-What is the best way to sell brandable domains.

Attention Newbies: It's probably best to first hear what some of the more experienced domainers have to say about this subject before you consider getting any domains, and even then it's probably best to experiment with just a few domains at a time. You should be able to sell one domain and then use the proceeds from that sale to get more domains, if you cannot even sell one domain then you are doing something wrong and need to adjust your strategy. IMO

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Any opinions on this one?

Chatco.com / CHATCO.COM

Great name for a Chat Company

Thanks

You seem to have a knack for selecting great names.

I really like this one, and you'll probably have no problem selling it.

;)

•••
taoegame.com

taoegame.com??
bggame.com??

•••
.com: codecture (w/ supporting codec architecture)

•••
what a bunch of crap names

brandable? come on people get an imagination!!

•••
•••
Yes, most of these are crap domains.

Eligible to be on the Worlds Worst Domain dot com.

If I ever decide to develop it.

•••

Quhr.com

Migrated into my account today.

I like pronounceable "Q" domains.

•••
Ms Domainer the only problem is that the name Quhr is pronounced Queer. So who would buy it? Please don't take it offensive but I am curious of your thoughts on it.

•••
every time i register/buy a brandable name i ask myself if i would name my business, brand, product, app etc that name.
if/when my answer is yes i would gladly take the name ...and then upon having it in my account i dont want to sell it anymore, i wanna keep it even though i'm pretty sure i would never use it for something real in my lifetime. this is frightening me..

back to domains.. brandables.. well, today i like NuDot

•••
Ms Domainer the only problem is that the name Quhr is pronounced Queer. So who would buy it? Please don't take it offensive but I am curious of your thoughts on it.

Actually it's pronounced "core." Had it been Quehr or Quer, I would agree.

But the hr at the end gives it the "o" sound.

Aside from that, the academic gay culture has adopted "Queer Studies" as a literary genre, so if the right buyer sees it as "queer" and wants to buy it, it's all good.

•••
I have a few 'brandables'

Teczy
Instaz
Clomus
Apparso
Appenco
Nursio
Buzzico
Clobrid
Datazy
Wicksu
Cloudisio
Vlaso
Himsy

Last edited:
•••
Just bought

o s o c i a l .com

•••
BisZo.Com, seems descent enough.

•••
•••
Just bought

W A B R . COM

•••
•••
Any opinions on this one?

Chatco.com / CHATCO.COM

Great name for a Chat Company

Thanks

I like the name, you can't go wrong with most good names + co - they have a good ring to them - its Brandabled

•••
•••
i think a lot and bought these domains.my brain told these are brand names.
am i wrong?
please share your opinion about my domains.

host joomla . net
the host space .com
world class host .com
usa skill .com
cherry vps .com

waiting for your reply. thanks :)

•••
am i wrong?

host joomla . net
the host space .com
world class host .com
usa skill .com
cherry vps .com

These are not brandables , have you read this thread ?

•••
What do you think about cloudiffy?
There is cloudify.cc and other cloudify that are trademarks. So got cloudiffy dot com.

•••
What do you think about cloudiffy?
There is cloudify.cc and other cloudify that are trademarks. So got cloudiffy dot com.

I don't think companies would want a name that is too similar to another one.

•••
Sorry , But none of these are brandable

am i wrong?

host joomla . net
the host space .com
world class host .com
usa skill .com
cherry vps .com

I am sorry but none of these are really brandable
Kindly Go through this thread again and you will get an idea of How you should select Brandables.
The Names Should be small
They should be catchy and easy to say
The should be spelled as they are pronounced.
I have a few brandables at both namerific and Brandbucket.
Examples like Rosova, Zorono, Splenova,
and many more.
Hope I was useful.

•••
Hi all,

Where are the best places to list your 'brandable' domains for sale?

The obvious ones would be Namerific and Brandbucket (if they accept them). I have found icBrands.com as well

I was wondering whether there are any other companies that currently do the same thing so i can list the domains on several platforms. or is there any brokers who specialize in brandable domains?
Any help would be great.

•••
Hi Nappy Bunch, thanks for the list and that is a great question. I just checked out icBrands.com, do you have any listed with them yet?

I just got one name accepted to Namerific and have another 8 they are thinking about. Looks like the days of learning from their personal rejections are over! I only got an automated refusal. I subbed to Brandbucket nearly 2 weeks ago so am still waiting to hear back from there too.

It looks like Brandroot is a professional-looking place to keep an eye on, as the option to sell with them is "coming soon". I don't know of any others, and would love to hear of any others too.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back