NameSilo
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Ok, so we know how popular our Official Parked.com thread was...let's give @Donny's newest genius invention a try: VOODOO.COM :)
Let us know what you think! :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
@Donny-
I have sold some names. If I delete them from my Voodoo account, will they be deleted from past stats and will the revenue I made be deleted from my past totals?

I don't want to mess with my stat/revenue history. I assume they won't affect anything, but I know what happens when I assume!!! :)

What is Donny trying to tell you by not answering is "No, your previous stats won't be affected if you delete any of your domains" :)

•••
Search Box and Title Only

Sorry if I missed this earlier, but I Like the
new layout "Search Box and Title Only"

Thanks for making that an option!

Regards,
DN

•••
What is Donny trying to tell you by not answering is "No, your previous stats won't be affected if you delete any of your domains" :)

Thanks ibidu!! Hope you are right....here goes the DELETE key!! :)

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:31 PM ----------

Regards,
DN

Sweet, found it!!

Hey Donny how about letting your partners know when a cool feature is added via email!!

Last edited:
•••
Sorry, I have been a little swamped the past few days and haven't had a chance to check here. We have never been known to make a bunch of posts or emails that say hey we added X or Y, because it allows us to have a few people test it out without us having a bunch of bugs in it.

If you delete a domain, the stats will still be there. :)

1) Under the Domain Manager, if I set the Domain Type to Auto Optimization, do I still need to key in the keywords?
A. Auto-optimize is whether the domain is a 1 click lander or a 2 click lander.
2) Under Domain Manager, there are “keywords” and “keyword magic” fields. Do I need to fill in the keywords?
A. You can fill in the keyword if you like or just leave it alone. It's up to you. As far as the "Keyword magic" system it's something that we have that makes other recommendations based on your domain.
3) Since the domains websites are generated automatically by Voodoo, will people keying the keywords on the search engine show up the website? Will these automatically generated websites indexed by the search engines?
A. Yes and no. Some search engines index the domains, some don't.
4) Am I right to say domain name contain keywords will fare better in Voodoo than other no general words domain?
A. Domains with traffic work the best at the end of the day. You can have computer.com, but if it gets no traffic than it won't make any money.

Donny

•••
Thanks Donny. However regrading your answer "Auto-optimize is whether the domain is a 1 click lander or a 2 click lander". I'm not too sure about 1 or 2 click lander, could you explain a bit in details.
Also, "Domains with traffic work the best". Do you mean people reaching the domain website by key in the address on the browser (since the domain previous website would not be around anymore)

Last edited:
•••
Stevekent - A 1 click lander vs 2 click lander is pretty simple. A 1 click lander shows ads immediately on the page when a surfer goes to the page. A 2 click lander shows related keywords and then you have to click on those keywords to see the ads.

A 1 click lander in most cases will give you a higher CTR, but a lower RPC. The question is do you make more money or not is really up to the domain.

Parking a domain is not designed to get you traffic, it's designed to help you make money or monetize the traffic that you already have. If you have domains that get no traffic at all, parking the domain is probably not the best idea. But if you are like me and have domains that you have no plans on developing, parking is a perfect option.

Hope this helps.

Donny

•••
Decided to join voodoo.com and yesterday earned $0,43 on 1 click at one of my 3 word domains :) Like it!
Moved around 50 names from voodoo.tv to voodoo.com :)

Last edited:
•••
New to this... I heard domain parking is out the door with Googles new algorithmic technique etc.

Ohhhh... this is for natural hits on the domain... ok Donny.. thanks.. I am like you and dont have websites.. just a whole bunch of names.. that i'm actually considering auctioning off.

Do you sell or auction any of your domiains.. and if so how do you appraise them and where to you put them in auction.

Thanks Donny

Last edited:
•••
When does the RPC show up? At the end of the day?

•••
zapdaddy - We provide estimated visitors, searches, and clicks within 5 minutes for today's stats. But we don't estimate revenue, we only show final revenue when we receive it from all of our providers. Which usually happens by 9am PST.

Donny

•••
zapdaddy - We provide estimated visitors, searches, and clicks within 5 minutes for today's stats. But we don't estimate revenue, we only show final revenue when we receive it from all of our providers. Which usually happens by 9am PST.

Donny

OK great. Thanx for the quick reply.

•••
Decided to join voodoo.com and yesterday earned $0,43 on 1 click at one of my 3 word domains :) Like it!

I moved all mine from SEDO and getting %%% per day....thanks VOdoo

•••
•••
•••
I made $ 19.87 (yes almost Twenty Dollars) from one click from a business/legal domain this week.

Dave

•••
Regarding the new "Search Box and Title Only" I have 2 questions; is there a way to make that title truly valid by not having any ppc ads on the page but only displaying after the search and getting paid if they then click on the search results?

Also, any way to find out what the visitors are actually typing in the search box and looking for?

•••
David,

Setting the search box to 2-Click Lander changes it to a search box only.

•••
I made $ 19.87 (yes almost Twenty Dollars) from one click from a business/legal domain this week.

Dave

I made $$$ from just one domain per day

•••
$$$ per day...much more than most people make in a month

So, are you now saying you're making over $100 per day on the domain you showed me? That would be a great improvement in that case.

•••
The Search Box design was supposed to automatically change the page type to a 2 click lander. But it's not right now, I just sent that to one of my programmers and it will be fixed today or tomorrow.

Donny

•••
I started parking my domains with Voodoo about 10 days ago and looks like it was a smart move comparing the revenue to what I made with Sedo. But one interesting thing happened today. This morning I checked the stats and there was a click on one of my domains. I just checked again and the click counter was zero! Does it happen to other parkers for a reason or is it just a glitch?

Thanks.

•••
Volkito,
If one of our providers doesn't pay us for a click, then we remove it. The data from today, is calculated by us. Then when we put the final numbers in for today on tomorrow we try to make everything correct with our providers.

Donny

•••
Volkito,
If one of our providers doesn't pay us for a click, then we remove it. The data from today, is calculated by us. Then when we put the final numbers in for today on tomorrow we try to make everything correct with our providers.

Donny

Thanks for the explanation. Too bad they didn't pay for it.

•••

Regards,
DN

Excellent, found it... been waiting for this feature a long time.

•••
Hi Donny

My payment for month of June, July and August(sum 59.59 USD). When will these payment release.

thanks

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back