IT.COM

.us .US Heating Up

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
For those of you who haven't checked this article out at Domain Name Journal-

http://www.dnjournal.com/articles/cctld/us-growth-backup.htm

The article is written by a Sedo Key Acct Manager.

Since the beginning of 2006, I have received 2 seperate, direct inquiries regarding my 3LLL.US domains. Relative to .com, .net, .org and .info, .Us 3LL are currently a bargain, as ar 3ll.biz names, IMHO.
As .us emerges, just think of all of the US businesses that will be vying for a nice, short web address to enhance their corporate identity.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Duke said:
Either that or the owner of Journal.com can just turn the name over to me so I can redirect it. :)

LOL Duke... that would be nice...

•••
equity78 said:
Mike and Mole for a small business would you think .biz or .us the better choice especially LLL?
Due to the nature of the LLL market, the general tld/cctld usage "rules" don't apply to 3 letter domains, IMHO. I have had 2 $xxxx+ sales of LLL.biz names and in both instances the buyer was a large corporation- one was locking down all of the tlds using the base term- the other LLL was a dictionary word. Although, I have sold a few mixed LN .US domains in the low $xxx range, I have yet to sell any LLL.US.

My guess is that large companies will trump small businesses in the LLL market, so I am advising potential small business customers that are interested in a LLL domain to secure them now, before they are unavailable or out of reach. The shake down of business themed domains will see the cctld's, (including .us), being, (along w/ .com), the choice of large corporations in industrialized nations and .biz will be used for B2B sites and by small businesses who are operating on a local scale. Because .biz is associated w/ a regional market, it may, actually, have more appeal than the cctld for the samll business. Although the scope of cctld use would appear to be more limited than that of .biz, it, likely, would have more appeal to the large businesses for names that have value in respect to corporate identity.

IMHO.

Last edited:
•••
NameMogul.com said:
Someone might want to mention to them the had a bit of a typo themselves and linked to journal.com and not dnjournal.com.

and she gave me a couple of names i don;t own like math.us :'(

stories like this about the florist who bought a name for 3500 and got 1100 in orders amounting to 67k ,,and its not even mentioned that would more likely be every year from a one time buy ,no type of advertising would generate those types of orders,,,this coverage of small business buying names and increasing orders as result is whats needed ,,,,,

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back