IT.COM
Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

xman

Domain Hack KingVIP Member
Impact
Here's my question..what is the value of domain hack? I've seen some good domain hack and i was wondering about the value of it. I myself own one and i'm not sure whether or not i should get more. I haven't seen any sale of domain hack. Why do we register domain hack? Is it because the domain looks cool or because there's a potential end user who's willing to buy such domain?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yep, "Wigs" is one of mine as well among many others. Think I have around 70 all up. A couple of what I would consider my killer hacks would be:

Cameras
Sofas
Bathrooms
Bedrooms
Coffees
Degrees

I don't have the time or motivation to monetise any of my hacks so have them parked & if a decent offer comes around, then I would consider selling them. Otherwise I'm very happy to sit on them until the right offer comes by.

•••
latitu.de (5,000 EUR)
sold @sedo

•••
Just registered today my first and only .rs hack ,which is pretty much the best of the available ones after thinking about it for a few days.

I will post the name after i get the confirmation message from plus.rs

Cheers/

•••
Ok, I received the confirmation I registered Blazers and backed it up with blazers.pro :)

Product related hack, kinda similar to Weddings in searches and value, but less valueble ( not a lot less).

•••
•••
Any idea what software is Cax using for their hacks appraisal?

I'm surprised I Can't find a site which appraises hacks(not that it makes a difference, these appraisals are mostly bad).

Also, any opinions on 2 word hacks(frenchfri.es)? DriveSafe.ly is pretty nice. These are obv less valueble than single word hacks but are these worthless? In my view, not.

Last edited:
•••

Nice single word hack. I see the .com is for NBA.

Regarding 2 word hacks, I think it's rare that there would be much value.

However, I just had a fairly low offer on rightly.so

•••
Yea I know .com is owned by NBA but that was not my (main) target. I'm gonna go with Blazers as clothes I guess.

Also, regarding 2 word hacks , I couldn't resist getting UsedCars and RentalCars as Cars is reserved til 2016 and DriveSafely is my model. UsedCars had been listed at Cax for 26k buy now price by someone but I mailed them that I own that. Probably shouldn't :)

Check out Colours , they have a great collection of hacks (webnames) including a few 2 word names and some nice sales!

Last edited:
•••
Grabbed Creditors . High value IMO(xxx+) despite the low exact searches(6600).

-----

Just seen Answers sold for 20k this winter. Any recommendations of a good domain hacks sale history site?

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
Check out the 5th place : http://www.dnjournal.com/archive/domainsales/2012/20120328.htm

Another hack goes for xx,xxx very nice price.

Nice sale for Mr. Jingly ;). Awesome Buddy.

On another note I have decided to sell all my domain hacks as a reseller friendly package deal, PM me if you have a good $xx.xxx budget for some real good domain hacks (package includes names like: perfu.me, roy.al, doo.rs, condo.ms and more)

•••
Sold a 2 word hack (extension being the second word) for $5k yesterday and it looks like I might close another domain hack sale in the same range next week to another enduser.

•••
•••
B&J, a nice sale indeed. congratulations.

Do you have special monetization platform for hacks?

We do have premium geo hacks like texas, vegas, dallas and special niches like flowers, toners etc.

I would be interested in hearing from you. Drop me a PM if you have a solid monetization or development plans for these premium hacks.

•••
•••
If anyone is interested in buying a GEO domain hack, I'm looking to sell the below, which is the Capital & largest city in Romania:
Bucharest

PM me if interested with your best offer, no lowball offers. The name expires in January 2015.

•••
Just had a mid $xxx offer for binocula.rs hack.
PM me if is interested. This is definitely worth $x,xxx however so will counter.
I'm getting more and more hits on my hacks lately... anyone else?

•••
I just picked up FootFeti.sh

•••
If anyone is interested in buying a GEO domain hack, I'm looking to sell the below, which is the Capital & largest city in Romania:
Bucharest

PM me if interested with your best offer, no lowball offers. The name expires in January 2015.

As a local I can tell you that Bucharest is the English version. It's Bucuresti in Romanian.
I don't think you will get more than low xxx for that in the next 1-2 years. GL though.

•••
•••
Facebook announced that they bought instagr.am for 1 Billion USD.

Of course, the price was paid for the app but intagr.am is still a hack.

•••
Hacks seem like a great fit for apps. One I sold last year has been developed into a hack that has been featured in the Wall Street Journal even though its still in the beta stage.

Signal

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back