Domain Empire

.tv .TV Premium Auction at SEDO - Starts April 1st 2010!

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
sedo.co.uk/search/searchresult.php4?tracked=&partnerid=&language=e&auctionevent=tvPremium

Just found it :)

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I will admit that from a reseller vantage point, there is now more supply on the market. Previously a nonpremium .TV registrant would likely have to underprice the .COM & .Net equivalent and be competitive with .Info. Oftentimes similar names were available as premiums but premium annual renewals weren't really competitive pricewise. Now all the sudden another .TV investor holds a similar and quite often a better alternative acquired for perhaps hundreds of dollars. Of course they will try to sell at market and at a decent markup but there will be more options for the few developers and end users who are willing to acquire .TV domains in the aftermarket.

•••
Yes we definitely know Jeff there are standard renewals. How do we know ? Oh the press release stating it. The emails from Enom. Watch.tv, Everything.tv where Mark Klein from SEDO left a comment stating it.

Jeff do you do any research yourself or any reading ? Thanks much appreciated. Happy Friday.

•••
If there are lots of people dropping their existing Premium .TV's (and they should, based on the new favorable pricing structure!) ... this will put further downward pressure on prices across the board, including those in the upcoming Sedo auction IMHO. :gl:

I don't really follow how people now considering dropping whatever premiums they have under the old structure (ie dropping because of the new system) is going to effect the names under the new structure. Assuming not much changes with the pricing of those old names I would imagine domainers will drop most of what they hold over time, basically drawing a line and call it a writeoff and will put money into the new names.

To think of it another there is really no room for "downward pressure on prices across the board", basically there was almost no market previously. It would be a bit like saying .mobi may see downward pressure in prices. People have already lost pretty much everything they put in anyway.

Whatever market develops will be far better than in the past, pretty much regardless of the price level. If business.tv sells for 30k for example, that is better than the $0 it was worth under the old pricing system.

•••
Yes we definitely know Jeff there are standard renewals. How do we know ? Oh the press release stating it. The emails from Enom. Watch.tv, Everything.tv where Mark Klein from SEDO left a comment stating it.

There are many, many active and concurrent .TV threads & posts, and I only read the ones here on #1 Namepros™ ... the one link that I saw to an earlier Press Release (I believe from Verisign) did not definitely state that, and I never received any emails from Enom or did anyone copy & paste any of their emails from Enom. :gl: :imho:

All upcoming Sedo auction domains definitively will have only standard yearly renewals, thank you! :yell:

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

I don't really follow how people now considering dropping whatever premiums they have under the old structure (ie dropping because of the new system) is going to effect the names under the new structure. Assuming not much changes with the pricing of those old names I would imagine domainers will drop most of what they hold over time, basically drawing a line and call it a writeoff and will put money into the new names.

If existing Premium renewal .TV's are repeatedly dropped due to the new pricing structure ... this is a sign that they are obviously not worth their "premium, and it also increases supply / available inventory IMHO. :gl:
So we have a Supply & Demand thing then going on ... AND, perhaps more importantly, the aftermarket consists of 0.00 End users who will actually develop these .TV domains resulting in 0.00 "ecosystem" and mass awareness / adoption for the Tuvalu ccTLD / supposed 'video' extension - all together then, there will thus be a dynamic of .TV prices being down, generally, across the board. I think we'll see a lot of FIZZLE in the upcoming .TV Sedo auction, comparatively speaking, as well! :zzz: :imho:
Stay tuned.

---------- Post added at 10:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 PM ----------

Added:
Also, if the .TV auction is so highly anticipated, why even bother with the up to $5,000 "Reserve Prices" ... just start each of them out at $0 and let them be be bidded on / true market decide by Usual Suspect .TV domainers who should, presumably, be very happy to not have to pay excessive annual Premium renewal fees, IMHO.

PS. Why does it still say .TV Premium Auction - starts April 1st 2010! atop the Sedo auction pages ... and then goes on to state, "Certain .tv domains considered premium by the registry are subject to registry renewal fees that can be higher than the typical fee" - when, as stated above, these Sedo domains do not have "Premium" status / renewal fees, only standard renewal fees? :blink:

Thanks kindly,
Jeff B-)

Last edited:
•••
The reserve prices have been added to the Sedo listings. Most being $1000-$4999.

•••
The reserve prices have been added to the Sedo listings. Most being $1000-$4999.

^ I agree, and generally went through the entire auction list and concur (and, no offense, I'd still like to triple check that all ongoing annual renewal fees are the exact same for each domain; ie., $Xx/year); :gl:

0.tv
2.tv
3.tv
4.tv
5.tv
advertising.tv
archive.tv
au.tv
auctions.tv
backup.tv
bank.tv
bargain.tv
bargains.tv
beach.tv
beauty.tv
best.tv
bf.tv
black.tv
bloopers.tv
book.tv
books.tv
british.tv
bs.tv
business.tv
ca.tv
cable.tv
call.tv
camera.tv
chatroom.tv
chatrooms.tv
christmas.tv
city.tv
classifieds.tv
contest.tv
contests.tv
coupon.tv
coupons.tv
craps.tv
digital.tv
dr.tv
english.tv
european.tv
fantasy.tv
films.tv
finance.tv
financing.tv
find.tv
germany.tv
golfing.tv
got.tv
guide.tv
help.tv
hits.tv
home.tv
host.tv
id.tv
in.tv
invest.tv
investment.tv
is.tv
jackpots.tv
japan.tv
jazz.tv
job.tv
jobs.tv
jp.tv
korean.tv
lawyers.tv
learn.tv
lifestyle.tv
lifestyles.tv
loans.tv
maps.tv
network.tv
new.tv
nudity.tv
of.tv
personal.tv
phone.tv
photo.tv
programs.tv
re.tv
real.tv
reporter.tv
reservation.tv
reservations.tv
rewards.tv
rooms.tv
scores.tv
shops.tv
show.tv
shows.tv
sluts.tv
spa.tv
specials.tv
stocks.tv
storage.tv
store.tv
stores.tv
stream.tv
streaming.tv
the.tv
think.tv
to.tv
tunes.tv
uncensored.tv
unreal.tv
upload.tv
vacation.tv
vs.tv
wine.tv
womens.tv
wow.tv
xo.tv
yachting.tv

Question; would the auction be more active / successful / etc. with NO "Reserve Prices"? :gl:
IYHO's.

Night,
Jeff B-)

•••
There was no way they were going to let a name like Business or Germany for example start at 0. Now some names should not be in that auction, nowhere near as good as what people got over the last two days. Yes for the 100th time. NO MORE PREMIUM RENEWALS for any, .tv name unregistered. Right now the only thing that has a premium is the already regged premium .tv.

SEDO has that standard verbage in there for every .tv because the .tv community told them to do that a couple years ago. Its a programming issue on SEDO's part. For this auction its not needed. They need to keep for other auctions because if I sent for example Tea.tv to auction its a $250 premium.

•••
Jeff, do you own any DOT TVs or do you just come on here to socialize? Do you have the money to invest in premium DOT TV domains?

•••
I sent for example Tea.tv to auction its a $250 premium.

So there's a two-tier premium system. That has to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

•••
Jeff, do you own any DOT TVs or do you just come on here to socialize? Do you have the money to invest in premium DOT TV domains?

Why do people bother with these question. His view is against people investing in the extension so why would you expect him to own any?

•••
Why do people bother with these question. His view is against people investing in the extension so why would you expect him to own any?

Of course, there's really not much point asking such questions but if one just recently joined the forum and seeing someone so actively entrenched in this particular conversation whilst being the devil's advocate. He or she would naturally be curious about that person, wouldn't you? :o

Not saying anyone's wrong or right at this point, just tagging along for the ride. :]

•••

Last edited:
•••
Back on topic ... :gl:

There was no way they were going to let a name like Business or Germany for example start at 0. Now some names should not be in that auction, nowhere near as good as what people got over the last two days. Yes for the 100th time. NO MORE PREMIUM RENEWALS for any, .tv name unregistered. Right now the only thing that has a premium is the already regged premium .tv.

Thanks for the clarification on the standard verbiage and re-confirmation of the NO MORE Premium renewals; I agree with you that there are a lot of (standard) Reg. fee+/- domains in the list. :red:
I still don't understand why all of them couldn't have been $0.00 starting prices ... and it'll be interesting to see where some of these, including Business and Germany, end up (and to whom), IMHO.

Hopefully someone will start an usual new thread with the opinions/posting of some of our favorites and/or auction predictions in the next several days! :talk:
Woot.

Best,
Jeff B-)

•••
Of course, there's really not much point asking such questions but if one just recently joined the forum and seeing someone so actively entrenched in this particular conversation whilst being the devil's advocate.

He has been a member for 7 years!

---------- Post added at 05:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:28 PM ----------

I think the end result is going to be much the same whether the reserve was 5k or zero on the better names. Not sure why Verisign bothered with such reserves on germany.tv and business.tv but you could ask the same question of why mtld did it with flowers.mobi years ago. Maybe they wanted high reserves and Sedo brought them down. I don't think it matters much though.

•••
Hopefully someone will start an usual new thread with the opinions/posting of some of our favorites and/or auction predictions in the next several days! :talk:
:

Jeff

Don't sit there hoping - start a thread.

It would be a laugh to see people's predictions.

Personally, after the maxxing out of everyone's credit cards and bank balances, aided with almost zero promotion, I think the prices will be really low. But who knows!!

•••
Personally, after the maxxing out of everyone's credit cards and bank balances, aided with almost zero promotion, I think the prices will be really low. But who knows!!

They have got an enormous amount of promotion in my view.

Agree about the prices. In my view it is a (over)supply issue which will likely be aorund for a long time. It is a bit like buying a house in a new estate surrounded by thousands of hectares of vacant land. Be careful what you pay especially in the initial couple of months when hype is at its peak.

•••

Auction prices, with perhaps a few exceptions, will not live up to the recent hype and chatter, IMHO. :guilty:
PS. Track who is buying what, and why ...

Perhaps I will participate ... in a lively "auction prediction" thread! :talk:

Best,
Jeff B-)

•••
Dumped/sold most of my .tv's, could not see much future, kept 6, mainly country IDN's.

Still have my favourite- Favourite.tv :blink:

I see no valid reason why the all the auctions should not start at zero for supposed premium names, the only assumption I can make is that perhaps they are not as premium and sought after as the hype may suggest. :imho:

•••
He has been a member for 7 years!

I was actually referring to 'redbat' but that's pretty inconsequential. :]

A number of geos didn't make it to the Sedo auction instead was bought for a maximum of 3k-4k...I'll be very surprised if the geos at the auction will go any much higher than that amount.

•••
I think the sleeper that may surprise is Japan.tv especially if the sedo guys have been doing the marketing to the right people. JMHO

•••
^ Japan.TV and Germany.TV are good Geo's ... and there are several that would great development projects; also, there are a good deal not worth a heck of a lot especially when considering available alternatives and the present (over)supply situation, IMHO. :gl:

Good Luck,
Jeff B-)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back