IT.COM

Totally Free And Unique Way To Park Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Badger

Ravaged By AgeVIP Member
Impact
1plus.net - The ONLY way to park and sell your domains for free and earn 100% of the revenue - is now ready for general release..

The site concept is a "for domainers, by domainers" site and my thanks go out to the likes of -RJ-, Grrilla, Cyberian and the dozen or so others who have helped test the site with their parked domains....

So you have some domains, you haven't yet developed them, you may not trust other mini site or parking page providers and you want a little more control...Yes....??

If so, then 1plus.net is the site for you..

Whats it all about?

1plus.net was born in the Spring of 2006 and, at time of writing, provides automated websites for nearly 20,000 domains and over 500 registered users. 1Plus is a site designed equally for the benefit of the domain holder and the visitor alike. Unlike those horrible 'advertisement only' parking sites - which ensure visitors stay for just about as long as it takes for them to hit the 'Back' button - 1Plus can either be a content rich news site providing multiple and unlimited pages for each of the domains it serves, a fully functioning blog or a traditional parking page. Constantly improving and developing, we provide free hosting for all, a free domain sales service and also multiple language feeds in addition to English. The site has been written by domain owners, for domain owners, it is fully customisible and totally FREE.

So, first up! How does it work?

1. Very simply, you upload your domain names (once you have created your free account) in your user admin panel at www.1plus.net - Our bulk upload tool allows you to do this in a matter of minutes. Simply upload your domains without the "www" etc i.e. YourDomain.Com
2. Then, insert your chosen global banner code into your profile - this can be done using a code from any of the ppc or affiliate program (adsense, YPN, CJ.com, tradedoubler or your own custom made banners etc etc). You may use multiple banner codes, alternate banner codes (when your PPC server cannot serve them) or use your very own banners. Basically, the choice is yours. You may even customise different banners for individual domains in addition to using the global option. If this all sounds confusing, a simple solution is to just enter your adsense merchant id number ( This site recommends Google AdSense for targeted ads) on your "customize" page and the site will do the rest.
3. Set the main "keyword" and/or "keywords" on each of your domains (this is shown as "Main KW") in your 'domain manager'
4. And finally, set your domain Nameservers at your domain registrar to : ns1.1plus.net and ns2.1plus.net.

(Alternatively, you may also simply set your domain A records to 69.73.150.25 or you may Url redirect each of your domains to www.1plus.net/your_domain_name/ (you may mask your domain if you require). If you use URL redirection please DO NOT forget to re-direct using the correct address, in particular forgetting the "/" at the end of the URL is a common mistake.)

And thats it.... Your site will be live, hosted and (hopefully) earning you money straight away.. :)

Reported click throughs have been up as high as 20% and one user has reported his adsense earnings are up from $62 a month to $290

Why should I bother...?

1. You have 100% control and also get 100% of your revenue from whatever advertising supplier you choose.
2. The site writes all its own content based upon the keywords you enter. Two examples of our different news skins can be found <Here> and <Here> These are sites showing latest news and links and ads from adsense. YourDomain.com shows you an example page with user defined custom banners. We also now have a blog skin <Here>, or a regular parking page <Here>
3. The site writes further open ended optimised pages for you so that a single domain of yours can have additional web presence. See www.golf.sc/travel
4. Each verified domain marked as "for Sale" is listed on our domains for sale page (a page that is indexed by the search engines numerous times a day) - this ensures even a newly registered domain is indexed and listed within a matter of days
5. The site also offers a free escrow domain sales service with no commission - thus ensuring you receive 100% of any domain sale values.

Questions...

1. What size banners can I have?

On our news pages, two banner spaces are provided for. 468X60 Headline/leaderboard banner and 120X600 skyscraper. You may also use additional banner codes of your choice or customization provided they are of the ppropriate size. For our Blog and Parking pages, all you need to do is insert your adsense merchant and / or your "revenue pilot" id numbers.

2. What about your straight parking page?

We did beta test an adsense for domains straight parking page (which we have been approved for) but this involves creating a bona-fide business and paying users etc - a decision we have left on the back burner for now. For all those who prefer the parking page as a first choice, this is available with the feed coming from Revenue Pilot. Simply apply to them using your 1plus.net parked domain.

3. Whats in it for you?

Very little. And we intend to keep it this way. However, in chat with our testers, they suggested and we agreed to use the house banner code once every 10 page views.

4. Can I customise my banners for individual domains instead of having a global banner code?

Yes.

5. Can i simply advertise my domains without hosting them with you?

Yes. Although we cannot see any reason why you would still want to park elsewhere, you may still create a 1plus account and upload your domain names "for sale". These will show on our domains for sale page. The only difference between hosted domains and those parked elsewhere is that domains not hosted by us incur a 10% sales handling fee if or when you receive and accept an offer to sell. Also, domains not parked on the site will also not show users banners.

6. Can I advertise my domain on the 1plus home page?

Yes. Each registered user gets 1 free "featured" domain which will appear on our home page (in rotatation with others).

7. Are there any restriction/s on ccTLD's and or type and style of domains?

No. You can park any name you want. All we ask is that offensive and/or adult related domains do not get featured (and appear on our home page). Non-english related domains are supported but certain column headers and text remains in English.

8. Are the mini sites against adsense or yahoo's TLA's ?

No. All the pages are full of content and not "made for adsense"

9. Can I use URL masking if I use URL redirection?

Yes. No problem whatsoever. The only drawback using this technique is that you will have to set your own metatags and titles at your registrar.

10. Will my domains be indexed in their own right or as a sub domain of 1plus.net?

If you point your domains using a change of nameservers, you will have a fully hosted, optimised and indexed domain in its own right. Some domains already have 300 indexed pages.

11. Can i advertise my products, services and or websites on any other of the 50,000 page views per day?

Yes. To help pay for hosting, we are allowing horizontal keyword text link adverts to appear on all our pages for a very small fee, click here to place your order

12. When do you pay me?

We dont pay anyone.. All the ads you choose to serve on our site are provided by 3rd party companies, the likes of which you decide. You must create an account with the likes of revenue pilot, adsense, yahoo, CJ.com yourself - and these guys pay you for the traffic/sales you provide. Once you have created your 1plus account, links to these providers are available in your user control panel.

13. I have applied for an account but havent received the confirmation email?

Certain email clients such as AOL (in particular) auto bounce server generated emails. If you havent received your confirmation link, check you spam box. If it isnt in there, send an email to support from the email you registered with. We would be grateful if users did not try and register from AOL email accounts in particular.

And thats about the long and short of it...

I hope you will enjoy your experience with the site and earn some decent revenue as a result...

As a footnote, obviously if you have any problems in your set up or questions that go unanswered feel free to email [email protected] or visit the 1plus blog. There is also a long discussion thread going on at NamePros.com

Regards

Ian Collier

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Badger said:
4. On the site both adsense banners show fine but the "beer related news" left hand column has links using a different adsense code. Are they supposed to be like that?

No. And this will be fixed. If youre right, it must be showing the house ad code. I will investigate and fix if necessary.
The search box also uses the other code.

Thanks for your answers earlier and your patience with all of us! :D

•••
•••
not a problem guys, the adsense bug linked to the search box and the overture links will be fixed by the end of the day..

We are also working on linking each page to more common sub pages with additional sub pages on top of that... So theoretically, each domain parked could (and should in time) potentially have 000's of further news related sub pages indexed and listed.. :)

Any more comments, suggestions or queries post or pm as usual..

•••
dont know if its bein pointed out but theres a spelling mistake in the domains panel

Marl All Domains as "For Sale"

•••
Badger said:
Any more comments, suggestions or queries post or pm as usual..
How about control over font size? Older surfers (e.g. boomers) prefer larger fonts for web pages. Google parking typically uses larger fonts than others. I think that's smart, as older folks are the ones who have more buying power, but they don't like tiny or small fonts.

•••
nickb.web said:
dont know if its bein pointed out but theres a spelling mistake in the domains panel
I saw that the other day, keep meaning to fix it (plus a few others backend) :red:

NP41215 said:
How about control over font size?

Sure, obviously our elder surfers can control font size on their desktop. However, if you want to increase the size of your ads, simply insert the code of your chosen banner/font/colour and :) . Hope that helps..

•••
Well, well, well.... Old Brock, haven't we just about setup a domainers dream come true parking/EARNING/DEVELOPING/and-it-looks-good-too Service?
My test 30 or so I setup are all indexed, recognized, and one has taken a PR bump up since I parked it. (In all fairness this was predicted, but moving it didn't hurt it)

Bottom line, once the gui and options are cleared up on the Manager, this is by far the most comfortable, and trusted place I have ever set my undev'd names. My biggest issue had always been one of trust, are they giving a true accounting on hits/ctr? Here, I am not in the least concerned with this for two reasons...
1) It's Ian, and I'd trust him with my sister.
2) With this incredible concept I cant see any gain to the system in not recording everything that is our just due. Adsense can't be hi-jacked unless the codes are changed where all can see.

Now if this all sounds like a advertisment for www.1plus.net, it is.

Thanks for the new Jaguar, Ian... :hehe: I look good in it.

Cyberian

•••
I almost feel like I'm taking advantage of you... (I might leave a rose on the pillow or something ;) ).
Anyway, I'm trying it out on LI2.com first (New snapnames "victory") and we'll see how things sit... After getting it setup and seeing the page and the targeted nature... MUY impressivo senor!

-Allan :gl:

•••
Any chance you could set it up so we could enter a channel for adsense as well? I know I could just put in the banner code myself but Im lazy. :)

•••
Thanks for sorting out the overture and search box adsense codes and for the unique views!

I'm just waiting to see if my Adsense channels for DrinkingDen.com are working the way I want them to, then I'm moving the rest of my domains in.

Thanks a lot! :)

•••
Thx for all you kind comments guys, muchos appreciated...

Working hard on bring you all youve asked for...

As Rob says above, have now installed a unique views feature which (when you click on) will give you the uniques plus IP location of your visitor.

Have also just designed another skin (which is more comprehensive) and this will be loaded soon. Have also manipulated the adsense code (as per their approved feature) which will only display ads using your "keyword/s" and not page content - thus giving you even more control and directed ads... :)

Am about to load the feature to customise individual domains i.e. Yahoo for some, adsense for others, CJ.com for others etc and this will be available by tomorrow.

And am also going to change the business services box to bring you more keyword related news pages. This will (over a period of time) hopefully bring you multiple indexed pages for a single domain...

Btw, if you want to check the look and feel and test the keywords for your domains, before "going live" as it were, use this URL substituting the caps with your information

[1plus.net/?news=YOURDOMAINNAME.com&term=YOUR+KEYWORD]

cheers, Ian

Last edited:
•••
A little "pre-plug" for you :)

2 Days, 27 Hits, 8 Uniques
$4.20 in Revenue from all sources.

I wouldn't imagine that the stats continue anywhere this high, but great so far!

Beautiful, absolutely amazing Ian!

-Allan :gl:

•••
Hi guys,

This looks very interesting and I would like to try it out on www.links.com. I am new to this (as many of you know), and I would appreciate any pointers on what keyword might work best on a generic name like this. I could, of course, just experiment, but if anyone has a similar generic name I would be interested in details. Right now I am getting about 800 unique visitors/day and a CTR of about 13% using NameDrive's custom page.

Thanks for any ideas.

Rich

•••
...a CTR of about 13%...
Ya know, nobody likes a braggard... :lol:

•••
TestCase said:

Can you please elaborate? Thanks.

Rich

•••
Badger said:
Am about to load the feature to customise individual domains i.e. Yahoo for some, adsense for others, CJ.com for others etc and this will be available by tomorrow.
Wow! It just keeps getting better and better! :)

That solves my Adsense channel problem - if I can use a custom channel for each site rather than trying to figure out what's wrong with my url channels (Adsense newbie)

All that's left is moving all my domains and earning :$::$::$:
:kickass:

•••
1plus payments

Thanks for the great 1Plus site, Badger! I've set up a couple of domains there and I'm very impressed with how they look -- I'll most likely be doing many more!

I just wanted to confirm...we just get paid for our Google AdSense clicks, correct? Or are there other items on the pages that bring in revenue for us directly through your site?

•••
This is great Badger.. I've just added a domain. This service is free (I wonder for how long). Thanks alot! :tu:

•••
TestCase said:
I think it really depends on the domain name and the keywords. I have a domain that yield a CTR between 23.08% and 30.00%, although mostly around 27%. I am a novice in parking and use ordinary common sense and reasonable hunch when selecting keywords. I am sure I am not doing it the optimal, professional way.

Badger said:
Btw, if you want to check the look and feel and test the keywords for your domains, before "going live" as it were, use this URL substituting the caps with your information

[1plus.net/?news=YOURDOMAINNAME.com&term=YOUR+KEYWORD]

cheers, Ian
This is great, and I just tested it. Very helpful tool!

Btw, if I want to use a key phrase rather than a single word, what's the right way to do it? For example, if I want to use the key-phrase "stock market", rather than "stock" how should I enter the expression. Please give an example.

Also, is there a limit to the number of terms in the equation?, i.e. how many terms can you string together. In other words, how many lines can be put or shown in the left-most column where the keywords (and key-phrases?) appear?

TIA

•••
Nameservers?

How about nameservers? I have some new .ccTLD that aren't yet registered and currently have no nameserver.

/J

•••
Let me answer a few of these questions so Ian has less to do when he sees this! :)

dagersh said:
I just wanted to confirm...we just get paid for our Google AdSense clicks, correct? Or are there other items on the pages that bring in revenue for us directly through your site?
Google pays you for your Adsense clicks, yes. The only thing that will go through 1plus.net will be if you sell your domain and use their escrow (which I think was mentioned in post #1)

NP41215 said:
Btw, if I want to use a key phrase rather than a single word, what's the right way to do it? For example, if I want to use the key-phrase "stock market", rather than "stock" how should I enter the expression. Please give an example.

Also, is there a limit to the number of terms in the equation?, i.e. how many terms can you string together. In other words, how many lines can be put or shown in the left-most column where the keywords (and key-phrases?) appear?
To use multiple words use a + between them.
Example: http://1plus.net/?news=golf.sc&term=golf+supplies

I can't accurately answer your second question though. The only thing I will mention is that the header of the left links column will overflow into two (or more) rows if you use too many words.
Also, the links on the left work using Overture suggestions so if your keywords are really specific or there's a lot of words, there will be few or no words/phrases in the left list.

jonasholmstrom said:
How about nameservers? I have some new .ccTLD that aren't yet registered and currently have no nameserver.
You will need to set up the nameservers to the registrars default nameserver settings before you can apply the redirect.

Hope that helps y'all and eases Badger's workload! :)

•••
Do you have an affiliate or second tier program?

•••
NP41215 said:
I think it really depends on the domain name and the keywords. I have a domain that yield a CTR between 23.08% and 30.00%, although mostly around 27%. I am a novice in parking and use ordinary common sense and reasonable hunch when selecting keywords. I am sure I am not doing it the optimal, professional way.

Thanks for sharing with me your experiences. Frankly, I am shocked that even 13% click-through much less 30%. I never click any of the banners or keywords when I run across these sites. I can't imagine what might induce a 30% hit rate, but I would love to view your site that is getting 30% so that I can have some ideas. Thanks.

Rich

•••
Another AdSense question

On these 1Plus news pages, I see that the left-hand column of related links is powered by Google, as is (of course) the Google search at the top of the page. I noticed when I view the page source code for one of the domains I've set up at 1Plus that these links have a different AdSense account number than my own associated with them -- is that customizable somewhere so that I can have it linked with my AdSense account, or is that how you make money on these, Badger? If that's not your number, I'd love to get my account number in there, since that's the portion of the page after the news (which I assume doesn't generate money itself) that I assume people would be most likely to click. My account number IS associated with the AdSense links on the right and top of the page, however.

Thanks for your help clarifying all this...

•••
That problem was already fixed, I guess someone had to restore the code and used an old backup by mistake.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back