NameSilo

.tv .TV Premium Auction at SEDO - Starts April 1st 2010!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
sedo.co.uk/search/searchresult.php4?tracked=&partnerid=&language=e&auctionevent=tvPremium

Just found it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
DotStop I would agree simulateneously having other .TV domains in auction would be good exposure. It's probably worth a try though many registrants will be reluctant to set low initial bids.

•••
DotStop I would agree simulateneously having other .TV domains in auction would be good exposure. It's probably worth a try though many registrants will be reluctant to set low initial bids.

You're right GarpTrader.

I just created that thread and I may go back and lower my start bid of my first available .tv to send to Sedo.
Who knows but if you price the start bid fair, then anything can happen...

But remember this,
There will never be the same amount of eyes looking at purchasing .tv's again anytime soon so
be realistic and we could have some fun!

Here is the link...
http://www.namepros.com/tv-marketplace/645294-list-your-available-tvs-go-sedo.html#post3762537

Please enter your .tv's.
I will bid on a few here, as I would love to own ALL of your .tv's! :lol:

Last edited:
•••
Yes it is disappointing to see a premium .TV auction without clear disclosure of the renewals (unless the renewals aren't premium but then it would seem strange to call it a premium .TV auction). The extension gets its fair share of criticism so it will be interesting to see what interest there is in what are some nice names. If the renewals are $10K/yr in this economy I doubt there will be heated bidding. But IMO the auction will draw attention to the extension and the outcome may influence the industry's viewpoint toward .TV domain acquisition.

It seems the words out... STANDARD RENEWAL RATES on the names in this auction.

--

•••
•••
•••
If standard renewal - I can't imagine what kind of bidding wars we will see :)

•••
This is going to be epic!

•••
•••
slow down people... unless there's been official word on ZERO renewals, I'd wait till we get confirmation from the top regarding premium renewal rates.

Accdg to SEDO:
"For the first time ever, Verisign and Sedo are auctioning 115 premium .tv domains with greatly reduced renewal rates."

"reduced"... not ZERO. I've seen a few blogs have stated NO premium renewals... but time will tell. We'll all know within a few days. from what I've gathered, they will be deciding and announcing the official price plan on/before Friday. For those who have always been interested in acquiring certain premiums, this may be a great opportunity to do so. For those carrying premium renewals now, perhaps we'll be allowed to negotiate our renewals.

What I'd like to see is either the death of premium renewals (highly unlikely) or a standard price across the board: i.e. all premiums are now $100 going forward, for old & new premium registrations.

All I know is: the no reserve auction, coupled with reduced renewals seems like a winning combination.

Exciting times...

•••
Spoke to Ross Warren who is a marketing guy at SEDO (waited exactly one hour on hold) He said Mark Klein head of business development is still working out details. The names will have reserve prices. Business.tv will obviously have a higher reserve than XO.tv. He said he was not sure what the standard renewal would be, much lower but he was not sure if $29 like at ENOM.tv to renew a non premium .tv. He said more news will be coming out over the next two weeks about the .tv renewal pricing.

•••
Thx for the info MrRhee and Equity,

Please keep us Posted on the renewal rates if so, or not, or how much of a reduction...etc.'
as you 2 are both closely related to Sedo.

What a guy Equity...waiting an entire hour on hold, just for us! :)

•••
No problem Dot Stop

Last edited:
•••
from Chef Patricks Blog...

Sedo, the leading online domain marketplace and monetization provider, today announced that it has teamed with VeriSign, the global registry operator for the .tv internet domain, to hold an exclusive auction for the entire available catalog of 115 premium .tv domain names at the standard registry renewal fee, which is a greatly reduced renewal price

http://www.chefpatrick.com/sedo-col...ost-its-first-tv-domain-auction/#comment-7477

•••
All I know is: the no reserve auction, coupled with reduced renewals seems like a winning combination.

Exciting times...

Joel don't know who told you no reserve, Sedo told me absolutely there will be reserve prices.

•••
from Chef Patricks Blog...

Sedo, the leading online domain marketplace and monetization provider, today announced that it has teamed with VeriSign, the global registry operator for the .tv internet domain, to hold an exclusive auction for the entire available catalog of 115 premium .tv domain names at the standard registry renewal fee, which is a greatly reduced renewal price

Got the sedo newsletter few minutes ago - there is the same text

•••
Very intersting, certainly not something I expected. I wonder if this is a bit of a test of an alternate business model for the premiums.

This could go either way, if the names are priced very low and most sell then it could be very good for speculator interest. If it is another Rick Latona style auction where everything is overpriced then it will be another black eye, far bigger than the last because of the attention involved.

•••
Got the sedo newsletter few minutes ago - there is the same text

Well Before we could have dismissed Chef Patricks Blog as it could have been written incorrectly but...

Now that you say you received the letter from Sedo with the exact text, well...
To me that wording is indisputable - No Premium Renewals.

•••
Standard renewals for these names would be great news and would draw a tremendous amount of interest as long as reserves were reasonable. I cannot imagine eliminating the premium renewal and also offering premium-quality domains without reserves. Even for the NP .tv auction I'm hesitant to offer a low reserve for fear of how much bidding interest there will really be.

•••
The name I like the most on the list is Beauty.tv. I am sure the reserve will be high. Funny L'Oreal the large French company has owned Beautytv.tv for years.

VS.tv was actually sold by NP member ATL.tv to the perfect end user Versus network. They paid over $4000 and dropped the name.

•••
I think the possibly one thing to come out of the auction if it does work might be the demise of speculating in premium renewal names. With a whole lot of high quality names at normal reg fees I would imagine interest in those $500/$1000 etc reg fees names already owned by speculators is going to shrink alot more.

•••
I don't think $500 and lower its a problem Snoop if someone has an end user interest. Purely hypothetical example, It does not matter that Business.tv is non premium if you are in the Beer industry and Beer.tv is $500 and you want the name. And its not like every name going to become a non premium that is currently a premium. I also do not agree 115 names is a high number.

•••
At first I felt this is going to be a fail but I just got sedo's newsletter saying that renewals arent premiums and thats why I edited my post.
Sevcond part is not edited though so:
I feel a bit cheated holding premium .tv's of low $$$$$ these last 3 yrs, while enom auctions some of the very best without any premium renewals....

Despite all that I hope the best for this auction because it will make .tv stronger in domainers eyes.

:sold:

Last edited:
•••
I don't think $500 and lower its a problem Snoop if someone has an end user interest. Purely hypothetical example, It does not matter that Business.tv is non premium if you are in the Beer industry and Beer.tv is $500 and you want the name.

Agree it isn't likely to effect endusers, I'm talking about trading in these domains amoungst domainers. Whatever is left of that market could well be alot smaller with this new, better priced inventory.

And its not like every name going to become a non premium that is currently a premium. I also do not agree 115 names is a high number.

If the auction goes well in Verisign's eyes I'm sure there will be a lot more coming.

•••
The full text from SEDO (including typo..let's hope there are none on the names themselves!)...

"Upcoming Events
Auctions, Conferences and More!
Sedo′s .TV Auction:

Sedo has teamed up with VeriSign, the global registry operator for the .TV internet domain, to hold an exclusive auction for the entire available catalog of 115 premium .TV domain names at the standard registry renewal fee, which is a greatly reduced reneweal fee. The list of available domains include Beauty.TV, Bloopers.TV, , Business.TV, Cable.TV, Films.TV, Finance.TV, Home.TV, Jobs.TV, Lifestyle.TV, Real.TV, and Vacation.TV.

The auction begins on Sedo.com on April 1, 2010 at 12 p.m. EDT and ends on April 8, 2010 at 12 p.m. EDT.

Check out the full auction details at Sedo.tv"

Exciting Times

•••
No problem Dot Stop

You have always displayed leadership qualities here on this board, so even though it's no surprise, it is sincerely appreciated! Thanks.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back