IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Ok, so we know how popular our Official Parked.com thread was...let's give @Donny's newest genius invention a try: VOODOO.COM :)
Let us know what you think! :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I need to know where the traffic is coming from!!

•••
cloudengineer - Not sure what you mean?

Donny

•••
He wants to know which part of the world the traffic (the visitors) that he gets on his domains come from and the nature of it i.e. typein, Search Engine, backlinks, RELATIVES etc.

•••
He wants to know which part of the world the traffic (the visitors) that he gets on his domains come from and the nature of it i.e. typein, Search Engine, backlinks, RELATIVES etc.

I think you nailed one of them ibidu!! ;)

•••
One minor suggestion. Maybe flesh out the FAQs a little more.

For example, went thru my domains today and some some that were faillisted, some generic ones like gps telescopes, postman bag, a generic pasta domain etc. First I didn't understand that so did a search for faillisted, fail listed at Voodoo, nothing showed up. Came here and got the answers. If you had that at Voodoo, might cut down on the questions here, ones you might receive.

Even something like Payment. When I first signed up, I checked what most people check for first, when do I get paid. There's nothing in the Help/FAQ's, it's down on the bottom in the Terms. I would put something like that in the FAQ's, since that has to be one of the most frequently asked questions.

•••
One minor suggestion. Maybe flesh out the FAQs a little more.

For example, went thru my domains today and some some that were faillisted, some generic ones like gps telescopes, postman bag, a generic pasta domain etc. First I didn't understand that so did a search for faillisted, fail listed at Voodoo, nothing showed up. Came here and got the answers. If you had that at Voodoo, might cut down on the questions here, ones you might receive.

Even something like Payment. When I first signed up, I checked what most people check for first, when do I get paid. There's nothing in the Help/FAQ's, it's down on the bottom in the Terms. I would put something like that in the FAQ's, since that has to be one of the most frequently asked questions.

Agreed. You may have been reading through the questions I asked regarding faillisting. If i recall correctly, the ONLY indexed page on google relevant to what I was looking for was this thread with one post containing the keyword, until Donny directly answered my Q. Hopefully they're working on the other idea that was suggested; traffic statistics by country, like other parking companies already provide.

•••
If I remember correctly from a conversation with one of the parking companies that does not provide traffic stats...The ones providing certain stats are walking a thin line with G. If G decides they have had enough of a certain parking company's ways they can pull the plug without notice.

None of us are really immune to G. Especially, someone like Voodoo, who's entire(or at least 98%) business model revolves around G revenue.

I don't blame them, I wouldn't risk my income because a couple of unstable individuals keep yelling "show me the stats"!! :laugh:

Don't get me wrong, I would love to have stats too! Maybe there is a happy medium. I am sure Donny is working on that, if at all possible, without jeopardizing his relationships.

Check out this article:
http://domainshane.com/does-google-own-you-aka-dont-be-googles-bitch/

•••
I will work or have somebody work on our FAQ today.

And yes, some companies may be showing more information than I have been told I'm allowed to show as far as stats go. But we are working on something that is within the rules I was told that I can show. I think everybody will be happy with the results when it's available.

Donny

•••
dear, Donny.

I login to voodoo-com then I click on my domain its shows "
Current domain status clean"

What does it mean by Current domain status clean ?

---------- Post added at 07:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

dear, Donny.

Money earned from june 1st 2012 through june 30 2012 , when do I get paid?

•••
Hi Daniel,

1. Domain status = Clean. Domain is ok by google. (not banned by google)
2. June revenue will be paid by last week of July

•••
Are there any legal way to get traffic to my site ?

Thank you so much.

•••
@Danaiel

You should start reading the threads or do a search for your topics of interest and you will find your answers rather quickly.

You already found a great thread about Voodoo.

Start with this section:
http://www.namepros.com/parking-and-traffic-monetization/

Great thread from a seasoned parking guy:
http://www.namepros.com/parking-and...9473-domain-parking-tips-tricks-help-you.html

Things you DO NOT want to do:
Send paid traffic to your Parked pages
Create a bunch of links to your Parked pages

Search Engine Traffic, Type-in traffic or backlinks(created prior to parking) seem to be the most accepted traffic by Google. Quality traffic seems to be the key.

Have fun and welcome!

P.S. If your user name is your real email addy, you are asking for boat loads of spam.

Jimmy

Last edited:
•••

Dudh...isn'that what I asked for?

Oh wait, we have too many amateurs around here who cannot decipher professional slang.

My humble "sincere" apology...:bah:

(if you trust me it is sincere, I got a domain to sell you that will make you rich!!)

•••
Dudh...isn'that what I asked for?

Oh wait, we have too many amateurs around here who cannot decipher professional slang.

Yes, Donney must be an amateur....

•••
I sometimes like to hear what people think they are looking for. :) I get those random requests, I want more stats, then I ask what stats are you looking for, and they would just say more than you provide. Well, what are you looking for example, just more some would say.

It's funny sometimes the requests we get. So we do play dumb sometimes when we ask people what they mean or what they are looking for. But we are always listening, for example I already updated the FAQ on Friday like people requested.

Donny

•••
Yes, let's all play it Dumbly!

.... So we do play dumb sometimes .....

Donny

In that case let's rename this business "dumbaining"....

•••
This business is based off of people playing dumb. :) How many times have you emailed somebody when you want to buy their domain and even though you know it's worth $5k, you low ball them at $1k and say it's for my wife's business or something. I get those emails everyday!

Or the person who sells you a domain after it's been faillisted and they go I had no idea it had been blacklisted by Google.

Donny

•••
That why Suckers are created to be taken adv of.

•••
You are a real piece of work. It's attitudes and thoughts like this that are ruining society.

That why Suckers are created to be taken adv of.

•••
Voodoo is this good for foreign traffic (IE 3rd World). Need real feedback thanks.

Donny- I am a SedoPro member with 5000+ uq a day, please pm me if you got the chance. Thanks

•••
I login to voodoo-com then I click on my domain its shows "
Current domain status adult "

What does it mean by Current domain status adult ?

•••
Usually that means the domain is Adult. :)

You sent me a PM as well, I'll respond there.

Donny

•••
•••
Yes, we allow adult domains without any problems. We just tell you which domains are adult and which ones aren't adult.

We also tell you which domains are trademarks, and which ones are faillisted by Google.

Donny

•••
If a name is Faillisted by Google I am assuming this is permanent....why does this happen?

Especially, when some domains start off CLEAN and then turn in to Faillisted...what can we do to prevent this from happening?

It's still a big mystery to me....I have tried to purchase some names through auction (good quality) but as soon as I do some research they are faillisted....suggestions?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back